gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 10:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  What tool needed to remove Sugino 400 Flight crank?? pic included
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What tool needed to remove Sugino 400 Flight crank?? pic included  (Read 724 times)

chichi

Someone please help,

I would like to remove my 180mm Sugino 400s. But i am unsure of which tool and the price for it?
Once they have been removed and cleaned up they will be going up for sale.

They are fitted onto a square edged spindle with threads each end and nut to hold the arms on tight, pic included

Cheers all,
CHICHI  :daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: What tool needed to remove Sugino 400 Flight crank?? pic included
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 04:58 PM »
You will need a crank removal tool, most bike shops should have one, they are the same as the ones on road bikes before these hollow Spindles came out.

Iv got one if you need a pic  :daumenhoch:

chichi

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 05:01 PM »
You will need a crank removal tool, most bike shops should have one, they are the same as the ones on road bikes before these hollow Spindles came out.

Iv got one if you need a pic  :daumenhoch:

Yeah if you could send me a pic that will cool, lookin on line and don't know which one? What are the normal prices?
Cheers,
chichi . Thanks

Frosty

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 12:36 PM »
loads of variants with and without handles, but this is the type of thing you are after

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 12:41 PM »
It looks like your spindle has a male thead on it, and its held on with nuts. There was also one that has a female thead on the spindle and it used bolts. Make sure the tool you get is sutable* for male threaded spindles, as some of them wont fit.

*the "pushing" part of the tool needs to be able to screw back enough to alow the spindle to go up inside the outer part of the tool. Some only wind out flush with the outer thead part (I hope that made sence)

chichi

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 05:11 PM »
Thanks frosty, thanks for the pic.
Cheers S&MAlex. ya a star. it made sense to me.

Thanks all...  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  What tool needed to remove Sugino 400 Flight crank?? pic included

gfxgfx
gfx gfx