gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 03:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Dialled Bikes Factory Team 2009
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dialled Bikes Factory Team 2009  (Read 3579 times)

dialledbikes

Dialled Bikes Factory Team 2009
« on: January 29, 2009, 12:04 PM »
Just found out that Relentless haven't renewed our sponsorship this year (credit crunch/recession affecting Coca-Cola  ::)), so I can now announce the Dialled Bikes BMX and 4X team riders for this season. The following riders will ride under the Dialled Bikes Factory Team name.

Ben Forwood (BMX)
Scott Waterhouse (BMX & 4X)
Emily James (BMX)
Shaun Andrews (BMX)
James Goodwin (BMX & 4X)
Lauren Smith (BMX)
Brad Spick (BMX)
Jon Moore (BMX)
Jason Jessop (BMX)
Quillan Isidore (BMX)
Neil Harbour (BMX)
Dylan Foster (BMX)
Steve Taylor (4X & BMX)
Paddy Baker (4X & BMX)
Jordan Gould (4X & BMX)
Keith Wilson (4X & BMX)

There will also be a second Dialled Bikes team registered with BCF (under the name of Dialled Bikes Support Team) which is open to anyone who has pre-ordered/purchases one of the new MX20R/Cruiser race frames this season. Whoever registers for that team and scores the highest points will get a refund of what they paid for the frame.

Hoping for a top 5 BMX ranking and a top 3 4X ranking with this line-up of riders!

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Dialled Bikes Factory Team 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 12:23 PM »
looking good Mike  :daumenhoch:   get yourself put at the top of the list as TM  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 01:02 PM »
Cheers Jai.  Hopefully 2009 will be the year we finally break into the Top 5.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 02:41 PM »
So all us 30-39 cruiser riders that have your frames can ride for the Factory Support team?

Can we get Dialled Bikes race jerseys as well?

dialledbikes

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 02:51 PM »
So all us 30-39 cruiser riders that have your frames can ride for the Factory Support team?

Can we get Dialled Bikes race jerseys as well?

Yep, the Support Team is open to anyone who buys a new frame this year.  And if they do nationals they get a chance to get a 100% refund of what they paid for the frame.

I'll see what I can do about the jerseys.  As I just lost the team's only financial sponsor, I just had to shell out on a new design jersey for this season for the whole team (about 36 jerseys in total), so I only ordered enough for the team.  However, if there's enough demand, I don't mind ordering a second run for Support riders.

Alternatively, I don't mind people using the dialled bikes logo on their own race jersey.

Mike

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 03:34 PM »
Does that mean no more relentless then?

moomin

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 04:24 PM »
Mike,

You just keep giving and giving back to BMX, thats a cracking line up and i'm sure they'll bring the trophies n plates home that Dialled Bikes deserves :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 06:01 PM »
Good luck for 2009 Mike and all the Dialled bikes team.  :4_17_5:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 06:05 PM »
great stuff mike a great lineup and strive on to the top spot , all the best  .

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 06:07 PM »
Does that mean no more relentless then?

Nope.  No more free Relentless at races this season.  Sorry.

magna13

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 06:12 PM »
 :4_17_5:

chippy

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 06:27 PM »
Top job Mike , I'll be signing up for the support team even if I only do a couple of nationals this year ( regardless of my placings !!!), and if your looking for a head count for the next batch of jerseys count me in I would be proud to wear a dialled shirt !! good luck this year mate .

dialledbikes

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 07:11 PM »
Mike,

You just keep giving and giving back to BMX, thats a cracking line up and i'm sure they'll bring the trophies n plates home that Dialled Bikes deserves :daumenhoch:

Cheers Nik.  It's not much, but I try my best to help a few people out.

The people who deserve all the credit are the ones who run the clubs, make sure races happen, and give up their precious time to train the kids and promote BMX.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 07:32 PM »
Needless to say if you do make another batch I'd wear one with pride.  :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 07:39 PM »
Mike next time we meet up, Hayes perhaps, lets have a chat and see if Rad can do something with you with regards to the support team  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Twatty

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 10:10 PM »
As I have read on here Red Bull dont actually put any or much cash into the sport as such, (please correct me if im wrong), yet as its Red Bull, get the prime spot at Nationals, and the only televised event of the year. I think Relentless pulling out is really sad, as they gave backing to your team, and tried to create a true presence in the sport.

Things like that keep happening and we will never get the development or backing this sport needs/deserves...

Matt.

hudu

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 10:19 PM »
Nice one Mike.

Might even do some racing on mine then.

Have they come to a gents agreement on clips yet? Let me know when they have.  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 06:02 AM »
Have they come to a gents agreement on clips yet?

I think the agreement is now - clips, full lycra bodysuits and three-speed hubs.  You'll fit like a glove Phil!!   ;) Just ride and enjoy and forget the politics.  Re Red Bull mentioned earlier, I was under the impression that they would not be supporting the Nationals.  Are Relentless out of BMX racing altogether or just the Dialled connection??  Humps

dialledbikes

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 08:27 AM »
Mike next time we meet up, Hayes perhaps, lets have a chat and see if Rad can do something with you with regards to the support team  :daumenhoch:

Cheers Bill, will do  :daumenhoch:

Are Relentless out of BMX racing altogether or just the Dialled connection??  Humps

Roger at BCF is still awaiting a decision regarding the national series, so maybe they pulled out of sponsoring a team so they could sponsor the series.  Which would be a bit odd as they sponsored the series in 2007 but pulled out in 2008 so they could sponsor a team  :D

I think the problem is that Coca-Cola have appointed an agency to market/promote Relentless and George Roth (who races BMX and 4X) was my contact there, and he left the company 2 weeks ago (but he said our sponsorship was 90% guaranteed).  Now he's gone, he's probably been replaced by someone who probably doesn't even know what BMX racing is.

From a personal/selfish point of view, I'm not that disappointed as it means my team is 100% independent again and it goes back to just Dialled Bikes name being on the results sheets.  But I'm disappointed for my riders as I thought they promoted Relentless really well last season (2 x national champions, 2 x Brits 02, and other top 5 national/Brits rankings) and I also think as a team we raised Relentless' profile as well as looked slick on the track.  What money I got from Relentless was divided amongst the team and handed out at the start of the season to cover some of their expenses, so I'm disappointed they won't get that income this season (unless I can sell most of the new BMX frames, so I can use that money to make up the shortfall from the lack of sponsorship money).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:33 AM by mike@dialledbikes »

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 09:02 PM »
.......But I'm disappointed for my riders as I thought they promoted Relentless really well last season...

Well call me an old git and not "down with the kids" but I'd never heard of Relentless until I went to my first National in 23 years (as a spectator) at Burnham last July and saw the Dialled Relentless Team..... Tried it and loved it...  proof that advertising does work i suppose.  :daumenhoch:

Good luck with the team this year Mike.  :daumenhoch:

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 09:23 PM »
wow , a Rad / Dialled bikes tie in would be awesome!
Ive just ordered my cruiser from Mike, so im so excited. Mike is EXACTLY what bmx is all about - he's a true BMX hero.

dialledbikes

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 09:24 AM »
Stop it Steve, you'll make me blush  :-[

My work here is not yet done.

I think what would be a great idea if a RAD/Dialled Bikes collaboration was to emanate is a team made up of RAD members kids.  With Bill as team captain  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 09:25 AM by mike@dialledbikes »

thecrooch

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 10:04 AM »
Congrats on the line up Mike.... and thanks for everything you have done this year to get me the frame I wanted... fitted all the stickers last night and im really really chuffed with it...

Ill take a jersey as well if you decide to run another batch...  presuming you are dropping the brown now as no relentless tie in..  what colour have you gone for?

dialledbikes

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 10:10 AM »
Got your forks now Si, so will bring to Daggers on Sunday.  I'm not well enough to race this weekend, but will be popping along to watch and bring you and Alan your stuff.

This seasons colours are white body, red shoulders black sleeves.  Pretty basic but Relentless pulled out so late it really dicked my planning for this season up.

dialledbikes

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 10:16 AM »
.......But I'm disappointed for my riders as I thought they promoted Relentless really well last season...

Well call me an old git and not "down with the kids" but I'd never heard of Relentless until I went to my first National in 23 years (as a spectator) at Burnham last July and saw the Dialled Relentless Team..... Tried it and loved it...  proof that advertising does work i suppose.  :daumenhoch:

Good luck with the team this year Mike.  :daumenhoch:

Just noticed this.  Cheers dude.  Thanks for noticing the team and proving that, yes, good promotion does work.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Dialled Bikes Factory Team 2009

gfxgfx
gfx gfx