gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 04:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Fitting Pegs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fitting Pegs  (Read 608 times)

Timmeh

Fitting Pegs
« on: January 05, 2009, 12:35 PM »
Is it like this:

Take off a wheel nut, put peg on, put nut back on with socket extension bar.  Looks simple enough~ any gotchas?

Does it matter which side or is that down to feel/ preference?

I've got a par that came with my new bike but I'm thinking of running 4 pegs until I get 'the feel', are all pegs the same length/ diameter?

Any fave pegs to recommend?

Muchos gracias albondigas.   :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Fitting Pegs
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 12:45 PM »
personally i put a large washer against the frame and then a washer on the inside of the peg.....not sure if that's the 'correct way' though but mine stay nice and tight  :daumenhoch:

as for what side?  yes purely down to personal preference

what type?  well i'm betting the ones that came with your bike are plain old steel ones....which work just fine but if you take em off i bet they'll weigh as much as the bike itself  :LolLolLolLol:

speak to Stodgy in the RAD shop and he'll sort you out with a nice set of new light ones  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 12:55 PM »
Here's a tip for ya:

-Hold the socket and extension bar in your hand, sticking up.

-Drop the wheel nut down into the socket

-Put the washer ontop of the socket

-Slide the peg down over the whole lot and hold it down

Now, when you turn the whole thing on its side to put it on the bike, the washer will be trapped between the peg and socket, and the nut is there too, ready to tighten down. It saves trying to hoop-la the washer over the axle after the peg is in place.

evamedia

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 02:03 PM »
as for what side,

usually, they go on the side that your front foot is forward if you are going to bunny hop, though some people are weird

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 02:07 PM »
as for what side,
usually, they go on the side that your front foot is forward if you are going to bunny hop, though some people are weird

aka "goofy footed"

Alternatively, they usually go on the other side to the way you rotate (eg, you air/180 to the left, you fit them on the right).
Though some people are wierd ..... aka "Billstup"  :LolLolLolLol:

evamedia

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 02:25 PM »
Though some people are wierd ..... aka "Billstup"  :LolLolLolLol:

And Joe Stupp, Nuture or Nature?

Timmeh

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 02:38 PM »
as for what side,

...erm...I bunny hop left foot fwd, but feel they should go on the right...I'm right handed but use a fork in my right hand...weird. :LolLolLolLol:

My local (municipal) park is set up so that there is more run-up to grind right to left on the longer ramp top coping, hence my thoughts on RHS pegs.

Thanks loads for your help folks.   :) :daumenhoch:

evamedia

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 08:26 AM »
Can you air? or if not, which way feels the most natural to carve?

Timmeh

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 11:48 AM »
Can you air? or if not, which way feels the most natural to carve?

Can I bollocks...that's on my 'to learn' list...!

I think carve to the left..I'll have a go when the frost goes.  I know I 'need' lighter pegs as mine weigh 2 metric tonnes each!  I'm gonna see how much I use the front brake too, as I might loose it. 

Anyone use a rotor on their rides?  :( ???

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Fitting Pegs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx