gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 12:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Newbie alert.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Newbie alert.....  (Read 1237 times)

sid1972

Newbie alert.....
« on: January 03, 2009, 06:29 PM »
Not even sure if this can be considered a Topic.... but here goes, For the last 5/10 years my mother has been ranting at me to clear out what was my childhood bedroom loving called 'THE PIT'.
Amongst the rumble; somewhere near the back was my GT, The first inspection confirmed that the bike 'hardly ridden' was still in cracking condition. I asked MA about my yellow mongoose which was used and abused everyday for about 10 years, but sadly this was given away a couple of years before to a spottie faced neighbour!

Back to the point : I was wondering what to do with the GT and came across this website, which has rekindled the glory days for me and I cannot believe the amount of interest in scene and the love for old skool.

I have attempted to navigate my way around the site, but if someone can spend two minutes or so just explaining a few things, do you lot have meets?

Whats the best way to upload photo's?

Thank's folks - will attempt to get photo's of bike on as soon as possible... with dust and after a polish!

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Newbie alert.....
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 06:40 PM »
evening sid,the best way to upload photos is photobucket(get an account with them)  but i struggle with this  :-[ but you can look in the suggestions and ideas part of the forum,as i think there is a guide on how to do it in there.There is meets on a regular basis,wether its a RAD organized one or one that members have put together,depends where you live and how far youll travel,ive only been on here myself 5 months and  been to one event,but throw yourself in and meet some good people(there is an events and gatherings section)  :daumenhoch:
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 06:43 PM »
Welcome  :)

Just keep browsing round the site, you'll find it all there for you somewhere.  There is a 'how to' regarding photo uploading, and there's allsorts of sessions and gatherings throughout the year  :)

sid1972

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 07:15 PM »
Thank's TwoBobRob, go on then whats that about?

what your bike by the way?

sid.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 07:44 PM »
Hey Sid...welcome!

I noticed you're from Barnsley, where abouts??

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

sid1972

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 07:59 PM »
Hi Daz.
Worsborough Dale... and you?

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 08:02 PM »
Wilthorpe now mate but I was brought up in Wombwell.

What's the GT you have and the Goose?

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 08:07 PM »
I want to touch ORB

steve Beech TA

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 08:13 PM »

Welcome mate, when you have found out how to do PB post some pic,s. It is dead easy to up load your pics, i am not t0o good with all this comp stuff but worked it out quite quick. still cant get a pic under my name though. Think its called a Avatar or some thing :daumenhoch:

sid1972

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Hi Daz,

to coin a phrase, Small world!  We have only been here about 18 months - from Swinton Rotherham before hand.

The Bike: Bought as Frame and Forks in about 84' -  still have original tag, warranty details etc. Race frame - not performer.

Tuff neck headstem, blue z rim's, Tuff neck chain ring etc. MX BRAKE SET - quick release, self adjusting type. DX pedals.

Jam donut seat clamp and jam buttie headstem support (if I have got the names round the right way). Ritchie tyres rings a bell but not sure.

Frame chrome, all parts either chrome, anodised red,blue and gold to match the gt badges..

At the time no expense was spared but as a say been gathering dust in old bedroom since late 80's and was not ridden
much before due to mongoose - not sure what this was memory on model gone, it was yellow with smoke chrome forks but as a say a neighbour was given it!!!!

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 08:18 PM »
sounds good! get the pictures up quick!

is it all as it was since you last messed with it in the 80's?
I want to touch ORB

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 08:30 PM »
Hi Daz,

to coin a phrase, Small world!  We have only been here about 18 months - from Swinton Rotherham before hand.

The Bike: Bought as Frame and Forks in about 84' -  still have original tag, warranty details etc. Race frame - not performer.

Tuff neck headstem, blue z rim's, Tuff neck chain ring etc. MX BRAKE SET - quick release, self adjusting type. DX pedals.

Jam donut seat clamp and jam buttie headstem support (if I have got the names round the right way). Ritchie tyres rings a bell but not sure.

Frame chrome, all parts either chrome, anodised red,blue and gold to match the gt badges..

At the time no expense was spared but as a say been gathering dust in old bedroom since late 80's and was not ridden
much before due to mongoose - not sure what this was memory on model gone, it was yellow with smoke chrome forks but as a say a neighbour was given it!!!!

The GT sounds nice mate, if you need a hand with anything I'm more than happy help out. I've only have one old school bike now as I got rid of the others I had. I've got a minty 1984 Haro Sport and my new school rider which I'm in the process of changing.

I've had a few good Sunday night round Swinton in the past  ;D

Daz.

sid1972

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 08:41 PM »
Yeah, fell of a few bar stools myself. Crap now apparently, the Robin has shut and all the other pubs keep changing hands all the time.

I need some grips, only thing that is not original on bike.. rest is all early 80's, will try to get pictures posted asap - but need to collect it form Mum's house before she give up moaning at me and does something stupid like leave's it out on bin day!!!

sid1972

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 08:47 PM »
just been looking at your signiture FLATCAP - LET ME GET BACK TO YOU regarding parts etc, (I am not one for bending the truth normally) - you killing me may upset her in doors - or proberbly not!!! if I spend to much time on this site.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 01:54 AM »
Sid, I don't have any oldschool bikes, I'm just old myself!!

I'm a rider, so I have current kit.  Back in the 80s I rode Haro and Ammaco freestylers. These days I have a Macneil, soon to be replaced by an S&M   :)

STUMPYLEE

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 06:10 PM »
can't wait to see those pics, get em up buddy :coolsmiley:

sid1972

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 07:19 PM »
cheers mate,
I hoping to get it sorted this week, need to get bike from Mums House and get it dusted down, do not think much needs to be done as it has been inside house, do not think it had much wet weather at all.

I looking forward to the process, I still know the guy who owns the shop I got it from and I am hoping he has a stock pile of stuff - he had a kawaski bmx he imported (first one ever to come to Britain he reckons), I was in the shop about 5 years ago and it was still hung up in his stock room so when I collect mine from parents house I going to call in and have a chat!

If it turns out he has the stuff as I suspect; I will post details on site regarding stock. I hope now I have said ALL THIS, it's not just a brain fart on my part!!!!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 07:34 PM »
Which shop and where is it Sid as I've been round most of them myself  ;)

Daz.

sid1972

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 09:51 PM »
It's in sticks of lincolnshire, spoke to Pop tonight and he is calling in tomorrow hopefully - told him to get kawasaski if its resonable - nice bike if I remender right.

do not want to say to much if it turns out nothing, but I will advise tomorrow if i can sort, hopefully because of past he may let me have things at a good price but who knows....
I will post details and tell him about RAD members if it turns gold.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 10:02 PM »
Sid, just be careful with the Kawasaki thing though dude as rare doesn't always mean valuable.  :daumenhoch:

sid1972

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 10:10 PM »
Cheers fella, I just remember thinking the conpontents were very good for a bike I'd never seen before - and if the thing has never been ridden it should be ok - trust me I am hoping to beg it! As christmas sucks - kids are like vampires with jingley bells!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 08:14 PM by sid1972 »

dal b

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 11:25 PM »
only just noticed  2 lads from tarn.i thought i was on my own from this neck of the woods.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 08:09 AM »
only just noticed  2 lads from tarn.i thought i was on my own from this neck of the woods.

Are you any relation to the 'Bywaters' from Wombwell??

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 09:37 AM »
Welcome to the site dude - get those pics up, lets see the GT (you'll have Quadrophenia sniffing round in no time!).

:daumenhoch:

sid1972

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 03:51 PM »
Hi fella,
I hoping to get the the photos up this weekend....  will be good to hear a few opinions...

watch this space!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Newbie alert.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx