gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 06:56 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  **RACERS PLEASE READ** INPUT REQUIRED FOR THE BRITS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: **RACERS PLEASE READ** INPUT REQUIRED FOR THE BRITS  (Read 6514 times)

dan-dare

Re: **RACERS PLEASE READ** INPUT REQUIRED FOR THE BRITS
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 11:22 PM »
Mid school is where it's at. :(

dan-dare

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 11:26 PM »
Sorry, I meant to say Mid to New. :-\

Clear as mud.

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 11:59 PM »
only just seen this thread.
i have done my 5 regional races at 30-39 cruiser so am qualified to do the brits.
now in our mids region there is maybe 1 or 2 others who could race os but they are racing ns so they can race brits in that cattorgory,can i still race os even though i have done enough races or have i got to do some rounds on an os bike?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 12:05 AM by bmxmatt1974 »

dan-dare

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 12:21 AM »
or have i got to do some rounds on an os bike?

What is an 'os bike'?? :-[

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2009, 04:42 AM »
Somebody please explain to me what a "Sandbagger" is, I'm such a n00b  :-[ :P ??? :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2009, 04:53 AM »
 :) Keep the sandbaggers out,it just pisses off the true OS Series racers who have made the effort.Technically they may have eligible but have an unfair advantage.Not made up my mind on the bikes,sticking with 1" threaded headset/caliper brake format,no"reissue" frames/bikes...

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2009, 10:33 AM »
Somebody please explain to me what a "Sandbagger" is, I'm such a n00b  :-[ :P ??? :daumenhoch:

basically someone who races a different class (n/s) and enters the o/s for an easier ride n win

option 2 should be the absolute minimum, i'm not racin the brits as its a canny hike this year but would be dissapointed if someone who aint put the leg work into o/s was racing the o/s at the brits.

any other races don't bother me as such as the more the merrier for me and its usually the peeps who raced o/s initially n moved on n just fancy blast in the past, which is cool, its good to be kept on your toes  :daumenhoch: and it doesn't really affect the tables over all, but the brits should be an culmination of all genuine o/s series riders pitted against each other, otherwise, whats the point? (and what exactly do the "sandbaggers" get out of this if they win? its a pretty empty victory if ya ask me)  the rules could never be too strict in regards to o/s attendance to qualify for the brits o/s IMO.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 10:40 AM by OrgasmDonor »

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 11:22 AM »
Now that the OS  is recognised as a regional class then it conforms to the same rules as all the other classes, if you do your 5 regionals then you can enter as many classes as you want at the Brits, and that goes for everybody  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

bof

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 11:40 AM »
I can see Jai is eyeing up an 01 plate  ;)

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 12:32 PM »
Contenders.......

Bof
Jai
Greg (badbmx dude)
Scott Davidson
Either of the Archibald's
Big Plinky

proclass35

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 09:03 PM »
Bleating on about 'sandbaggers' just devalues the OS class. It's a clique-ish term to describe anyone with more ability than yourself, and it's a bit like saying you have to be crap to race old bikes....and thats not the case, because there are talented riders are in the OS class, and a lot more would want to get involved if it wasn't for silly finger-pointing like this. A lot of riders in the OS series never raced back in the 80's, yet would seem happy to deny a place on the gate to riders who have supported the sport since year dot. The more the merrier I say.

dan-dare

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 09:08 PM »
What a load of absolute shite. You know who you are, you pricks. :daumenhoch:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2009, 09:10 PM »
S T E L L A

:-* :-* :-*

dan-dare

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2009, 09:12 PM »
S T E L L A

:-* :-* :-*

Stella pricks. :daumenhoch:

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2009, 09:38 PM »

not me mate im up for the 40+ title  :daumenhoch:  oh and MK09  :daumenhoch:

bof

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2009, 10:05 PM »

not me mate im up for the 40+ title  :daumenhoch:  oh and MK09  :daumenhoch:

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

moley

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 06:21 PM »
Bleating on about 'sandbaggers' just devalues the OS class. It's a clique-ish term to describe anyone with more ability than yourself, and it's a bit like saying you have to be crap to race old bikes....and thats not the case, because there are talented riders are in the OS class, and a lot more would want to get involved if it wasn't for silly finger-pointing like this. A lot of riders in the OS series never raced back in the 80's, yet would seem happy to deny a place on the gate to riders who have supported the sport since year dot. The more the merrier I say.

I agree  :daumenhoch:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2009, 12:02 AM »
When Alan Woods started oldschool races at the beginning of the decade I thought it was great that I might get to line up on the gate alongside my childhood heroes like Alan himself, Terry Lloyd, and maybe the like of Craig Schofield, Tony Slater etc.  It's a shame we don't see them anymore, taking part in the oldschool races.  Maybe they think we'll accuse them of sandbagging, which is a real shame in my opinion, if that's the case.

Bearing in mind what happened a couple of years ago in the cruiser classes, maybe we should add rules about no gears and no suspension, so we don't get some tosser who has never raced any regionals turning up on an oldschool mountainbike  :2gunsfiring_v1:

moley

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2009, 01:22 AM »
In the Northern Region, I think its generally accepted that OS is 20/24" BMX (unmodified) 1" Threaded Headset and forks and a Caliper mounted brake.  Single gear only and no suspension.

Although if BigPlinky turned up with his browning to a Northern Regional then I wouldn't object as I'd like to see it in action.  The same with some 1" Threaded Answer Pro Forx but only as a one-off spectacle.

OS isn't Suspension or gears and should never be.   Gears never took off BITD and suspension is definitely Mid School even if they did do some 1" forks.

The same goes for someone who finds some obscure clipless pedals from 1985 etc, etc. 

The longer TT frames are fine if they adhere to the 1" HS and brake rules but everyone has a duty to keep the playing field level. 

I dont care about sandbaggers.  Everyone is welcome..............so long as their ride is within the rules!!

Thats what I think!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2009, 09:01 AM »
i can honestly say sussy forx are no advantage, front wheel drift in the berms and fallin sideways on the gate  ::) ;D as for "sandbaggers" there aint an issue with the regular races IMO as all/more are welcome, i just feel the brits should represent a true indication of regular o/s racers :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 10:25 AM »
..............there aint an issue with the regular races IMO as all/more are welcome, i just feel the brits should represent a true indication of regular o/s racers :daumenhoch:

:daumenhoch:

daz22

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 10:23 PM »
Let em all race..... i dont care where me or anyone finishes!!! i'm just having a laugh and it would be an empty victory for a top class racer to jump on an o/s bike for the brits just to win a trophy... we have to believe in the honesty of others, were the same as any other class (maybe a little better) and if you qualify race what you want.
I dont know which final it was on sunday at leeds in o/s but the 2 lads leading were laughing and joking round the last bend onto the home straight with the guy commentating...... thats o/s at its best. just getting stuck in and what will be will be.......

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 10:28 PM »
WAT THE HELL

I MIGHT DO 2 CLASSES

40+ CRUISER

AND OLD SCHOOL

FOOKIN LAFF AT ME AT THE BACK OF CRUISERS HA HA HA

RUSS

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 10:37 PM »
WAT THE HELL

I MIGHT DO 2 CLASSES

40+ CRUISER

AND OLD SCHOOL

FOOKIN LAFF AT ME AT THE BACK OF CRUISERS HA HA HA

RUSS

...and at the back of the oldschool aswell  ;D

Keep up the good work Russ.

;)
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 10:40 PM »
 :-* :-*

LOVE YA BRENN :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  **RACERS PLEASE READ** INPUT REQUIRED FOR THE BRITS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx