gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 10:51 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old Skool South Wales
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old Skool South Wales  (Read 1197 times)

Dgh

Old Skool South Wales
« on: September 21, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Anyone around ?

daz bmx it!

Re: Old Skool South Wales
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 10:05 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

Dgh

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 10:57 PM »
Bore da (canīt spell norswaith - or maybe I can and just don't know it ;))

Where do you ride?

I had my first ride over bumps at Tredegar on Sat - found it tough. I was on my MTB (wife wants me to try it before buying a BMX). Couldn't hire a BMX - the hire bloke was away, wili try again soon, to hire a BMX and have a go on that.

welsh denny

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 05:26 PM »
don't race myself but still ride freestyle (since 1984). i'm still based in cardiff. perhaps i may know you. the bmx scene was very small and tight back in the day.

if you were around back then maybe you can remember the bombpatch, daviot street track, museum jumps, caerphilly track, cardiff ramp room, wenallt half pipe, tom martins, dragon wheels, 2 hot 4u.

Dgh

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 08:04 PM »
There's a test for the memory.

Remember daviot street (didn't ride there much), Tom Martin's (who doesn't? I got one of my bikes there, but then, who didn't?), dragon wheels (a shoolmate got his bike nicked when Eddie Fiola (I think it was) did a PA there.

Mostly used to ride with mates, around Heath Park area. The good thing about adulthood is that I don't have to convince parents to take me to a track (they wouldn't).

I very much doubt you know me. Like I say, in the 80's I had enthusiasm but didn't really get beyond racing my mates, and since then I've been living out of Cardiff until a year ago, and riding other things.

jono

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 01:48 PM »
Lived in chepstow around 82-85,went to st kingsmark school, Oh and newport lived at the light house area

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 12:55 AM »
There's a test for the memory.

Remember daviot street (didn't ride there much), Tom Martin's (who doesn't? I got one of my bikes there, but then, who didn't?), dragon wheels (a shoolmate got his bike nicked when Eddie Fiola (I think it was) did a PA there.

Mostly used to ride with mates, around Heath Park area. The good thing about adulthood is that I don't have to convince parents to take me to a track (they wouldn't).

I very much doubt you know me. Like I say, in the 80's I had enthusiasm but didn't really get beyond racing my mates, and since then I've been living out of Cardiff until a year ago, and riding other things.

I remember the trail through the woods @ heath park, & wasnt there a ramp room there for a while ????.  Used to jump the sand bunkers on the golf corse....lol

Used to be a track for RC cars aswell IIRC ???

Dgh

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 09:19 AM »
I don't remember a ramp room. There was a bit of a jump through the woods, used to have contests with my mates there, jumping over each others' bikes. Nowadays just mess around on the MTB on the trails up past Castell Coch.

Where do you ride freestyle nowadays? Always liked the look of freestyle, but too little balance and co-ordination and too much of a pussy to do it :-[

Doesn't seem to be much OS race activity in Wales, or indeed in the western half of Britain :(. Question is, to get an OS bike and travel over east to race (a bit too much committment I suspect), get a cruiser, or just ride my MTB with nostalgia :-\ Ah, dilemmas.

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 11:15 PM »
I like a go at it mate, but as you say meets seem a fair distance  :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old Skool South Wales

gfxgfx
gfx gfx