gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 03:44 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Beware...COPY Gen1 freestyler
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Beware...COPY Gen1 freestyler  (Read 11609 times)

retrogeezer

Re: Beware...COPY Gen1 freestyler
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2009, 07:40 AM »
Those newly built 'NOS' T/A's have the same fork dropout on both sides so are easy to spot...one of the dropouts will have the knurling and the the skyway stamp on the inside of the fork leg. They were made sometime around 2002 as I remember getting one in the shop in 03.

As for the Haro, I reckon a lot of us could quite easily have bought a fake back in the day.....none of us scrutinised our purchases with the magnifying glass we do these days. Parts were never 100% perfect back then but you didn't care. Now, if there is a mark on your NOS MX1000's you are pissed off.

Thing is, the fakes make good money too....and some of them are pretty damn good.

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2009, 07:49 AM »
im swaying to its a fake , barry seems adamant it aint ,  surely the right think for him to do is put it in his listing that the authenticity has been questioned then put his side ,then its down to the bidders then , but to just leave it as it is don't seem fair on peeps bidding on it

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2009, 09:01 AM »
im swaying to its a fake , barry seems adamant it aint ,  surely the right think for him to do is put it in his listing that the authenticity has been questioned then put his side ,then its down to the bidders then , but to just leave it as it is don't seem fair on peeps bidding on it

In my mind it is so clearly a copy !

Q-F has been on here, yet has not published the serial number, or posted additional photos, I'd say the ball is in his court to prove its real....

..and what is the rear caliper hiding ? The fact that the seatmast is too-tall, the chainstays are welded to the bottom bracket; too high, nearly right in the middle, whereas Haro welded them very low, near the bottom of the BB.

a Prototype eh !  :LolLolLolLol:  ::)

I think JAY and the like know their Haro's ! I saw Jay and Dom's Haro display at MK and would not question their viewpoint on this, so I go with FAKE !!

What does our man in the US, Dansharos think ?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:15 AM by monkeybiscuits! »
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2009, 09:07 AM »

Q-F has been on here, yet has not published the serial number, or posted additional photos, I'd say the ball is in his court to prive its real....

..and what is the rear caliper hiding ? The fact that the seatmast is too-tall, the chainstays are welded to the bottom bracket; too high, nearly right in the middle, whereas Haro welded them very low, near the bottom of the BB.

I think JAY and the like know their Haro's ! I saw Jay and Dom's Haro display at MK and would not question their viewpoint on this, so I go with FAKE !!

was just trying to be tactful about it Matt :LolLolLolLol:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2009, 09:09 AM »
My take is this, Barry was on Viewing this topic at least 3 times before he posted the Prototype malarky. If it was true then he would have been posting straight away to put it straight.

The bike is a fake wether Barry knows it or not

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2009, 09:12 AM »

Q-F has been on here, yet has not published the serial number, or posted additional photos, I'd say the ball is in his court to prive its real....

i know you were Carl  :daumenhoch: just needed to say my bit !!  :)

MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2009, 09:13 AM »
ok its a fake , the main thing is what can be done about it being sold as not , fooking someones gonna get stung and it ain t right

munners

« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2009, 09:14 AM »
Only Baz can do it.

Peer pressure. Hope he aint stubborn.

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2009, 09:18 AM »
Someone could put a fake auction on, selling a shitter as a haro, and pointing out the fact of his sale. It could work you know, i done my bit by putting a bit on my auction

JT71

« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2009, 09:24 AM »

well just when I thought I'd seen it all Carl comes out with that!  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2009, 09:28 AM »

well just when I thought I'd seen it all Carl comes out with that!  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Fook orf Churchill , aint you got a Micheal Keaton poster as Batman to drool over  :LolLolLolLol: :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2009, 09:29 AM »

Fook orf Churchill , aint you got a Micheal Keaton poster as Batman to drool over  :LolLolLolLol: :daumenhoch:

yeah, but i prefer my one of you in the PVC catwoman outfit I have.   :daumenhoch:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2009, 09:31 AM »

Hope he aint stubborn.

looking like he is though Nick

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2009, 09:33 AM »

yeah, but i prefer my one of you in the PVC catwoman outfit I have.   :daumenhoch:

Why did ya have to let that out on here Joe , I told ya at the photo shoot it was to be kept secret   :-[

shawn o

« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2009, 02:14 PM »
I placed a bid for 10,000 GBP so if someone wants to bid it up a bit have at it...

If hes gonna keep it listed then only right that it goes for some proper coin being a "prototype" and all...

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2009, 02:23 PM »
Ummmm might have a bid then  ;D

He should have pulled the auction & relist it for what it really is  >:(

moley

« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2009, 02:38 PM »
Shawn, have you got the link to the US Forum where this is being talked about?

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2009, 02:45 PM »
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2009, 02:53 PM »
Also the real deal  :daumenhoch:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190279190135&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=009

come on then own up, who asked Paul the question about monthly repayments.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol: I think it ws Russ aka Maddog, he also asked me some funnier than that that i didnt post as they were a bit to funny. Taking it dancing n shit  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2009, 02:55 PM »
never noticed that , bet that fooked him off  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2009, 03:03 PM »
Up to £4,800.00  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:  ::)

moley

« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2009, 03:04 PM »
Barry's raking in the coin!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2009, 03:08 PM »
think of those lovey fees at the end  :2funny:

mykesbykes

« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2009, 03:09 PM »
lol i emailed him asking for serial about an hour before all this blew up, funny for someone who couldnt check his email till the 19th?

wtf is that? he going to africa? or the north pole? becuase even santa has wireless...f-ing tard..

with bullshit like that I dont know how it got to 550 bucks!

its bouncing all over vintagebmx now, and Im going to post it to as many sites as I can, along with his brakes..

http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/index.php'showtopic=27025253&st=0&#entry694196

I started in on this, checking out that frame for a buddy on our site who wanted to buy it..

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Beware...COPY Gen1 freestyler

gfxgfx
gfx gfx