gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 05:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Beware...COPY Gen1 freestyler
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Beware...COPY Gen1 freestyler  (Read 11615 times)

Andy

Re: Beware...COPY Gen1 freestyler
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2009, 09:49 PM »
the seller is a conman, he came on stating when he was selling his ta that he had owned it since the 80's, thats bullsh1t and I know that for a fact, then he spouts some story regarding his gen 1 which is also shite.

I feel sorry for the people that have spoke up for him as he has led them a merry dance and for what?? is money really that important, I would rather have my integrity than a few hundred pounds.

I hope the guy is true to his word and leaves the world of os bmx as its a far better place without people like him in it,

to the seller if you want my number send me a pm and I will give it to you and I will tell you why I know your full of sh1t

tosser

« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2009, 09:58 PM »
the seller is a conman, he came on stating when he was selling his ta that he had owned it since the 80's, thats bullsh1t and I know that for a fact, then he spouts some story regarding his gen 1 which is also shite.

I feel sorry for the people that have spoke up for him as he has led them a merry dance and for what?? is money really that important, I would rather have my integrity than a few hundred pounds.

I hope the guy is true to his word and leaves the world of os bmx as its a far better place without people like him in it,

to the seller if you want my number send me a pm and I will give it to you and I will tell you why I know your full of sh1t
The best piece of sense written in this thread so far. If it smells like bullshit, its normally bullshit

dannywhiteley

« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2009, 10:05 PM »
I dont know the seller, and I dont particularly know much about haro's, but after 10 years on ebay I know a little bit about how shady auctions work.

Firstly list your item with just enough info and vauguish photos for unsuspecting buyers to take the bait.  State you are away from your computer for just enough time for the auction to end (making potential buyers bid without being able to ask questions), and finally list your auction with private bidders (so those blasted do-gooders cant mess up your evil plan).

Get all three right and you are onto a winner.

Unless someone who knows better opens up a fake ebay account in order to bid on a fake bike???

tosser

« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2009, 10:10 PM »
And people want to give him the benefit of doubt. Some still wondering wether its actually a haro. FFS its not a haro, in any shape or form. The seller knows this also, if it was some kind of rare haro this would have been mentioned on the listing.

dan-dare

« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2009, 10:15 PM »
wanna buy a Torino??

End of. :2funny:

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2009, 10:20 PM »
not sure if this has been mentioned but why cant the seller replie to emails till after the auction end   ?? .. but can float in and out of rad to read all this ??

tosser

« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2009, 10:21 PM »
And able to remove bids from ebay also.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2009, 10:23 PM »
has nobody reported it to the bay masters?
ding dong

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2009, 10:23 PM »
Shame about it all really, Dan did the do it in four door  ::)  :LolLolLolLol:

tosser

« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2009, 10:24 PM »
I cant see what ebay would do, you would have to be able to prove to them its fake. They wouldnt be able to understand the differences

dan-dare

« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2009, 10:30 PM »
Shame about it all really, Dan did the do it in four door  ::)  :LolLolLolLol:

It's OrgasmDonor's week-end car. Classy. :daumenhoch:

mightymini

« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2009, 10:48 PM »
wanna buy a Torino??

End of. :2funny:
is it 1980s nos ;D

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2009, 10:59 PM »
beware genuine gen 1's. they have more than doubled in price very quickly. that usually spells trouble for your wallet. you might get left with a frame with more negative equity than a house.
it's called the 'ripper' syndrome.
ding dong

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2009, 11:06 PM »
has stuff listed under another login now too. look out for black mx's with black quick release  ::)

would recognise that spelling anywhere :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:10 PM by kuwahero »

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2009, 11:07 PM »
I also think that if this was a 'Rare' pre-production Gen 1 built by Torker......do you not think he would have mentioned on here at some point. After all, it is and old school bmx site, but I'd hate to be picky.  ::)

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2009, 11:20 PM »
The end..........(one of the other 6 maybe?)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:56 PM by JAY »

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2009, 11:30 PM »
So whats the deal with the head tubes then? 

gossa

« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2009, 11:36 PM »
Thought I'd just chip in here, not on the authenticity of the Haro but having worked in the bike industry all my life, weird sh1t does happen.  

I rode for Revcore and had them make me a frame with tweaked geometry and double dropouts, if that ever turns up on ebay will it be labelled a fake because no-one on this site ever knew I had it made? I've been to bike factorys like GT where you'd see weird prototypes of stuff like Ttitanium Robinsons, I think they made like two of them for factory riders to try, would that be shot down as fakes because only a few pwople knew they existed? When I worked for Cannondale, i saw some crazy stuff in the R&D plant, what if some guy nicked some stuff before he left and it turns up one day?

The thing is with the net, you can google stuff and ANYTHING on it will turn up (I just did it with the titanium robinsons) so the chances of not having some trace of something is limited.

I reckon this bloke does have fake, he might not know it, but keep an open mind guys, crazy stuff happens every day.....

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2009, 11:44 PM »
i got one in the loft, so that's one more and....
 it comes with a genuine lock of bob's permed hair. here's the proof that it's genuine bob hair.
ding dong

gossa

« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2009, 11:50 PM »
I think I just sh1t myself laughing so hard at that one JT! Classic!

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2009, 07:08 AM »
Lee Shurey - I also got my Freestyler from Surrey Skates, but in '83  (I think).  It deffo had a serial number.....

there was lots of haro fakes in surrey bitd as i know where they came from ie who sold them , i should have bought one years ago as might be no 3  ;D
no1stuntmaster on instagram

munners

« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2009, 07:09 AM »
Lee Shurey - I also got my Freestyler from Surrey Skates, but in '83  (I think).  It deffo had a serial number.....

there was lots of haro fakes in surrey bitd as i know where they came from ie who sold them , i should have bought one years ago as might be no 3  ;D

Who was that Paul? Interesting.....

antiquebmx

« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2009, 07:10 AM »
i got one in the loft, so that's one more and....
 it comes with a genuine lock of bob's permed hair. here's the proof that it's genuine bob hair.

mate tyhat was funny youve just cheered up my Monday morning cheers!

on a serious note, so many people have seen this now that "someone" with a dodgy ebay account will have sniped this by now so no one gets stung wouldnt they??   ::)

that way he can relist it and put all this info in the listing

only fair eh!!    :daumenhoch:

snav69

munners

« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2009, 07:25 AM »
Reading the post on the TA i knew it was an 86 recent made one. As he stated he had it since 87 it does make me doubt the story behind the Haro which is a real shame. :'(

If there were 7 of these framesets, surely we would have known about them by now, what with all of the knowledge gained over the years.

I think that he needs to pull the listing and list it again as a possible rare frameset mentioning that Haro experts have questioned its rareity.

Alot of decent blokes are gonna have egg on their face if not Baz as they have all backed you up mate.

Do the right thing. :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Beware...COPY Gen1 freestyler

gfxgfx
gfx gfx