gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 03:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Moving my Bikes to Australia, ideas??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Moving my Bikes to Australia, ideas??  (Read 1570 times)

chichi

Moving my Bikes to Australia, ideas??
« on: February 03, 2009, 03:31 PM »
Hello peeps,

Myself and my aussie gal are heading down under to live. (yeah no rust!!)

I have been informed by a friend here that a couple of members here have recently moved to Australia.
We have found a company called Anglo Pacific for moving all of our stuff.
But i am unsure if to use this service for my bikes or send them another way?
With Anglo Pacific it takes 3 months to get there.

Any help or advice will be great. (sensible ideas that is. Wish i still had my batman boat  :2funny:)
Cheers all,
Nev  :daumenhoch:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Moving my Bikes to Australia, ideas??
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 03:33 PM »
PM MartyC Nev as he moved there a few months back.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 03:34 PM »
marty is in perth now.....

however you chose to get them there, use plenty of bubble wrap....

best of luck....   :daumenhoch:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

chichi

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 03:45 PM »
Thanks for that guys, a pm on it's way to martyC..

Yeah first off i was thinking of bubble wrap, but then saw a thread with pipe lagging on a frame  :4_17_5:

Cheers,
Nev  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 03:47 PM »
Nev best of luck mate to you and your missus. We have friends over there and they said its the best move they ever did, yeah they miss their family etc.. but they do visit quite often and come back here for 2 months at a time, but they said the way of life is something else mate  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 04:02 PM »
Diamond Dean is upping sticks as well in the next few weeks - maybe you can send them all together....

chichi

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 04:04 PM »
Nev best of luck mate to you and your missus. We have friends over there and they said its the best move they ever did, yeah they miss their family etc.. but they do visit quite often and come back here for 2 months at a time, but they said the way of life is something else mate  :daumenhoch:

Cheers Swivel, Yeah we even saw in the paper yesterday record numbers of english are moving down under. Hope they leave a job for me!!
Yes i know i will miss the Family and friends, but it makes good for holidays either way.
I have lived there before on a yrs working visa. WOW WOW they do have the balance right over there and of course the weather also. I have'nt been there in summer yet and the winter was hot so i better get ready for it.
Thanks again for your wishes.  :daumenhoch:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 04:40 PM »
who did your visas?wots the best way to go about emmigrating?i went to oz this time last year and loved it,been bangin on to my girly whos dad lives in sydney that we should do it.went on the net but are so many companies offering visas,bit of a minefield!!!
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

chichi

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 05:08 PM »
who did your visas?wots the best way to go about emmigrating?i went to oz this time last year and loved it,been bangin on to my girly whos dad lives in sydney that we should do it.went on the net but are so many companies offering visas,bit of a minefield!!!

First dude, does you gal have a aussie passport? if so she can sponsor you. Does her Dad have an Aussie passport?
If so he can sponsor you both.
We have done our visa app oursevles, sod doing it with an agent, they cost to much.

Basicaly go onto the site http://www.immi.gov.au/ and here is where you will find all of the info.
I am going on a spouse 309 visa, but we are also engaged.
It cost £660 for visa
Medical £120
X-ray £65
Pathology test £20
ARCO Police Check £35

and a few certified copies of paper work,
Statement to show funds for support.
A min of one yrs paper work to show our relationship at the same address in the UK, But we do have 7yrs worth.

Hope this helps dude.

chichi...... :daumenhoch:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 05:48 PM »
cheers dude thats a massive help!her dad has a oz passport,hes lived there 15 years and ive got a trade!whoop whoop!!! :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

steve Beech TA

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 06:02 PM »

Chichi mate,

You have see how i do my packing, failing that you could give them to me to look after  ::) , just incase you want to come home ;D :2funny:

All the best mate, wish i was coming with you. well not literally

steve  :daumenhoch:

chichi

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 08:14 PM »

Chichi mate,

You have see how i do my packing, failing that you could give them to me to look after  ::) , just incase you want to come home ;D :2funny:

All the best mate, wish i was coming with you. well not literally

steve  :daumenhoch:

Cheers Steve,
Yeah i will go with your style of packing for sure. Yeah i am having lots of offers for peeps to look after them  :2funny:
Thanks for the wishes. Well i could have job for someone to clean my pool  :2funny: :2funny:

japanbmx

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 09:23 PM »
all you poms keep coming over here... but for some reason it always seems to be perth?

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 09:27 PM »
all you poms keep coming over here... but for some reason it always seems to be perth?

apparently, its all populated by riff raff everywhere else......  :10_2_12:

japanbmx

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 09:39 PM »
ha!

Melbourne seems to have a pretty massive oldschool BMX scene (over 150 OS bikes at the last meet we had) and Sydney has just started a retro race series all pre 85 bikes.

hope it all startes happening in perth soon, i saw some sweet oldschool gatherings through ozbmx...  just weird that poms always want to move to perth.  ;D

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 09:51 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

is the climate there a bit cooler?  i heard its been over 40 degrees on the other side :shocked:, that must be unbearable....   8)

chichi

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 11:00 PM »
ha!

Melbourne seems to have a pretty massive oldschool BMX scene (over 150 OS bikes at the last meet we had) and Sydney has just started a retro race series all pre 85 bikes.

hope it all startes happening in perth soon, i saw some sweet oldschool gatherings through ozbmx...  just weird that poms always want to move to perth.  ;D

I am off to Brisvegas, are there any meets in Brisbane??  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 01:19 PM »

First dude, does you gal have a aussie passport? if so she can sponsor you. Does her Dad have an Aussie passport?
If so he can sponsor you both.
We have done our visa app oursevles, sod doing it with an agent, they cost to much.

Basicaly go onto the site http://www.immi.gov.au/ and here is where you will find all of the info.
I am going on a spouse 309 visa, but we are also engaged.
It cost £660 for visa
Medical £120
X-ray £65
Pathology test £20
ARCO Police Check £35

and a few certified copies of paper work,
Statement to show funds for support.
A min of one yrs paper work to show our relationship at the same address in the UK, But we do have 7yrs worth.

Hope this helps dude.

chichi...... :daumenhoch:

PM's exchanged  ;).

Also, if your girlfriend/wife for the boys or husband/boyfriend (for the girls) is an Australian resident/citizen after living together for 7 months you qualify as a "defacto" husband and wife a bit like the old common-law husband and wife and therefore you can apply for residency/visa as if you were a married couple with the other half automatically qualifying for entry and ability to work :daumenhoch:

Family sponsorship only gets you a few points these days, my dad and younger brother are both Aussie citizens (my brother was born here) but it didn't count for much on our visa application.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Moving my Bikes to Australia, ideas??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx