gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 06:44 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  40+ cruiser.south meets??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 40+ cruiser.south meets??  (Read 3402 times)

SEARLE

40+ cruiser.south meets??
« on: January 28, 2009, 03:30 PM »
any one know the dates for the south region for 40+ cruiser.? missed hayes and peckam!!  :'(

dialledbikes

Re: 40+ cruiser.south meets??
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 03:38 PM »
Next 3 meetings in the South are:

Sunday 8th Feb - Dagenham
Sunday 15th Feb - Hayes
Sunday 15th March - Andover (venue to be confirmed as Andover track is currently being rebuilt)

mr.magoo

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 03:44 PM »
1st Feb Hernebay  :4_17_5: forgot that one Mike....probs do cruiser myself at this one :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 03:48 PM »
Hoping to get to Herne Bay this Sunday. ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 11:02 PM »
To be honest, didn't know about the Herne Bay meet, but I'm gonna be away this weekend anyway.

spillers#1

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 05:39 AM »
Yep hernebay this weekend.hopefully a good cruiser turnout

Offline ruff n tuff

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 04:48 PM »
Any news on the Herne Bay meet?  I popped along with the family and it was seriously cold!!!  We stayed for approximately 5 minutes and then went round to my parents for a warm room and a cold beer!

mr.magoo

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 06:23 PM »
1. Lil Humps
2. Mr Magoo
3. Big Kev 40

Wolfy dropped out of final, Jason Harvey lead 1st quarter, then pulled up, i took lead....ran out of steam after last corner and little humps' steam train came a rattlin by ;D

Offline ruff n tuff

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 07:59 PM »
I think for us old'uns they should put a rest stop half way round serving refreshments!  That is one long track!  I'd love to have a go but am a tinsey bit embarrassed about hauling my 17 stones around the track!

mr.magoo

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 08:11 PM »
nothing to be embarrassed about.....if your worried about pace of racing, get an old school ride, join in the fun  :daumenhoch:

its about fun, fitness and scratching that itch that never went back in the 80's :2funny:

wait till Hersden series starts up in spring, perfect starting place...love it  :smitten:

Offline ruff n tuff

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Ok... I have an 84 Raleigh Super Tuff that I could use.. what safety kit 'should' I get?

mr.magoo

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 09:07 PM »
very least...full face lid, available on the bay for £30 upwards..(apex full face down hill mtb lid) ...gloves, again ebay (wildcat moto - soyco gloves very reasonable), long sleeves and trousers....depending how much you fall, body armour and knee pads available from chain reaction cycles......

good luck, you'll need .... once the missus threatens to divorce you (she'll become a BMX widow). :LolLolLolLol:

and we wanna see pics of the bike :daumenhoch:

big kev 40

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 09:31 PM »
hersden the best place to return    short sweet and go fast lucky track     :)

Offline ruff n tuff

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 11:39 AM »
Found a Diamondback full face (new) for £11 plus postage - any good?

Hopefully this works: 

My Stripped Super Tuff!

Offline ruff n tuff

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 11:41 AM »
Should have mentioned, I probably don't need body armour due to the way my body has managed to distribute the extra 5 stones of padding  ;D

dialledbikes

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 12:19 PM »
I think for us old'uns they should put a rest stop half way round serving refreshments!  That is one long track!  I'd love to have a go but am a tinsey bit embarrassed about hauling my 17 stones around the track!

You'll probably see a lot of that weight drop off fairly quickly once you start riding regularly.

mr.magoo

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 02:29 PM »
i am not a burner lover, but i do love shiney chrome..thats looking like a good starting point for you...

helmets depend largely on how often you reckon you'll land on yer head.....see i have a cheap helmet, when i know i really need a carbon fibre one, cos i don't think i'll fall off often.......but i do :LolLolLolLol:

Offline ruff n tuff

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 07:09 PM »
Only 38 at the moment... so couldn't join you in the 40+ races (unless it is 40+ stones!!!)  I always wanted a MK2 ultra burner when I was younger, but got 'stuck' with a really well specced Tange bike which I can only appreciate now (and now that I haven't got it)

But now I am thinking.... 24" cruiser?  I may not look quite such a plum on something a little bigger!

mr.magoo

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 08:41 PM »
Doh...you caught me out....i shouldn't be in this thread, only 38 too!

mr.magoo

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 09:18 PM »
my advise would be to get out on the burner....as no extra cost involved at this point...race old school...its a bit slower and not so competitive, work on weight loss, which will come just through riding, and fitness....once you feel you reached the right point, try a cruiser or two at a track. Then you get a chance to make an informed choice.....if you get to a meeting that i am at before 11.3.9 you are welcome to have a try on either my Haro cruiser or my Hyper old school, but after that  i wont have any need to take my bikes along for a few months, cos i wont be able to ride them post op :'(

no now i am getting pi55ed, just realised only races i know of before are Daggers and Hayes....anyone know of any other races before 11th March that are not too far away....have to over indulge while i can, cos gonna be getting hungry after that :LolLolLolLol:

tony williams

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 10:04 PM »
ruff and tuff if your about there is a few of meeting on 11th march at hersden for a little radness im like u i havent raced for years just getting back in to it dont worry about being over weight you will fit in with ,yself and kev no probs be good to see anyone there new or old school

Offline ruff n tuff

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 11:12 PM »
Sounds like a plan guys!  I'll check the calender and head for Hersden on the 11th March.  I may try and get round the Herne Bay track early evening sometime!

KGB Matt

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 06:27 AM »
Sounds like a plan guys!  I'll check the calender and head for Hersden on the 11th March.  I may try and get round the Herne Bay track early evening sometime!

Come along to daggers on sunday.

matt

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  40+ cruiser.south meets??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx