gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 04:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  PECKHAM WINTER REGIONAL
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PECKHAM WINTER REGIONAL  (Read 5141 times)

spillers#1

PECKHAM WINTER REGIONAL
« on: January 02, 2009, 06:59 PM »
Lets get a thread going on here............Is it happening there or gosport?

If so where ever its gonna be who's going?

dialledbikes

Re: PECKHAM WINTER REGIONAL
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 07:51 PM »
As far as I'm aware, it's still at Peckham.  Not heard about any switch to Gosport.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 08:27 PM »
Where's Gosport?

Unlikely to be ale to make it either way though.  :(

mr.magoo

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 09:53 PM »
Gosport? where'd that come from.....not recovered from Hersden yet, so think it may have been too early to ride semi hard so soon????

spillers#1

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 10:09 PM »
Something chippy(mark barden) said last week at chicky,either that or i was so ill i was off me head  :coolsmiley:

dialledbikes

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 08:59 AM »
It would't have surprised me if the race was switched from Peckham as Gosport is supposed to be a really good track and Peckham isn't a regional track by any means (it's about the same length as Hersden and you have to ride the second straight twice).  But I think if it was gonna be switched they would've announced it by now.

chippy

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 03:37 PM »
Can't remember who mentioned it to me , but seeing as i aint been to either track I cant really comment on them .
Do remember Richard Cawood saying Peckham was being resurfaced and would be ready for the regional .

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 03:59 PM »
Peckham isn't a regional track by any means
The decision to run a Winter Series event at Peckham was made at a meeting of the SOUTH committee and is in recognition of the effort and support that the club has given to the Region in recent years.  Peckham has spawned some of the best riders in the country and the training that CK Flash does there is testament to their ability to breed champions.  In my personal opinion, and this is my personal opinion, a Winter Series event will be good for Peckham and having seen events there before I'm sure it will be a success.  OK, it's a six-man track and the second straight is also the last one, think of a squashed 6 and you get the picture, but it will be the same for everyone.  If it showcases the sport to the local community and if the club can get local Council people along too then it might be the boost they need to get a full-size track built locally.  Gosport would have liked a Winter Series race but weren't ready when the dates were set, but obviously if Peckham had withdrawn then they would have probably stepped up to the mark.  Support the meeting if you can and I believe it will be a top day!!  Humps

spillers#1

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 04:12 PM »
I'm up for it  :daumenhoch: in fact i think i'm due a win so i might have to make it peckham  ::)

mr.magoo

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 04:30 PM »
Old skool bike is ready, if my knee permits :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 04:33 PM »
ill be there for Old School

with respect to Gosport - the other rumour i heard about the track was that it was going to replace the Andover one as they were going to be re-doing their track.....

think southern Andy told me that.....

Twatty

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 05:43 PM »
Im going, family health permitting....

BrewUK

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 05:53 PM »
The Peckham race is at Peckham and the Andover race is Andover

Dont listen to rumours  :idiot2: - if there are any changes to the series they will be posted on www.southbmx.co.uk

thecrooch

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 06:21 PM »

Dont listen to rumours  :idiot2: - if there are any changes to the series they will be posted on www.southbmx.co.uk

okey dokey - thanks for that, i never knew we had a dedicated web site...

dialledbikes

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 06:40 PM »
Peckham isn't a regional track by any means
The decision to run a Winter Series event at Peckham was made at a meeting of the SOUTH committee and is in recognition of the effort and support that the club has given to the Region in recent years.  Peckham has spawned some of the best riders in the country and the training that CK Flash does there is testament to their ability to breed champions.  In my personal opinion, and this is my personal opinion, a Winter Series event will be good for Peckham and having seen events there before I'm sure it will be a success.  OK, it's a six-man track and the second straight is also the last one, think of a squashed 6 and you get the picture, but it will be the same for everyone.  If it showcases the sport to the local community and if the club can get local Council people along too then it might be the boost they need to get a full-size track built locally.  Gosport would have liked a Winter Series race but weren't ready when the dates were set, but obviously if Peckham had withdrawn then they would have probably stepped up to the mark.  Support the meeting if you can and I believe it will be a top day!!  Humps

Couldn't agree more Alan.  What Peckham have achieved from so little resources is amazing and if the winter regional helps them get a full size track from the council, that's not only good for the club but also good for the South BMX region.

I anticipate a fun but hectic day at Peckham next week.  Looking forward to it.  Might even race 2 classes as the track is so short.

TonyDaButcher

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 07:25 PM »

Where is the Hayes race gonna be?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 07:55 PM »
I heard that was going to be at Hersden.  :LolLolLolLol:

Flying_fox

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 07:59 PM »

The field out the back of your house tone, build some wooden jumps and do it old school style. ;)

Or Chicksands. :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 08:03 PM »

Chicksands it is then.  Who's going to tell UB??   ;D Humps

Flying_fox

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 08:26 PM »

Chicksands it is then.  Who's going to tell UB??   ;D Humps

Tony? :angel:

TonyDaButcher

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 08:20 AM »

BELIEVE THE HYPE!!
DON'T MISS DIS!!

Here are the confirmed dates for the South Region Winter Series:

Sunday 16th November 2008 - BOURNEMOUTH
Sunday 7th December 2008 - DAGENHAM
Sunday 11th January 2009 - PECKHAM
Sunday 15th February 2009 - HAYES
Sunday 15th March 2009 - ANDOVER

Registration closes 11am prompt

4 out of 5 races to count

2009 National series age groups apart from new 17+ payback class (to include Jnr Men/19+/Elite) 20″ or 24″bikes may be used

£10 expert entry fee / £5 novice entry fee (all 2008 novices to move up to expert)

Trophies for top 8 riders at end of series (except those classes involved in payback)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 11:25 AM by TonyDaButcher »

xtremepervert

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 08:39 PM »
I'm up for it  :daumenhoch: in fact i think i'm due a win so i might have to make it peckham  ::)

Lee, you have been due a win for the last 25 years ;D :D

Bushwacked

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 10:06 PM »
Perhaps a random question but how long is the Peckham track?

thecrooch

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 10:07 PM »
Not very....

Bushwacked

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 10:16 PM »
OK, I suppose my actual question is - for racing to take place does the track have to be a minimum length and width?

New track being put in near mine and wondering

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  PECKHAM WINTER REGIONAL

gfxgfx
gfx gfx