gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Skyway TA
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyway TA  (Read 10016 times)

lodge

Re: Skyway TA
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 01:16 PM »
Ive got loads of footage from the Final runs in Calisle but its all on VHS. I need to get it copied over to digital but I suck at getting around to sorting it out. Im going to dig it out tonight and try and figure out the next move. Loads of Hoffman on there during practice etc. Sure your runs will be there too Gary. Will let you know later on  :daumenhoch:

Dave, Moley on here is the man for that, he did mad matt for me recently, top reliable bloke, and that footage is priceless, have you got footage of the shattered rear tuff he did in practice?

My most memorable memory in bmx is seeing hoffman ride for the first time in the tizer worlds week although I cant remember the venue.

Moley I'm sorry to keep volunteering your services but i know your cool :daumenhoch:

yoda

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 01:31 PM »
Yep Steve Ive got great footage of Hoffman destroying his rear tuff in practice. Ive got a couple of people to shake down with regards to copying the footage. I'll see what I can get sorted out.

lodge

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 01:37 PM »
Would love to blag a copy when you get it sorted although that shattered tuff incident is inprinted in my brain i thought hawkins was gonna have coronary.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 11:27 PM »
Ive got loads of footage from the Final runs in Calisle but its all on VHS. I need to get it copied over to digital but I suck at getting around to sorting it out. Im going to dig it out tonight and try and figure out the next move. Loads of Hoffman on there during practice etc. Sure your runs will be there too Gary. Will let you know later on  :daumenhoch:

WOW.
Love to see everyones runs, I was so nervous back then I missed half of it!
All I remember was everyone tryin' real hard and the crowd going mental, which was really scary when you had to ride next!

G

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 09:01 AM »
Would love to blag a copy when you get it sorted although that shattered tuff incident is inprinted in my brain i thought hawkins was gonna have coronary.
I remember when that happened. Hoffman  did a huge granny air and shattered his rear skyway, then Pete H ran out to grab his bike.

you've never seen Hawkins move so fast on someone's rear .. ;D

narf narf...
awaiting witty comments....................... ;)
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

bmxer4ever

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 11:15 PM »
I remember when that happened. Hoffman  did a huge granny air and shattered his rear skyway, then Pete H ran out to grab his bike.

you've never seen Hawkins move so fast on someone's rear .. ;D

narf narf...
awaiting witty comments....................... ;)

But Ross my dear man, that was the story of the '87 worlds.... and it had nothing to do with Hoffman on a quarterpipe....

Ramp Rat

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 01:16 AM »
That's a lovely build - well done - just needs a good thrashing.

scott250

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 11:05 PM »
Last time I seen you on a skyway Dave it broke in half ;D  I remeber you seeing double for 10mins or so.

I got hold of an old skyway, it was a little crushed on the bottom tube from a bash gard - was OK, I built it up and rode it a couple of time.  Very short toptube but felt great in the air.  I sold it on to some oldschool racer from Boro about 5 years ago.

They were nice bikes but I would have killed for a Hutch back in the day, then again I loved my DP :)

welsh denny

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2009, 01:30 AM »
Yep Steve Ive got great footage of Hoffman destroying his rear tuff in practice. Ive got a couple of people to shake down with regards to copying the footage. I'll see what I can get sorted out.

i'd love to see the footage too. great watching old stuff., and this i wouldn't have seen as i didn't attend it.  i can transfer easily enough- i do all mine from vhs to mini dv camcorder tape , then reupload to the pc for editing, or to dvd recorder for dvd- no loss of quality either.

(been going thru a lot of the old skate footage/ party stuff i filmed over the years for the pritchard vs dainton/ dirty sanchez  documentary. grew up with the nutters.
so converting is a doddle- just getting the tapes - if they went missing in the post-  :2gunsfiring_v1: old footage is priceless if there is no other copy.
i kept ALL my vhs tapes and got shoeboxes piled high with the camcorder tapes from over the years. just never enough time in the week let alone the day.)

on the look out for old/mid bmx freestyle footage. i'm hoping to do a dvd from then to now. got all my filming from 1991 to present, plus bits and bobs already off others from 83/84, 86,87,88, 90. looking to gather as much as i can together by early next year (2010) then edit. anyone out there willing to submit  your original footage  then pm me.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:03 PM by welsh denny »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Skyway TA

gfxgfx
gfx gfx