gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 05:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  heads up warning - kuwie kz1 on ebay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: heads up warning - kuwie kz1 on ebay  (Read 929 times)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
heads up warning - kuwie kz1 on ebay
« on: January 03, 2009, 12:20 AM »
just a heads up to anyone considering having a punt on this KZ1. pretty sure this was on before and has a suspected crack in one of the rear dropouts.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bmx-Kuwahara-kz1-frame-made-in-japan-rare-awsome_W0QQitemZ220338310114QQihZ012QQcategoryZ167322QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think you can just see where it might be on the non drive side dropout in the pic. get more pics from the seller if you are interested. it may just be in the powder.

if it is the same one it put me off as you couldnt be certain

marc :daumenhoch:

ozone

Re: heads up warning - kuwie kz1 on ebay
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 11:09 PM »
just a heads up to anyone considering having a punt on this KZ1. pretty sure this was on before and has a suspected crack in one of the rear dropouts.

I remember that bike from the first time around.  It does look like the one with the damaged dropout - I can see a Paypal claim heading his way ::) 

It looks like it has those awful TRX oval forks fitted, too - I think he should also mention that in his listing as having TRX forks fitted means it's no longer a pukka KZ-1 f+f :-\

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 11:20 PM »

I remember that bike from the first time around.  It does look like the one with the damaged dropout - I can see a Paypal claim heading his way ::) 

It looks like it has those awful TRX oval forks fitted, too - I think he should also mention that in his listing as having TRX forks fitted means it's no longer a pukka KZ-1 f+f :-\

trx's are laserlite forks. pukka forks. just don't belong on a kz unless it's a kz 83 or kz 84
ding dong

ozone

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 11:29 PM »
That was the point I was trying to make so I highlighted the second f in red.  It is indeed, a KZ-1 frame but it looks like it has the wrong forks fitted so, strictly speaking, it's not a true KZ-1 frame and forks

I'm sure most people looking at that listing would just assume that the frame would come with the correct round forks. :daumenhoch:

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 11:38 PM »
f i was buying a kz1 f&f yes i would expect the round type ::)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 11:45 PM »
i got your point. just don't think trx are auwful.
they do look oval in them pics but it's hard to tell. The way it's photographed i don't think your ment to be able to tell.
ding dong

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 11:48 PM »
ooh. tricky wording too. he just says KZ-1 frame, not kz-1 frame and forks and yes they are trx's. there are some serious shitesters out there in e-bay world.
ding dong

ozone

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 12:06 AM »
Yeah, you're right.  TRX forks are not awful when used with an oval frame but I don't like the look of them when they are teamed with a frame that has round tubing.  :daumenhoch:

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 12:17 AM »
I know what you mean. its like putting round tubed forks on an aero frame  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 09:13 AM »
f i was buying a kz1 f&f yes i would expect the round type ::)

i heard you already had first dib dobs on a KZ1 with some ultra rare NOS correct forks  :shocked:  :daumenhoch:

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 09:30 AM »
well I asked the question

Q:    Are the forks the original oval ones or replacement round leg ones. ::)

here's the muppets reply

A:    They are original oval (tange aero pro)originaly put on kz1 kind regards sean

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 01:40 PM »
 ;D hook lline and sinker
ding dong

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 10:43 PM »
seans been around for a long time hes what we used to call "the clown on a bike " yep he has /had some kind of circus /street act as a job , im sure he knows the difference and whats right and wrong ... a lil suprised really  ::)   here we go check his site

http://www.bikeboy.net/video.html
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:54 PM by pkradman »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  heads up warning - kuwie kz1 on ebay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx