gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975653 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 07, 2024, 06:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  metal burma - updated (again)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: metal burma - updated (again)  (Read 1444 times)

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
metal burma - updated (again)
« on: January 21, 2009, 12:10 PM »
after building up the budget hoffman, found a metal burma frame going cheap, and some larger bars.  Just needs a nicer chainring, decent stem and a smaller chain tug and a new rear rim

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:02 PM by gavprimo »

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Re: metal burma
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 01:24 PM »
Nice dude!

We have some quality Shadow Rota rims cheap in the sale and Macneil stems for half price (£29.99)

:daumenhoch:

nasty nick

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 01:56 PM »
looks good dg seat angle ouch
you need to ride this one
 :)

chromeOrange

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 10:04 PM »
Always liked the Burma mate. Should make a great rider...  :daumenhoch:

Mark.

xchainxofxstrengthx

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 11:26 PM »
Vey nice Burma frame  :smitten: mmm......metal :buck2:

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 08:50 PM »
cheers, likin' your metal seat on the zebra.  the pivotal metal seat is nice, but is £30 ouch!

xchainxofxstrengthx

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 12:35 PM »
Yea but worth it, mine was actualy £23.00, i got metal grips too  :smitten:
Its all in keeping with my favourite company, riders..... dont you know the zebra thing came from Sean Burns?

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 02:51 PM »
ah right, I was watching faded glory on their website last night, I'd like to track down some of the metal bar ends and a set of the neon pink bars, but that will have to wait until I have th dosh and the time

xchainxofxstrengthx

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 08:33 PM »
Metal bar ends? Your have to get behind me in the que, i have asked the man himself (jimmy) but there seems to be none around anymore  :(

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 04:46 PM »
hey lola

http://dansbmx.co.uk/index.php'main_page=product_info&products_id=588 doesn't say they're out of stock or anything

I'm getting some next month if they have any left - spent too much this month

xchainxofxstrengthx

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 09:59 PM »
ordering at midnight when my money goes in  :) beat you to it!
Nice find xo

xchainxofxstrengthx

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 01:26 PM »
Interesting i have just called up DANSBMX and asked about the Metal bar ends and they said you cant get them cause they have gone bankcrupt?
I said what Metalbikes, they said yes!
I am very much doubting this, unless there is something i dont know?
Anyone?

???

username

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 02:26 PM »
Interesting i have just called up DANSBMX and asked about the Metal bar ends and they said you cant get them cause they have gone bankcrupt?
I said what Metalbikes, they said yes!
I am very much doubting this, unless there is something i dont know?
Anyone?

???

Not bankrupt but they stopped having S&M make their stuff and have some sort of deal going with WTP & Taiwan.

xchainxofxstrengthx

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 03:58 PM »
Explains......thank you. They need to update their website. Plus women didnt know much.  ::)

username

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 04:05 PM »
Doesn't explain the bankruptcy comment though, ring them back and tell 'em they are are a bunch of tossers!

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 04:06 PM »
I read an interview with JL about their stuff being made by wtp, apparently S&M are concentrating on making stuff for Fit and metal are based on the opposite coast of the USA so it was a natural parting...

Anyway, I've got some newer cranks from my bessie mate nasty nick, some snafu sushi bars that are a bit worn but just the right size for me and then I got an excellent chainring from Rob (Rarman). 

AND I don't know how many they have, but I just got a GSport homer rear hub from winstanleys for £14.99  :D, and will be building up some shiny all silver wheels next month (like dingo's neal wood)

xchainxofxstrengthx

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 06:26 PM »
very nice xo

mamadirt

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 06:51 PM »
Metal bar ends? Your have to get behind me in the que, i have asked the man himself (jimmy) but there seems to be none around anymore  :(

The Ace of Spades ones?  I'm sure I saw them somewhere recently while searching for stuff for my new build.  I'll have a look through my history . . . it may take some time  ;)

Edit:  Found it - Hardcore Hobbies (top shop) but they're out of stock :( - sorry I could've sworn I'd seen them somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 06:55 PM by mamadirt »

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: metal burma - updated (again)
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 04:21 PM »
had been looking at stems as something that wil need changing, and decided to experiment on stripping the boring black no name that I kept from the hoffman, tried nitromorsing it but nothing happened, though I was pretty sure that a cheap standard stem wouldn't be anodised and it looks like paint.  Stuck it in a bag of oven pride for 10 minutes and was very surprised to see shiny ali, which then polished up to a mirror finish - result and now I don't want to buy a new one.  did the top of my macneil post aswell

now, do I raw my bars?? :-\

xchainxofxstrengthx

Re: metal burma - updated (again)
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 07:37 PM »
It looks super nice  :buck2:

xo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  metal burma - updated (again)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx