gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 11:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  for Pete- Woodward last weekend.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: for Pete- Woodward last weekend.  (Read 2262 times)

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
for Pete- Woodward last weekend.
« on: January 21, 2009, 07:01 AM »
 sorry it took me so long to get these up. I wasn't feeling the best on Sunday, and knackered on Mon, so went to bed early.

Anyway, managed to wangle myself an invite to Ron W's 43rd Birthday party at Woodward last weekend. It didn't start off too well. I only got word on Friday night that I had the green light to go, so tried to get an early night for the journey on the Saturday morning. My daughter kept me up and I only got 2 hours sleep. I woke up at 5.45am to violent diarrhea and managed 6 trips to the bog before I even left home at 6.30am
I was dreading the 5 hour car trip to woodward, and yes it was as bad as I expected. I actually shat myself at a petrol station 30 mins after I set off-  Then managed to rip my boxers as I attempted to clean up the mess. All this before 8am
I had to stop at every service station on the way to woodward and waddle into the bogs.
Anyway  made it to woodward at lunchtime. Got my bike out for a play around the outdoor concrete park. There was only  with 4 other riders at that time messing about -two  of which were Mike Dominguez and Brian Blyther so got to ride with them. That was cool.

Later on, a few other names that turned up, Dave Nourie, Dave Voelker, Xavier mendez, Simon Tabron, Maurice Meyer, Row W and loads of others I didn’t know the names of.

Meanwhile I was feeling like shit. I must have been dehydrayted. At the slightest attempt at anything physical I felt like I was going to faint  and puke and started to sweat and shake. I had to lie down. what a bummer. of all the days to be ill.. :(

Simon Tabron  was blasting the half pipe with Ron.  I left at 7pm, but most people were staying overnight. After I left, Hoffman turned up, Simon did a 900 and Ron was hitting 11 feet of air. madness.

I should have taken more photos, but you know what its like when you have your bike.. there was a whole outdoor park and outdoor trails and half pipe.  As well as the indoor hanger.  What an amazing place. It must be heaven being 14 years old, and left here for a week lodging without parents :P

Here's a few photos .  I should get hold of some more piccies from the other lads and I'll post them also with a video i'm trying to upload..
Ross

Ron W

Simon

"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

sweetbeats

Re: for Pete- Woodward last weekend.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 09:19 AM »
 :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Cool Pics Fella  ;)

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 09:28 AM »

A friend of mine went to the party. Here is one of the photos he took

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 10:16 AM »
Oh to ride that place  :smitten:

Looks like an awesome time! Ron's hitting it big, nice one! Simon T hitting it big too!

I hope you're feeling a bit better Ross.  :daumenhoch:

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 10:27 AM »
Cool   :daumenhoch:

Happy Birthday Ron!

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 04:15 PM »

good work super sleuth, shame about the pooey pants tho  ;D

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 01:26 AM »
WOW!!!!

someones a lucky bugger,anyone know what t'shirt mike d's wearing?????????

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 07:27 AM »
What a party 8) ............great pics,thanks.

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 08:47 AM »
anyone know what t'shirt mike d's wearing?????????

Its an S&M shirt. Thats the second time Ive seen a photo of Mike D in an S&M Shirt. The boy has always had style  :daumenhoch:

andy619

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 03:09 PM »
Sweet pics Ross, I heard Voelker rode with his leg still in a cast.  I'm going to Woodward in March for an old school reunion with Lee.  I can't wait to see the place in person.

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 06:37 PM »
anyone know what t'shirt mike d's wearing?????????

Its an S&M shirt. Thats the second time Ive seen a photo of Mike D in an S&M Shirt. The boy has always had style  :daumenhoch:

cheers alex,them t's look cool as fcuk,time to check the internet

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 07:16 PM »
yeah Voelker rode with his leg in acast. he still a managed a wall ride over blyther and Dominguez who were standing underneath. Somebody got a photo of it -

yeah that is a cool shirt of Mike's.

Here's some video I shot.mainly of Simon's runs.  Not great, but I've no time to polish it ..

Guillotte

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 04:27 AM »
Wow...Great stuff!

Offline Maurice Meyer

• BMX Legend
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 07:33 AM »
Nice vid Ross.  Thanks for posting that.  Simon was destroying that vert ramp!  At one point, Ron got everyone up on the deck for a photo of him hitting 10 feet.  It took a few runs with a lot of 9' shots in between to get there but he eventually hit 11.  Simon and Ron alternated for about 20 minutes while everyone waited up there.  We started referring to Simon as "the fluffer."  After a few of those drifting alley-oop 540's and some wicked high 900's we were well fluffed.  Simon is an animal!  By the way: the guy at the end 360'ing the box is Dave Nourie.

That was me with with tuffs following the boy around.  A lot of what my time was about but it was cool.  He didn't even know how lucky he was.  Not being at Woodward.  Not being on top of the Deck with Simon and Ron blasting overhead.  Not even when he got some 1 on 1 instruction with Mike D outside.  I kept trying to tell him how serious all these guys are and he's just like "cool."  I'm afraid he's getting too used to it.  Started wondering if he's going to get into BMX and maybe when he grows up and there is a BMX hall of fame he'll be like "that guy Ron who was goofing around crunching my corn chips at the Mexican Restaurant was that good?"  Funny what a difference perspective makes.

I was kinda proud of the boy though.  He took some drops that are bigger than he's ever done and when we went outside and I told him he should hang back while the big guys ride, he was like "no pops, I want to ride."  That's the spirit my boy!  After a little help from Mike he rolled in down one of the humps and started pedaling hard into some carves.  Now it's on pops here to get the training wheels off.

Man, what a great time.  The jam in March is going to be epic.

Offline Maurice Meyer

• BMX Legend
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 04:11 AM »
Photos by Dennis Dowling.  Enjoy!

http://bmxweb.com/rw43/

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 03:41 PM »
What a dream park, and a dream line up, fantastic shots Ross  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

bmxer4ever

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 07:13 PM »
Another great day/event!
What with Andys birthday bash get togethers, Mike D's birthday bash, and now Rons, SoCal is once again, the place to be!
Great Stuff!

G

lodge

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 09:08 AM »
What an awesome thread Ross cant believe I have just found it, woodard would be such an experience on its own but with that rider line up :smitten:
A mate and I planned to go to woodward for a week in 97 but I injured myself and was out of action for a year so we never got to go such a regret.
Ron W getting that high is incredible I'm thinking that could be higher than he went bitd.

Anyway thanks for sharing the experience.

P.S. I'm surprised Bestwick didn't show up, mebbies just as well as it would have been too much and you might have shat youself again   :2funny:   (hope your feeling better)

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 07:51 PM »
What an awesome thread Ross cant believe I have just found it, woodard would be such an experience on its own but with that rider line up :smitten:
A mate and I planned to go to woodward for a week in 97 but I injured myself and was out of action for a year so we never got to go such a regret.
Ron W getting that high is incredible I'm thinking that could be higher than he went bitd.

Anyway thanks for sharing the experience.

P.S. I'm surprised Bestwick didn't show up, mebbies just as well as it would have been too much and you might have shat youself again   :2funny:   (hope your feeling better)

steve

yes, he' was getting 11ft air. He 's 43 and still pushes himself.  A real inspiration.
 Needless to say, it was also a pleasure riding with Blyther and Dominguez early in the day. shitty pants or not. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 09:05 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:

magna13

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 10:03 PM »
 :4_17_5:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 08:17 PM »
Great pics & Vid Ross  :daumenhoch:

Some legends together .

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 05:29 PM »
Great pics & Vid Ross  :daumenhoch:

Some legends together .

I know...I bet Mike D and them were made up to ride with Ross  >:D

Sorry dude, I'm only jealous!

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Ramp Rat

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 12:34 AM »
wow - brilliant shots - That Simon is a monster - unreal - the photo's by Dennis Dowling with Simon doing lookback where's he backwards from the ramp - I don't get it, looks amazing. And Ron is going nuts too - 43 and going bigger then he did bitd - he's back! This is inspiring stuff. Time to take my goose down the local ramp. Great stuff!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 12:10 PM »
wow - brilliant shots - That Simon is a monster - unreal - the photo's by Dennis Dowling with Simon doing lookback where's he backwards from the ramp - I don't get it, looks amazing. And Ron is going nuts too - 43 and going bigger then he did bitd - he's back! This is inspiring stuff. Time to take my goose down the local ramp. Great stuff!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  for Pete- Woodward last weekend.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx