gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 02:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Shimano DXR prices
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Shimano DXR prices  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Shimano DXR prices
« on: February 10, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Just been asked to check on the prices of some Shimano DXR cranks.

They've shot up in price big time and now retail for £323 and another £64 for the chainring.  :wtf:

Thank god I got mine last year.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Shimano DXR prices
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 10:52 AM »
Yep, Mental
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 10:55 AM »
The rear hub is now £196 and the front is now £96.  :LolLolLolLol:

dialledbikes

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 11:47 AM »
Shimano has gone up by as much as 60% across the board.

Expect all bike bits to get expensive in 09.

dodger

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 12:42 PM »
indeed i belive madisons price increase was a few weeks ago and its gone to silly levels now

hens y im going to be using older dx or deore kit insted. 8)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 01:28 PM »
i know it's not BMX but i picked up some silver Deore hollowtech II's from CRC about 4 months ago for £40!  they run as smooth as silk and haven't missed a beat since fitting em!  still got chainrings made of putty but great none the less  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 01:36 PM »
wow thats mental....  well glad i bought mine of Mike!!!!  (HE'S PUT HIS PRICES UP NOW...and you gotta by a frame to qualify :angel:)

QuadPaul you got the bargain of the year for £165!!!  i went for saints in the end £104!!!

and thats me done spending.. just had to pay £76 for the fookin spokes as they had gone up 45% but my wheels just look the dogs danglies...  shop was reluctant to let them go in the end  :LolLolLolLol:.

right off to bang spanners for a couple of hours lots of lovely new parts to fit...  :smitten:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 02:00 PM »
I was toting up the cost of my Intense if I had to buy it all at retail now. I was shocked at how much it would cost to build, £1800+

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 02:25 PM »
I can see a lot of people going back to Profiles if DXRs are now £323.  They're good, but that's a hell of a lot to spend on cranks.

I might get the Supercross Sinners for my next bike.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 02:39 PM »
I love my DXR's but if I had to pay retail there's no way I'd have a set. It would be Redline flights all the way for me.  :daumenhoch:

To be honest if I was building another bike now I'd leave off all the shimano and just use products from BMX only companies.

QuadPaul

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 03:09 PM »
Bloody hell that is some price hick :shocked: :shocked: Yep I certainly did get a bargin cheers Crooch :daumenhoch:

As Zipps says if I hadn't just got them theres no way I'd be paying that for for them I'd have bought twin pinch Flights as well, still a quality crank 25 years on :daumenhoch:

dodger

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 03:17 PM »
i know it's not BMX but i picked up some silver Deore hollowtech II's from CRC about 4 months ago for £40!  they run as smooth as silk and haven't missed a beat since fitting em!  still got chainrings made of putty but great none the less  :daumenhoch:
i have these on my single speed mtb and there great not had to touch them in about 8months.

as for the redlines there also great there curentley sat on my street bike waiting for me to pull my finger out to bould a new bike lol
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 03:19 PM by dodger »

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 06:32 PM »
ive just sold a complete dxr set-up with the dx pedals for £180....
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 07:46 PM »
Did you post that up on here?

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 08:01 PM »
mental increase  :crazy2:  thats why i had shiners buy 15 sets before they went up for SE and redline teams  :daumenhoch:

magna13

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 08:05 PM »
What a joke! nice cranks and all but £64 for a chainring? :idiot2: :idiot2: i race with a 44t SR and that had been given to me by Poolysheriff... does the exact same job! :idiot2:

dialledbikes

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 08:18 PM »
mental increase  :crazy2:  thats why i had shiners buy 15 sets before they went up for SE and redline teams  :daumenhoch:

Jai, if you're swapping out any Flight cranks on team bikes for DXR, I need a set of 175mm Flight arms please  :daumenhoch:

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 08:30 PM »

Jai, if you're swapping out any Flight cranks on team bikes for DXR, I need a set of 175mm Flight arms please  :daumenhoch:

sorry Mike we just chucked them in the bike boxes and sent them to the riders, but if i do get any spare i'll let you have em

dialledbikes

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 08:46 PM »
Cheers Jai.

The pro xl I got off you has 180mm cranks and Quillan needs 175mm cranks.

lodge

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 07:50 AM »
Is it just the dxr cranks or all shimano stuff?, I keep hearing of silly price increases on stuff is it because of the sterling exchange rate do you think?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 08:08 AM »
don't look like they've got any but......

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx'modelID=35271

thecrooch

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 08:45 AM »
Is it just the dxr cranks or all shimano stuff?, I keep hearing of silly price increases on stuff is it because of the sterling exchange rate do you think?

the exchange rate does come into it but suppliers are increasing their prices as well - i just had new 24" 32H wheelset built and the spokes had increased in price by 45%!   only 85p each up to £1.23 but it soon adds up to a lot when you times it by 64!

and i bought these instead of the DXR http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx'modelID=27685 but even now the price has gone from £105 on 26.1.09 to £140 today!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:54 AM by Crooch »

dialledbikes

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 09:08 AM »
Exchange rates are part of the increases.  e.g. when I paid the deposit on the new dialled bikes frames I was getting around $1.88 to my £1, but when I paid the balance earlier this month that had dropped to $1.33 to my £1.  So that's a 29% price increase straight away.

lodge

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 09:17 AM »
Sorry to go off the dxr subject but at the moment you could pay just over 300 for an LTF frame or over 500 dependent on where you source it from, my guess is the shops selling them at the lower price bought there stock when stirling rates were good and the more expensive frames were bought in after stirling fell.

Mike do you think its fair to say we will see a price hike on all bike stuff manufactured outside the uk when current uk stock is depleted?

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 09:20 AM »
it's the same with canon and nikon, i went to get a new nikon lense and before xmas it was £325 now its £495 it takes the piss  :tickedoff:  fookin bankers

no doubt Mike you will have to increase the price of your frames

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Shimano DXR prices

gfxgfx
gfx gfx