gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 04:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  rickman rip
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: rickman rip  (Read 1259 times)

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
rickman rip
« on: January 10, 2009, 07:37 PM »
anyone know what year they went pop? cheers
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: rickman rip
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 08:13 PM »
cmon,someone must know? :-[
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 06:07 PM »
someone?anyone? :'(
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 07:09 PM »
Not sure about when they stopped making BMX frames but their main buisiness was making off road motorbikes. They also did a kit car called the Ranger (like a Suzuki Jeep) for a while.

There is a company called Rickman still selling the motorbikes but I don't think the two brothers who started the company are still involved.

When I was riding for Yes we were possibly going to get Rickman Freestyle frames. We wern't keen as they wern't a well known brand but wish now we had got them as they were pretty well made.

Not much help really am I  ;)

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 07:38 PM »
cheers for that,at least its better than nothing at all!! your right about rickman being one of the lesser brands but if i remember rightly they werent that cheap either!
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 09:56 PM »
rickman f+f were £130 for a freestyler and the bars were £18.

my art teacher at school was married to one of the rickman brothers she was dead chuffed when i told her i had one of their bikes!

sawzall on here will tell you about them they also built mrd race and freestyle bikes.

do you have a rickman if so post a pic! :daumenhoch:

dt1969

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 07:57 AM »
Hi,
Just bought a Rickman race bike of ebay-well chuffed-as the build quality is superb. The bike is in very good nick, with original parts-Rickman  F and F, Bars, and seat post. Really good spec-Elina Lightning bolt (Bolts are worn-so will have to get new deacals), Pro Neck II stem, Araya 7x's, Tange Seat Post, Shimano DX's, DC MX1000 brak, Takagi 1 pc. Gonna restore it as it is, and have it as a survivor, with the decals as they are (little scratched and tatty).
Have seen the freestylers, but only seen one racebike in the BMXmuseum, would be interested to know a bit more about them.

DT

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 03:35 PM »
Hi,
Just bought a Rickman race bike of ebay-well chuffed-as the build quality is superb. The bike is in very good nick, with original parts-Rickman  F and F, Bars, and seat post. Really good spec-Elina Lightning bolt (Bolts are worn-so will have to get new deacals), Pro Neck II stem, Araya 7x's, Tange Seat Post, Shimano DX's, DC MX1000 brak, Takagi 1 pc. Gonna restore it as it is, and have it as a survivor, with the decals as they are (little scratched and tatty).
Have seen the freestylers, but only seen one racebike in the BMXmuseum, would be interested to know a bit more about them.

DT
the one you bought on the bay was the inspiration behind this thread!!!!and theres a set of rickman bars up for auction too at the mo.didnt know they were involved with mrd tho,shame they never reached the same iconic level as mrd,my mates got an 88 badlander,peice of poo!!but mrd race bikes are to die for!! :smitten:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 03:38 PM by markyp »
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 06:15 PM »
rickman were based in the new forest in a small town called new milton,they are still making trials bikes but are in a different location and are run by someone else who are only using the rickman name,they made all the mrd f&f sets and were also located in new milton.....
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 08:17 PM »
rickman were based in the new forest in a small town called new milton,they are still making trials bikes but are in a different location and are run by someone else who are only using the rickman name,they made all the mrd f&f sets and were also located in new milton.....
new milton is about 40 miles from me,i never new rickman were built so close,how weird!
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

munners

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 08:20 PM »
If someone knew the owners name and the name of his school teacher wife i may be able to locate them.

May unearth some NOS framesets. >:D

STUMPYLEE

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 06:50 AM »
If someone knew the owners name and the name of his school teacher wife i may be able to locate them.

May unearth some NOS framesets. >:D

I have a nos 84 rickman freestyle f/f in chrome  :smitten:

mr hoppy

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 08:00 PM »
there where two rickman brothers , i went to school with one of their sons his name was stuart rickman and our school was arnewood comprehensive you could try friends reunited

mr hoppy

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 08:02 PM »
you could also try tran am in new milton they where the overall boss of the mrd project they did have a minty mrd pro on display in the reception of their new milton wharehouse

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 08:20 PM »
you could also try tran am in new milton they where the overall boss of the mrd project they did have a minty mrd pro on display in the reception of their new milton wharehouse
you can bet someone here will be heading off down there with a big fat wad tomoz!! ;D
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

mr hoppy

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 09:30 PM »
i`m seeing one of the old boys who worked there tomorrow as he builds my daughters mx wheels i `ll see what he remembers/knows
you can bet someone here will be heading off down there with a big fat wad tomoz!! ;D

AL

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 10:08 PM »
my art teacher at school was married to one of the rickman brothers she was dead chuffed when i told her i had one of their bikes

Was your art teachers surname  name  " Simpkins  " by any chance  :coolsmiley:

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 10:52 PM »
I was into kit cars a while back and picked up a Rickman Ranger brochure. The brothers mentioned were Derek and Don Rickman.
There is a list of products that Ricman made and BMX frames are mentioned but no details are given

dt1969

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 11:23 PM »
Has anyone got a Rickman race bike/frame and forks?

Cheers DT

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 03:50 PM »
Has anyone got a Rickman race bike/frame and forks?

Cheers DT
you just missed one on the bay!
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

dt1969

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 05:09 PM »
No I did'nt! ;)

Just wanted to know how many are about.

Cheers DT

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 06:19 PM »
phoned tran am this arvo,they said they havent seen the mrd they had in the lobby for 15 years and nobody working there had been there long enough to remember or know anything about mrd,bummer!interestingly tho spoke to a good mate just now whos involved with speedway and mentioned rickman and he said he knew both bros from grasstrack and motor cross,told him to hunt em down!!!
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  rickman rip

gfxgfx
gfx gfx