gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 07:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Big Ouch
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Big Ouch  (Read 2552 times)

moomin

Big Ouch
« on: January 19, 2009, 04:44 PM »
Just saw this on talk  :shocked:

Not nice  :'(  Looks like he was wearing Clips, how young  :shocked: :wtf:

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Big Ouch
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 04:54 PM »
nice headspin in the 2nd pic  :-\

moley

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 04:57 PM »
Nasty!!!!!!!  :(

DONNY R

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 05:05 PM »
Fook me his hands under the gate :shocked:

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 05:16 PM »
poor lil fella

that must of hurt something bad  :(
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 05:29 PM »
Clips + kids = wrong

I'm glad kids can't use them here.

Ruin's their knees as well.

hooga1975

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 06:19 PM »
fooking hell, that is nasty.  Do you know if the little fella is ok??

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 06:49 PM »
Fook me that must have hurt the little fellow, but I don`t think clips had anything to do with it, it looks like he`s just gone to early  :(
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

moomin

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 06:53 PM »
poor little fekker probs had broken wrist at the least  :shocked: check the cleats on his shoes, tried checkin bikes pic but cant tell either way  :-\

magna13

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 09:24 PM »
I'm glad i dont wear clips... :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

thecrooch

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 09:46 PM »
sorry but how does wearing clips make you jump the gate...  he's gone early and massively at that.... once you go over balance wearing clips or flats wont make a blind bit of difference.

if they are clips and they look like they are he's unclipped and not dragged his bike with him....   

still not nice... have busted a finger last year and there isnt anything good about it.

dialledbikes

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 09:56 PM »
He is on clips but doesn't seem to be attached to the bike in either pic, so can't blame the clips really.

Those gates that drop into the floor are obviously way safer than ones that just drop.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 08:14 PM »
I wore clips on my mountain bike and didn't once have the bike come with me in a crash, of which there wre many. If they're adjusted correctly it's not a problem.

Much more efficent for racing and really don't understand why there's so much hoo haa over them. Roadies never complained about them when they were introduced to road racing and mountain bikers didn't complain either. Get over it their better so either go with the flow or don't.

thecrooch

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 08:41 PM »
I wore clips on my mountain bike and didn't once have the bike come with me in a crash, of which there wre many. If they're adjusted correctly it's not a problem.

Much more efficent for racing and really don't understand why there's so much hoo haa over them. Roadies never complained about them when they were introduced to road racing and mountain bikers didn't complain either. Get over it their better so either go with the flow or don't.

totally agree zips - i often go over the bars and they always rip out easily.   on an old school bike they are a defo no no - but ill try them on the cruiser especially if it makes me faster!!!

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 09:16 PM »
Whilst not wanting to turn this into a clips debate...

Accepted - the lad in the picture may have just gone early but he is young, they get panicked easily and it is fractional harder to unclip.

However...

For me the debate is not about banning clips - for me it is about learning to ride and handle a bike properly BEFORE you use clips.

If you can pull a big bunny hop or jump on flat pedals it means your technique is right - great stuff and something to build on.  If you then move to clips for racing good on yer.  You never know - I may even try them myself one day.

But my personal opinion is that you need that skill, feel and technique first.  You could argue that clips stifle that development as it makes it easier to start with.  Couple that with nackered knees if you don't set the cleats up properly and that is why I don't like them for kids (and i thinlk kids use them here in the UK?  Which I agree with).

thecrooch

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 10:36 PM »
you have to be over 9 to use them here in the uk - but totally agree with you....

dialledbikes

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 11:03 PM »
I think it's actually 13 or 14, Si, as a couple of my team riders are using them for the first time this season  :buck2:

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 06:51 AM »

But my personal opinion is that you need that skill, feel and technique first.  You could argue that clips stifle that development as it makes it easier to start with.  Couple that with nackered knees if you don't set the cleats up properly and that is why I don't like them for kids (and i thinlk kids use them here in the UK?  Which I agree with).

This will teach me to write late at night!!  What I should have said is that I think kids don't use them, which I agree with - but I think you got my drift.

Anyway - all verified with later posts.

:)

moomin

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 08:17 AM »
I completely agree with the concept of clips and their benefits but i'm with Dex, i think you need a certain level of skill before you use them, i've seen kids at Daggers who have trouble balancing on the gate normally go onto clips and falling over on the gate, bloody funny to watch but my point is master the skills before you use them and then get the full potential out of them :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 09:34 AM »
I think it's actually 13 or 14, Si, as a couple of my team riders are using them for the first time this season  :buck2:

oh ok thought i saw somewhere it was 9 - well thats even better then...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Big Ouch

gfxgfx
gfx gfx