gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975629 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 03:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A cracking night
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A cracking night  (Read 26659 times)

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: A cracking night
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2009, 12:12 PM »
talking of laf's scott that rides rom an charlton snapped the headtube of his one he now has a ltf lol

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2009, 12:13 PM »

what was the question again ?

JT71

« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2009, 12:18 PM »

what was the question again ?

it was....

is your bro really in Marillion?

and are you healing up now vertman?  :daumenhoch:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2009, 01:05 PM »
NOTHING IS INDESTRUCTABLE!

I said this on the first or seconds page I think Denny!

We've all seen things break or broken things ourselves, it comes with the sport I'm afraid!

I agree with this post as any feedback good or bad is helpful. I also agree with Macky in that Mark would still have put this up had it have been ANY other frame. Your point about the magazines is a very valid point Denny, if there really is SO many breaking then why hasn't the media raised it. My beef is with Streetpr1ck! It's obvious he's got it in for Darren, plain and simple! And I don't like the manner in which he's doing it. The guy's a c0ck! If he gives us proof then fair enough but just saying it is bollox!

My next point is with something that Phil mentioned, about us sticking up for him because it's he's a "northerner". Firstly, I've never met the fella and secondly I certainly didn't know he's from "up north". I was also a bit pi$$ed off about the comments regarding not being able to use the bike for it's "intended purpose". So therefore not being in a position to pass a critical comment. That's nonsense, my old fella has never been on a BMX in his life but he was a brilliant design engineer. He understands more about welding, metal tension, materials to use, stress fractures than most of us. So you're saying he couldn't pass comment on it just because he doesn't ride?? You also need to remember dude that some of us, me included, are a damn site older than you are. Also, physically, like others, have had my fair share of problems. You have to remember that! Just because we don't all do it now doesn't mean we never did.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2009, 01:21 PM »
Well Streetjudge was online earlier but has decided not to reply to this thread, still you can always visit his myspace page here :

http://www.myspace.com/streetjudge
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

dialledbikes

« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2009, 01:22 PM »
Your point about the magazines is a very valid point Denny, if there really is SO many breaking then why hasn't the media raised it.

I've read a lot of bike magazines since 1980 and never seen a magazine point out that a particular brand is prone to failing.

Didn't the early Federal's have a head tube flaring problem with led to some dealers nicknaming them "Flarederal"?  Never saw that in Dig or Ride.

Cannondales are also known by a lot of MTB'ers a "Crack'n'fail", but again, never seen the MTB mags pick up on this.

It's usually word of mouth between riders which spreads rumours about whether a product is good or not.

Never hear of S&Ms or Standards snapping but I guess that's because the owners of those bikes are fans of the brand and don't spread bad press and the haters don't latch on to those failing because they're "established".

moley

« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2009, 01:32 PM »
Phil's got every right to comment on Dibly's frames because he's ridden them!

But Streetjudge just slagged them and now it seems there was another motive behind his comments.

I stick up for Dibly because he's getting off his arse and doing something.   Not because he's a Northerner!!

If Streetjudge shows any proof of his claims or even shows that he bought one of these frames then I would respect his views!

My views on these frames are neutral.  I dont have any!!

But I still wish Dibly success, the same as I wish success for any UK Manufacturer!!  :daumenhoch:

streetjudge

« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2009, 02:11 PM »
Well Streetjudge was online earlier but has decided not to reply to this thread, still you can always visit his myspace page here :

I have seen a few of these frames (Revolutions) broken but dont have any photos however i will try and get some

I just think its a shame when I see riders at my local park buying a new frame and it lasting for a few weeks

I do agree that frames break but i'd expect one to last for longer than that, i originally came on this board after seeing a few riders in dundee with broken frames

I have ridden the revolution and think it feels very flexie so i'm not surprised they break so easily. maybe it was a bad batch, who knows? I havent even seen an Evolution frame

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2009, 02:28 PM »

I have seen a few of these frames (Revolutions) broken but dont have any photos however i will try and get some

I just think its a shame when I see riders at my local park buying a new frame and it lasting for a few weeks

I do agree that frames break but i'd expect one to last for longer than that, i originally came on this board after seeing a few riders in dundee with broken frames

I have ridden the revolution and think it feels very flexie so i'm not surprised they break so easily. maybe it was a bad batch, who knows? I havent even seen an Evolution frame

Well that's about as fooking conclusive as anything you've ALREADY said!

So firstly you only came on the forum to tell us about some broken frames. No other reason....nothing more to add to the forum than slagging off a brand. You're probably best moving on then dude as if that's about the total sum of your contribution then I for one don't want you as a member. Also if it's only been the Revolution frames you've seen probelms with, you're not exactly in a position to give a blanket opinion over a complete brand. Which is what you've done!

Just remember one thing....if this all goes pair shaped for Dibly and I genuinely hope it DOESN'T....."Never knock a man who tries and fails, only knock a man who fails to try!" Think about that while you're working in Halfords!

Daz.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:53 PM by Flatcap »
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

streetjudge

« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2009, 02:51 PM »
fair enough, I was just voicing my opinion about a frame that breaks

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2009, 02:58 PM »

It was the manner in which you did it!!

We're all entitled to our opinions but people respect them more if they're backed up with hard evidence and done in a polite way. All you've done is just be derogatory to the brand and the person which is hardly fair! Show some respect to someone who is working very hard and having a go.

Daz.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2009, 03:22 PM »

Was you, then where`s the evidence then, how many could you have seen at your local park in Glasgow for you to have any opinion on the whole brand ?
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

PaulM

« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2009, 04:42 PM »
Sorry mate but your full of shit, feels flexy? My arse do they, you prob aint even ridden one, prob scared to incase it "breaks"....

Show some pics of these "few" frames you've seen break then you may have some kind of arguement, but even then they could have just been ghost ridden, thrown, etc........

My frames the bollocks and I love it, its a Ukbike Co Evoloution by the way.

Cheers

Paul

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2009, 04:46 PM »
Sorry mate but your full of shit, feels flexy? My arse do they, you prob aint even ridden one, prob scared to incase it "breaks"....

Show some pics of these "few" frames you've seen break then you may have some kind of arguement, but even then they could have just been ghost ridden, thrown, etc........

Cheers

Paul

and fook can he ride it!!   :daumenhoch:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2009, 06:01 PM »

Cheers

Paul

and fook can he ride it!!   :daumenhoch:

I'll second that!!!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

teamsano

« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2009, 06:21 PM »
i've not been on here in ages, this thread has certainly gathered legs! :D

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2009, 06:28 PM »
Bad reputations are very easy to gain yet quite hard to shake. As Mike says Cannondale does, by some, have a reputation of cracking but in all my years riding them and abusing them a lot I've never come close to cracking one and I've had 4, and still have 3 of them parked in the garage.

It's most likely through misuse that these frames have had an issue rather than through normal riding..

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2009, 06:43 PM »
flatcap me old fruit, didn't mean to offend, just seemed a lot of northern guys sticking up there. the other comment about passing judgement, i'm aware you all used to ride, we've all been riding since the 80's, and yeah we all know about bikes. my point is some people are passing judgement that they have these frames and saying they are strong as fook, when all they do on it is roll from deck to deck, hardly a realistic judgement on a frame designed to be whipped and flipped.

this streetjudge has lost any credit with me (not that he had any) by saying they are flexy. i had a flex problem with my backend eventually! which is why i stopped riding it. but like paul has said they are stiff as fook to ride, mine felt ace when i first had it, from the cracking that i've seen on most of the frames, particularly the prototypes, as i've not had much to do with the production models. the main issue (i work with metal so this is my territory) from my opinion is the heat treating making the frame brittle, hence the cracks, the more metal hardens the more brittle it will become, yes it should be stronger and allow the use of thinner gauge tubing thus giving a lighter frame. a bike frame needs to have a certain amount of flex in it, maybe its the lack of flex in the front ends that are making them snap. but from what i've seen of the production models dibly is gusseting the front ends and internally around the strawberry seatclamp area and i'm sure it will progress and the teething problems will be resolved, my only hope is no-one gets seriously injured during this process.

i hope that reads as though i'm saying uk frames will hopefully come good in the end, thats how its intended anyway, yes i know theres some negatives in there but i would like to see a full english company succeed. the last english frame i liked was the hidden nation frames but unfortunately he couldn't supply the demand

moley

« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2009, 07:05 PM »
Some good points Phil!!

Its still early days yet as a brand!!

If it were easy doing a super light frame then everyone would be doing it!!

Hopefully the prototypes showed all the areas where improvements were needed!!

And they'll be modifications as the brand develops over time!!

You can test something for as long as you like...........The real test is giving it to the public.  Those fookers will always think up new ways to abuse it!!

I think Dibly has done a great job in such a short space of time!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2009, 07:57 PM »
Phil....thanks for your reply dude, much appreciated!  :daumenhoch:

Some good point too, maybe with your knowledge you could help Dibly resolve the problems and in turn help UK Bike Co succeed.

Just a thought mate.  ;)

I have a funny feeling a certain Scottish company could be behind this brand lambasting! Or is it just me??

Daz.

Lazarou

« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2009, 08:09 PM »
The term 'Strawberry seatclamp' makes me feel angry.

Keep gayness out of BMX!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2009, 08:18 PM »
The term 'Strawberry seatclamp' makes me feel angry.

Keep gayness out of BMX!

'Hi Pot, it's Kettle here'

'Oh hi kettle, how are you?'

I'm fine Pot.......the colours black by the way, just thought I'd let you know.....'

bmxer4ever

« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2009, 08:19 PM »
i've not been on here in ages, this thread has certainly gathered legs! :D

You're not kidding!

It's all got a bit heated!

G

teamsano

« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2009, 09:12 PM »

I have a funny feeling a certain Scottish company could be behind this brand lambasting! Or is it just me??

Daz.

be careful.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2009, 09:20 PM »

Daz.

be careful.

Goags - Told you it was getting heated....

Daz - doubt it mate.....

'Nuff said

G

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  A cracking night

gfxgfx
gfx gfx