gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  mongoose m1
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mongoose m1  (Read 3686 times)

spesh

mongoose m1
« on: January 05, 2009, 11:25 AM »
i bought one of these not long ago and paid £35 for it now look at the price this one went for! :wtf:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270324848656&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

i converted it into this californian, did i do the right thing or should i have restord it back to original?

daz bmx it!

Re: mongoose m1
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 04:41 PM »
Seller up the road from me :D,re-listed as it was F+F's only then came back as a complete bike? reckon bidders and buyers just saw Mongoose and went berserk :idiot2:

Offline bmxgirl

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 07:11 PM »
I have a mongoose mk1..ile try and scan a pic in tomorow.. i paid £3 at a bootsale for it at least 8 years ago complete with skyways!! I saw one go for quite a tidy sum  on ebay quite a while back too...Only time ive ever seen another in the flesh was at Bug Jam a few years ago....you've done a great job but i personally would have left it as is ;)

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 02:54 PM »
Spesh - The M1 was available in white with black accessories and originally came with steel pro-class rims so i would say it's pretty faithful as it is - without being pedantic about the wheels you'd only have to change the decals (Del ?) and the pads (Firebird ?) and she'd be right as rain  :daumenhoch:
Thing is ... the newer decal that you'd need was red lettering so it might fudge up your gold look, which i reckon looks nice as it bounces nicely off the cali lettering.
If you were at the begining of the build i'd say go M1, but since she's built and looks sweet as..... i'd leave her as is  :smitten:

PS - as a full bike with the OE skyways i reckon 160 quid was'nt that bad for that ebay bike  :-\
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 03:05 PM »
Right mate - just had a look through my catalogues again and they didn't change to the red decal til '86 so the first M1 frames had the same style decals as the cali (seat tube decal probably said M1 though) - here's a pic from the catalogue below i think that not only is yours pretty faithful, it looks better with more black and with the gold added :daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  mongoose m1

gfxgfx
gfx gfx