gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 10:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  early condor 93 94
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: early condor 93 94  (Read 1603 times)

condor96

early condor 93 94
« on: January 03, 2009, 09:45 PM »
went and picked this up from a buddy i started talking to that lives in town 10 miles(who is the original owner) yesterday. weve been to a bunch of the same comps,knew alot of the same people,gave me some good stories with hoffman,swope,robinson(he said he was so tiny then),thorne,nastazio etc he rode with mat and some of the hb crew a few times when they came to florida and he wanted to get a condor(he was looking into getting a homeless mack but by late 93 he couldnt find a new mack,james shepard model),but at the time mat told him they only offered blue or chrome. he wanted black so he talked with mat about offering different colors and mat was up for offering black as a prodution color (some of the team did have black 92-93) he said to call in two weeks (this is right at the end of 93)and he would have some. he bought and rode for a short while and got out of riding for a few years(job,kids etc) put up in the attic,got back into riding about 97 and got a new bike at the time. he offered to me since i live so close,he knows its going to a good home, and he needs to fix his car.
im so stoked on this condor. nice og paint on it,just a few chips and been de decaled years ago.awesome survior. havent even buffed or waxed the paint yet (thanks sssoooooo much for the decals egg!!)
whats odd about this one from my research and time frame of real late 93 is this has both 93 and 94 mix. very early ramp room and one of the first production black and with these flame decals.

93 1/4 inch dropouts and rear peg bosses

94 seat stays connect lower on the seat mast and the clamp is not also welded on the stays like 92-93

94 down tube and gusset is all the way down unlike 92-93

two cable guides like 92-93

forks have 3/16ths dropouts and the smaller 93 peg bosses than the 94s,but no kickout at the top of the dropouts like 92-93

look at the differnce with the later ones

now does anybody have a green sticker set since it was its birthright?(i got the purple so not super stressed about it but would like the green for it)
oh and here is a pic i havent seen in years,92 bs comp daytona florida. im sitting on the extention. i was 9 years old at the time.

;D ;D :coolsmiley: :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 09:48 PM by condor96 »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: early condor 93 94
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 09:49 PM »
sweeeeeeeet that buddy ,and great description/explanation   :daumenhoch:

bmxbert

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 09:54 PM »
loving that mate :daumenhoch:

if i was you i would scan the decals and send them to del
from them he could probably change the colours for you and you wont end up having to use those ones either....
if there originals wack em in a frame and use repros for the build :daumenhoch:

condor96

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 10:03 PM »
thanks guys :) im loving it. even tho im broke  :( lol
i already have the decals scanned. i think se-bmxer has/had some green ones?
the decals are originals and so is the paint so i was just thinking orginal paint/original decals. just want the green just a smidge more than the purple since it came with green.

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 10:40 PM »
i had the green decals too but i gave them to a friend in bristol.i'll send you his email and maybe you guys can do a deal.he's a hoffman nut too :daumenhoch:

condor96

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 10:53 PM »
got it. thanks egg  :4_17_5: ,ill see what happens

condor96

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 11:40 PM »
hey egg, im curious as to where/when you got those decals

wirewheel

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 12:25 AM »
cool frame buddy, and must of been cool getting to see matt ride from the deck. i thought he was gonna ride the vert comp at backyard jam when jamie won but he was recovering from surgery i think and just rode a few runs during practice. still it was awesome to see the condor in the air.

condor96

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 02:37 AM »
yeah it was awesome seeing matt ride bitd from the deck. he was having shoulder problems but you couldnt tell from his riding. huge air,big fives with variations, huge no handed backflip attempt,and he was trying tailwhip backflips out of the nine bowl.
these two photos are basically what my view was......wish i had a camera or video camera or something back then.

this was during practice,hoffman tailwhipping. im sitting on the step next to the extention and my mom is sitting next to me  :2funny:

finals,mirra riding. im just off camera shot but if you look lower left at the bike standing up sitting there is my old gt  :LolLolLolLol: i put it there so i could keep an eye on it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 02:41 AM by condor96 »

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 04:38 AM »
nice find  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: and that no foot one handed candybar is my fav pic of matt :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 04:11 PM »
nice story mate,amazing to be on the deck with hoffman riding  :shocked: looking forward to seeing this one built up and seeing a pic with all your hoffmans built up. :daumenhoch:

condor96

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 05:01 PM »
yeah i just need a stock pile of superpros and profiles  :LolLolLolLol:  i wonder what year i should classify this one...... 93 or 94?

woody allen bars

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Nice one, interesting to read about the differences even if I'm no Hoffman collector. Look forward to seeing that one built  :daumenhoch:

Great pics of the Stone Edge vert ramp too, that was a huge ramp and it must have been so wild seeing Hoffman airing it. We went there in early '93 and were blown away by the quality of that park, nice mix of concrete bowls and wooden ramps. Leigh Ramsdell was there, along with the lads from 2B. Ramsdell was riding a welded Hutch Trickstar and doing big fakie wall rides. Around the corner from the park was a great bike shop called Woody's Wheel Shack. He had an old SE cruiser amongst a load of old school stuff left over from the early eighties; he wanted $200 for it, a complete bike at that price, loaded with great bits! I was so tempted but just could see how I was gonna get it back to the UK as I'd already bought a brand new Mack. My bro' did pick up a lovely candy red Quadangle frame from the same store, for $50 or some equally cheap price. That's long gone, now all I've got left from that store is one of the shop stickers.

~ Craig

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 09:56 PM »
very fookin nice, would love one, but im gonna be strong :LolLolLolLol:

dan-dare

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 09:58 PM »
very fookin nice, would love one, but im big and strong :LolLolLolLol:

and you wear cowboy boots. :D

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 10:07 PM »
very fookin nice, would love one, but im big and strong :LolLolLolLol:

and you wear cowboy boots. :D

it takes a real man to wear em properly :D

fookin good job i don't drive an 80's audi coupe then isn't? hang on a min, i do.......fook! :LolLolLolLol:

condor96

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 12:03 AM »
Nice one, interesting to read about the differences even if I'm no Hoffman collector. Look forward to seeing that one built  :daumenhoch:

Great pics of the Stone Edge vert ramp too, that was a huge ramp and it must have been so wild seeing Hoffman airing it. We went there in early '93 and were blown away by the quality of that park, nice mix of concrete bowls and wooden ramps. Leigh Ramsdell was there, along with the lads from 2B. Ramsdell was riding a welded Hutch Trickstar and doing big fakie wall rides. Around the corner from the park was a great bike shop called Woody's Wheel Shack. He had an old SE cruiser amongst a load of old school stuff left over from the early eighties; he wanted $200 for it, a complete bike at that price, loaded with great bits! I was so tempted but just could see how I was gonna get it back to the UK as I'd already bought a brand new Mack. My bro' did pick up a lovely candy red Quadangle frame from the same store, for $50 or some equally cheap price. That's long gone, now all I've got left from that store is one of the shop stickers.

~ Craig

yeah stone edge is a landmark skatepark. been around forever. that and kona here in jacksonville are the oldest skateparks in the u.s. awesome everything there,especially the bowls,huge vert ramp. i lived at stone edge throughout the 90s. Ramsdell was there alot,so was rob nolli,mirra,the hb crew from time to time,miron,nastazio,chad degroot,mike andrews,dave brumlo,butcher,immy levan,robo and on and on. lot of people rolled through there and some crazy sessions and bs comps. they let bikes in i think 91. that owner was really cool with bikes there but he started hurting for money sometime around 03. well the owner of kona bought stone edge (this is when kona let bikes in one night a week) and simotaniously stop letting in bikes at kona and stonedge. he bulldosed three of the bowls (the cloverleaf,the peanut and the egg) hes lucky he didnt bulldose the 9 bowl or i would have drove across town and set him on fire! my riding buddy knows the owner and he is the only biker he'll let in kona,so hes been trying the convince him to let bikes in on at least a limited basis at stonegde(more than likely just a few of our buddys) and i think just limited to the nine bowl (which is fine by me,my fav)
paste this in google maps-       1848 S Ridgewood Ave, Daytona Beach, FL, United States     -and you can see what its like now(i think a few more ramps went up but as you can see three of the bowls are gone,no vert ramp or mini or spine)  :'( :'(
i definatly remember woodys wheel shack. the best bike shop around. bought two bikes there,many tires,lots of misc. bought my superpros from there in 96. every week i went there when i was a kid and just drooled over all the wheels the had there, rows of gleaming peregrines,ukais,arayas,alexs. would kill to have all those.

heres video of the bs comp from 95 at stonedge,tis was crazy comp. the finals for 95,last of the old bs comps. i remember matt made a speach about how this was an end of an era and biking is gonna be crazy huge etc.
/>and pics from 95....

the three bowls that are gone now

some more from 92...

lots of pics lol. if anybody has any other footage from there lmk  :daumenhoch:

condor96

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 07:01 PM »
touched uped,wet sanded and polished and decaled up  :)

woody allen bars

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 07:31 PM »
That's a fine lookin' frameset  :daumenhoch:

~ Craig

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 07:35 PM »
 :shocked:  im ready for it now   :)
great scans by the way majic.

condor96

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 02:05 AM »
thanks guys  :daumenhoch:
yeah im gonna do mostly black,bit of chrome and purple.  superpros with some gumwall vmonsters,profiles with purple sprocket (thinking gt overdrive),purple dk stem,purple odi longnecks and im painting my powerlite four pieces black tomarrow for it  :smitten:

hope those scans work for you harris,waiting to see them on your taj...

bmxbert

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 08:07 AM »
that thing looks sweeeeet im seriously considering having my condor powdered up now
seems a shame when its such a nice survivor though. maybee i'll look for a battered one to play with

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  early condor 93 94

gfxgfx
gfx gfx