gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 06:32 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  i need help to identify this REDLINE model/year
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: i need help to identify this REDLINE model/year  (Read 695 times)

deli_mas

i need help to identify this REDLINE model/year
« on: December 27, 2008, 12:48 PM »
Hello guy,i need help to identify this REDLINE frame. The model and year..or any useful info to share. If u need more pics just request and i will posts ASAP. FYI the serial number WBT1088Z. TQVM for your help.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: i need help to identify this REDLINE model/year
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 01:20 PM »
Interesting, I'd take a punt at October 1988 but I'm sure Mr Burgundy will be along shortly to put me right  ;D

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 03:54 PM »
This is just a stab in the dark...

Made by Healing Industries Ltd, New Zealand under Licence from Redline, my guess on the year 82, 83, 84...

Ask on the Oz bmx site, they may help as I think Healing also made the Malvern Star over in Oz.

Interesting frame, never seen that style serial number before...

:)

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 05:28 PM »
A slight hyjack here but it looks very similar to the one I have. The only difference is that my one only has the serial number on the bottom bracket. From what I have read on here before the ones with the Redline stamp were American made and the serial number only ones were Japanese ?
I bought my one back in the early 80's and can't remember if it's a MXII or III now as it's lost it's stickers.
Apart from the Redline markings it looks identical to the one in the picture, would be great to know more of the Redline history if anyone knows.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 05:37 PM by SteveG »

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 07:34 PM »
A slight hyjack here but it looks very similar to the one I have. The only difference is that my one only has the serial number on the bottom bracket. From what I have read on here before the ones with the Redline stamp were American made and the serial number only ones were Japanese ?
I bought my one back in the early 80's and can't remember if it's a MXII or III now as it's lost it's stickers.
Apart from the Redline markings it looks identical to the one in the picture, would be great to know more of the Redline history if anyone knows.

Just numbers is US built...  99% of the time

2 letter (RA,RB,RC etc) then 5 numbers = overseas, starting in Japan...

What is your serial number?

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 11:26 PM »
Hi
Cheers for the info. Just out of interest the serial number is 352158.  I read somewhere about some frames being non US made and thought my one was one of them. Did Redline and others do this sort of thing a lot ?

Looking at some catalogues I have for my local bike shop back then it seems that MX II's and III's were available from them in 1982. They had loads of them in the shop and sold them pretty quick as they were £70 and £80, which was cheap compaired with other frames.

deli_mas

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 03:42 AM »

Made by Healing Industries Ltd, New Zealand under Licence from Redline, my guess on the year 82, 83, 84...

Ask on the Oz bmx site, they may help as I think Healing also made the Malvern Star over in Oz.

Dear Mr Burgundy, i have zero info about redline..hope u can give me more info or anyone else.so this Redline made in japan or NZ under licence?what is the model?im gonna build up this frame and i need right model to put the decals on it.plz guys..more info.thks

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 04:30 PM »

Dear Mr Burgundy, i have zero info about redline..hope u can give me more info or anyone else.so this Redline made in japan or NZ under licence?what is the model?im gonna build up this frame and i need right model to put the decals on it.plz guys..more info.thks

I'd say it's from NZ, not Japan. Model?..  MXII or MXIII.

Like I said earlier, ask over on OZ BMX. They may be able to help with the serial number.

I've started a thread for you...

http://ozbmx.com.au/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1230483869/0

;)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Was there any physical difference in the frame design or size between the II and III ? I have seen a few pictures and they all look pretty much the same. Even Prolines looked the same although I'm pretty sure they were longer.
I have a few old magazines but can only remember an article on the 600a when it came out I think. It's a good excuse for a look through them again just to see !

deli_mas

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 04:14 AM »

I'd say it's from NZ, not Japan. Model?..  MXII or MXIII.

Like I said earlier, ask over on OZ BMX. They may be able to help with the serial number.

I've started a thread for you...

http://ozbmx.com.au/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1230483869/0

;)

i will do ASAP.thks

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  i need help to identify this REDLINE model/year

gfxgfx
gfx gfx