gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Craig Campbell interview
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Craig Campbell interview  (Read 2361 times)

Guillotte

Re: Craig Campbell interview
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 06:34 PM »
Yeah he was pretty quiet. I remember riding the small half in his back garden many times with Fraser and one day Craig came out to ride. We sessioned for like half an hour and don't think we spoke more than a single word. Craig was one of my heroes.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 06:40 PM »
he needs to get his butt back on a bike ,i have heard a few odd stories ,wont share  them but the past is the past
and you cant take bmx out of a bmxer.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 06:43 PM »
Don`t forget he was only young bitd when he was riding for Haro and Skyway, so perhaps he felt a bit intimidated by the older riders, and tbh I could do an interview with shorter answers than that   :2funny:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 06:57 PM »
Its a shame that he only owns a set of cranks now, you'd of thought he would have kept one of his framests.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

sweetbeats

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 07:10 PM »
There is a interview for RAD in the pipeline...I will try and get the low down on the real craig campbell (conducted on a week day :LolLolLolLol:)...does anyone have the clip of when he was the stunt double for benny hill on the benny hill show bmx scene BITD?

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 07:26 PM »
There is a interview for RAD in the pipeline...I will try and get the low down on the real craig campbell (conducted on a week day :LolLolLolLol:)...does anyone have the clip of when he was the stunt double for benny hill on the benny hill show bmx scene BITD?

It`s on his facebook account  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

sweetbeats

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 07:32 PM »

It`s on his facebook account  :daumenhoch:

Can you paste it here be cool to see it :daumenhoch:

WizardWeb

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 02:59 PM »
Yeah he was pretty quiet. I remember riding the small half in his back garden many times with Fraser and one day Craig came out to ride. We sessioned for like half an hour and don't think we spoke more than a single word. Craig was one of my heroes.

If I hadn't been so shy myself, I might've actually been sitting next to the ramp at Craigs house and not on the kerb across the street !

evamedia

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 03:41 PM »

If I hadn't been so shy myself, I might've actually been sitting next to the ramp at Craigs house and not on the kerb across the street !

Hey, I did that when he was riding for Skyway, got to know Fraser a few years later though and got invited in.

nosher70

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2009, 06:34 PM »
in '84 to '87 rode at Gillingham a lot and have vivid memories of Fids in his DK shorts and Vans shoes-jumping from board to bike and realising EXACTLY how good he was at both!!! with Craig C aas an inspiration in ABMX or RAD as it later became known.

then, later on t'was april 1st 1994, swoon, stafford and a date in history! Craig Campbell DJing and me sharing the experience for the first time ever! (started me off raving and DJing myself to some success) and, surprisingly he was an excellent DJ!

I bought my first bike in 20 years last weekend a Ripper ltd edition y'know black and gold....... :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Craig Campbell interview

gfxgfx
gfx gfx