gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 03:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Retro profile cranks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Retro profile cranks  (Read 4268 times)

thecrooch

Re: Retro profile cranks
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2009, 09:26 PM »
at least you arent like paypal - gave me 1.41 this afternoon cheeky fookers...

Rooonga

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2009, 09:46 PM »
And don't forget the import duty!!

Rooonga

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2009, 03:38 PM »
Thieving barstewards!

Got the following by email:

Thank you for your enquiry.

I am sorry that we have not delivered your parcel to you and I can appreciate how disappointing it can be when a parcel does not arrive as expected.  In this instance, we have not delivered your parcel because a Customs charges payment is required of £21.31 before it can be released for delivery.

Most annoying thing its supposed to be 48 hour delivery, but I don't even have the reference number to be able to pay it. By the time I get the letter it'll have been in the UK a week! Then they'll bloody deliver it in another 48 hrs. (If I'm lucky!)

Grrrrrr

moley

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2009, 03:44 PM »
Rooonga!!  was that a ParcelForce email?

Parcel force always send a letter asking for the customs payment!!

They used to just turn up at your door and ask for money but not these days!!

If you then pay on-line then it gets delivered next day (I think)!!

But I bet it adds a few days waiting for the letter to get processed and delivered!!  :(

I forgot to add!!

If your customs charge is £21 then your be charged more than that!!

You'll get a handling charge on top if its Parcel Force!!  :(

£21 is still pretty cheap on something worth more than 200 dabs though!!  :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 03:47 PM by moley »

gossa

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2009, 05:45 PM »
269.00 GBP = 395.445 USD
United Kingdom Pounds    United States Dollars 
1 GBP = 1.47006 USD   1 USD = 0.680246 GBP

By my calculations, it's still cheaper getting them from my site at the moment.  I only have 180mm American and Euro BB's in stock now.

$284.99, plus $39.99 shipping is $324.98

324.98 USD = 221.159 GBP
United States Dollars    United Kingdom Pounds

Plus import duty and VAT makes them £266 and if you get hit with the post office admin fee than they could be even more expensive than the UK SRP of £269.

Of course Ed, if you want to ship stuff without declaring the correct value then that is your perogative but it is against UK laws for the recipient not to pay duty and VAT on the true value, and that is thier risk.

I am a bicycle retailer (but I don't sell BMX stuff) and even though I respect the fact that you are just trying to make a living like the rest of us, shipping stuff with a lower value or as a gift to avoid or lower the duties isn't really fair against the retailers here in the UK who at the moment can probably be very competitive with US retailers because of the exchange rates.

However these cranks will also be subject to availability issues and you will no doubt have better inventory levels than UK retailers so I'm sure you'll do very well selling them to UK customers Ed as you have been involved with the project.

I don't want to open a whole can of worms here Ed, I know you are a well respected retailer but please also consider the Profile distributor here who has invested heavily in supporting the product with warranty and spares backup here, he has to make a margin to stay in business too.

It would also be nice to choose your cranks as a buyer, if i went into alans and was offered a set with the shockingly bad chrome, i'd ask to see or for him to get another set.

Just my 2p....

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2009, 01:17 AM »
I paid my customs charge (£21.31) over the phone today (Tuesday) so I should get them on Wednesday.  I was probably one of the first from the UK to put a deposit down on these, so I think I paid under £160 including postage and customs charges.  A lot cheaper than they would cost now.  In saying that, I could have got twin pinch Redlines for half the price but as it's for a replica it had to be the Profiles.  Ah well, nearly there.  I will post pics as soon as I have them fitted to the 'Goose.  I hope they're good ones.  I'm really looking forward to getting back on the 'Goose again  :smitten:

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2009, 08:14 AM »
Don't forget that unless you pay the import duty for these within 7 working days they 'often' (not always) send them back to the original sender.

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2009, 09:25 AM »

just got my Profile Crankset...

must say - i am NOT impressed !!  >:(

finish is not good, with some pitting under the chrome on both arms, chrome is grainy and no where as good quality as I expected.

not sure what to do as it'll be a lot of hassle to return them ?

PROFILE !! get to the back of the class !!  :tickedoff:  :uglystupid2:

also, I thought they were quality checked at Colored tuffs also ? If they were, then the expected standard for this stuff has really dropped !  :buck2:

MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Rooonga

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2009, 09:48 AM »
Just got mine this minute - to be honest I'm not happy either.

The arms have several pits on the underside and you can see dents where they've been over polished in a few spots - prob caused by careless welding that they've had to cover up.

Under the chrome I can see lines as if they were polished with sandpaper inmstead of a proper polishing wheel.

Really dunno what the plan will be from here on. I might contact profile Europe and see what they say about it.

Guess it depends on what Ed says.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Go through Ed I would, then get them suckers to pay for a re-chrome and polish over here and get it done properly. Be a hassle sending them back etc... really sorry to hear that you guys have had problems with such a top name like Profile  :-[

Rooonga

« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2009, 11:26 AM »
Click the pics for a better quality version.

A few pics to show how mine are, and to see what you all think...

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2009, 11:39 AM »
oooooooooooo  ???

They should be called 'Wrigley Cranks'

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2009, 04:55 PM »
by the looks of things, Same as the ones I fitted.......

As I said earlier, I run profiles on all my bikes, I love em.  I have bought properly used sets off Lazychubs and Mcnulty, both sets were refurbed are still in use and are great quality. these fooking things are awful, I take on board the point they make about using the original process's and that is great on paper. I still say that these have been made in a rushed fashion as they had peoples money and needed to turn em round quickly and with little thought for the customer, cos it seems more are unhappy than happy, which means they got it wrong, no debate.

As for putting faith in them and riding....er no, not with those welds.

If these had 2 sets of QC then its even worse than I thought

rant over.

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

gossa

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2009, 08:17 PM »
Alright, most people seem to be unhappy so just get them rechromed?  I get cranks done at the place that used to do Rickman and MRD and they don't charge a lot.

I compared my rechromed OS profiles with the new old ones and the difference really is incredible.

Rooonga

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2009, 08:49 PM »
Yeh I was chatting with Matt earlier, and said about getting a re-chrome, but why should we have to when they are brand spanking new?

I recon if they did a half decent job of the polishing before sending them off for chroming they'd be almost perfect and I wouldn't have been bothered about the odd dimple here and there. But it really does look like they've been polished with sandpaper!

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2009, 09:14 PM »
Yeh I was chatting with Matt earlier, and said about getting a re-chrome, but why should we have to when they are brand spanking new?

I recon if they did a half decent job of the polishing before sending them off for chroming they'd be almost perfect and I wouldn't have been bothered about the odd dimple here and there. But it really does look like they've been polished with sandpaper!

exactly !

you wouldn't buy a  new car and get it resprayed (at you're own cost! even if it was cheap) cos the paint job was crap, eh !
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

gossa

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2009, 08:16 AM »

exactly !

you wouldn't buy a  new car and get it resprayed (at you're own cost! even if it was cheap) cos the paint job was crap, eh !

Oh I agree completely but it's less than £20 to get a cracking chrome job here so as most of you imported them from the usa cheap, you've saved money anyway so if you aint happy, get them chromed and you're still quids in...

munners

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2009, 08:24 AM »
Is there anyway that you could make these look like the real Gen2 profiles or are they completely different? I know they are date stamped. I need some original Gen 2's. :'(

gossa

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2009, 08:37 AM »
Is there anyway that you could make these look like the real Gen2 profiles or are they completely different? I know they are date stamped. I need some original Gen 2's. :'(

Quite a different shape mate, wait for the right ones,i had to and haven't regretted it.

munners

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2009, 08:38 AM »
 ;)

Rooonga

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2009, 08:49 AM »
Quite a different shape mate, wait for the right ones,i had to and haven't regretted it.

Are they?

Bloody hell - they said they used all the same jigs, tools, parts and everything.

Thought the only difference was the serial number on the back.

Can someone show this idiot (me) what the differences are please?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 10:05 AM by Rooonga »

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2009, 09:57 AM »

Are they?

Bloody hell - they said they used all the same jis, tools, parts and everything.

Thought the only difference was the serial number on the back.

Can someone show this idiot (me) what the differences are please?

look like Gen 2's to me......? can't see the difference, apart from the serial no. as Paul says....,
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Rooonga

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2009, 10:04 AM »
LOL - I just had a look through and cant tell the difference.

dialledbikes

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2009, 10:07 AM »
I might contact profile Europe and see what they say about it.

Unfortunately Paul, as great as the guys at Profile Europe are, it's nowt to do with them as they didn't import/sell the cranks.  It's between you, Colored Tuffs and Profile Racing.

Rooonga

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2009, 10:15 AM »
Cheers Mike,

Profile Europe are looking into it on my behalf already - same company and all that...

(Also they are a TOP bunch of blokes!)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Retro profile cranks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx