gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 05:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  oldschool frame legality ...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: oldschool frame legality ...  (Read 996 times)

nosepickben

oldschool frame legality ...
« on: February 09, 2009, 03:11 PM »
Yeah i know it's the wrong forum but it kept me awake for ages last night thinking, I just want some exposure to this thread and some opinions...  :) ;)

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=80231.45

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: oldschool frame legality ...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 03:25 PM »
i personally don't have a problem with the Homes and the AD mounts.......as for the 91 cut off date.  that would fook me righ up as my Hyper Metro is from 91/92 so could not be legal even though it's a 1" threaded headset and no AD mounts on the frame.

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 03:27 PM »
I have got a 1990 m1 S&M Holmes frame that doesnt have mounts. It does have a 21" top tube (almost) and its lovely to ride. I think Id have to agree that its not really an "old school" BMX frame  :-[

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 03:30 PM »
but it is legal though Alex....and therefore you could ride it in an OS race with no issues.

the thing is i'm 6' 2" and riding my old Goose Cali around MK was very twitchy!  my Hyper has a 21.5" (could even be 22") TT and rides so much nicer.  it's legal so why would i want to ride the Cali??

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 03:31 PM »
but it is legal though Alex....and therefore you could ride it in an OS race with no issues.

... and I have done a few times  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 03:34 PM »
so you have  :daumenhoch:   and some great jumping as well if i remember rightly  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 03:43 PM »
so you have. And some great jumping as well if i remember rightly 

At the back, but in the air  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 03:57 PM »
but alex, you styled every one of them jumps.

who cares if you were last, you were having a blast weren't you?
 :4_17_5:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 07:17 PM »
mk08 was won on a de ADed kuwi  ;), if a frame had been modified to take a caliper break and threaded headset, then i think thats taking the piss, otherwise 1" threaded and caliper brake set up should be allowed on whatever age bike, if not only for the sake of numbers n fun in the old school, i think setting a cut off date could be dodgy territory too as some frames ran n ran, and lets face it any later than 95 with a threaded headset aint exactly gonna be cutting edge is it.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 08:37 PM »
mk08 was won on a de ADed kuwi  ;), if a frame had been modified to take a caliper break and threaded headset, then i think thats taking the piss, otherwise 1" threaded and caliper brake set up should be allowed on whatever age bike, if not only for the sake of numbers n fun in the old school, i think setting a cut off date could be dodgy territory too as some frames ran n ran, and lets face it any later than 95 with a threaded headset aint exactly gonna be cutting edge is it.

I am gonna race a 2009 Universal in the summer so Foooooooooooooooooooook youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Like  ;D

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 08:39 PM »
looks a canny bit of kit si

r :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

nosepickben

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 08:47 PM »

I am gonna race a 2009 Universal in the summer so Foooooooooooooooooooook youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Like  ;D

ha ha ha  :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 08:47 PM »

my point exactly  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  oldschool frame legality ...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx