gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 12:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Moving house....moving bikes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Moving house....moving bikes  (Read 504 times)

dannywhiteley

Moving house....moving bikes
« on: January 31, 2009, 08:39 AM »
Later this year I am moving house (hopefully), and one thing that concerns me is how to safely move my bikes.  I dont have many (quad, rebel cruiser and TA plus a frame or two), but not sure if I trust any removal company to look after them to the level required.

Obviously they can chuck my mountain bikes in their van and if they get a scratch no big deal, but the BMX's worry me.

How has anyone else managed this problem in the past?  I could stick em in the car, but we are looking at moving 200 miles and can only get one in at a time.  Could possibly strip em down and pack em, but that seems an arse.

JT71

Re: Moving house....moving bikes
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 08:42 AM »
where you moving from and too? and when?

they'll go in my kangoo van easy, you pay the fuel and get some old carpet to put inbetween each bike.

job done.  :daumenhoch:

dannywhiteley

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 09:11 AM »
Cheers for the offers guys, we are looking at moving from Amersham, Bucks to Derbyshire in the summer.  getting our place valued this morning...

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 09:57 AM »
if you dont want to break the bikes down, and put them into boxes, then i would hire a van myself and shift em'...
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

steve Beech TA

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 08:35 PM »

Excellent Derbyshire, thats my neck of the woods. I will give you a hand if you need one mate. i have found this to be the best way to move my bikes in the past

although this is for posting, if your going to put them in the car then you wont need the dropout strengtheners. if you take the wheels and bars of then it will be easy:

there is no need to strip totaly when there done they feel as if they could be chucked of the empire state building and literally takes 10 min to do,  :daumenhoch:

chichi

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 10:03 PM »
Hey Steve,

Superb packing   :4_17_5:
I will have to pack mine like that when moving to OZ!!   :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 02:14 PM »
Coming over to Oz earlier this year we used Pickfords International, they bubble wrapped all my bikes and then put them in individual huge fook off boxes, arrived like new with no marks or damage anywhere.  I removed all pedals and bubble wrapped those, and turned the bars side on to make them as flat as possible to go in the boxes; 12 weeks in a container from Iver Heath, Bucks to Stirling, Perth WA  :daumenhoch:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

darkersomeday

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 02:24 PM »
you could try riding them :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Moving house....moving bikes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx