gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 06:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Its official silver membership it is
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Its official silver membership it is  (Read 5201 times)

Moschops

Its official silver membership it is
« on: December 23, 2008, 11:06 PM »
This statement is taken from commission minutes:

•   The requirement for all riders competing in regional events will be a minimum of Silver membership

So no more dad's on bronze with a provisional, anyone want to buy an MX20?  >:(

darkersomeday

Re: Its official silver membership it is
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:13 AM »
bmx racing is fooked. :LolLolLolLol:

silver member?

what, like you've got to have a solid silver penis to be able to race? ;D

scrutineering would be funny, :LolLolLolLol:

"sorry sir, you will not be allowed to race today, you penis is clearly plated,

the IFCUKUPBMX rules state the only SOLID silver penises will be allowed to race from now on" :LolLolLolLol:

seriously though,

why is it that the people that DONT even ride have been allowed to make a complete fooking mess of bmx racing since day one?

its always some power hungry old fooking board or commitee pounding out rules and regulations that just fook it up,

i tell you openly,
this is THE exact reason the bmx racing is a dead dodo,

it stopped being fun years ago.

tbh it'll get to the point where it wont  even be BMX anymore and it'll die,

clips,
suspension,
gears,

surely you get my point,

or you will the next time some officious, grey haired old race paed telling you

"you cant race, even though you drove 2 hours to get here"

what a load of shit. :buck2:

darkersomeday

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 01:22 AM »
commission minutes:

just imagine a phrase like that being used in N/S freestyle bmx :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

gold MEMBERship = you pay shit loads of money and get a free badge and can race at any meeting you want, you might even get a smile from the ORGANizers!

silver MEMBERship = you pay a bit less and might be able to race if you suck-up enough and look middle class, NO badge though.

bronze MEMBERship = you pay a fair amount and cant race, well , you might get to ride round the track at the end, again, NO  badge and certainly NO smile.

:LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 01:25 AM by darkersomeday »

kdubbmx

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 05:54 PM »
What is Bronze membership for then anyway? Seems you cant race with it?????

moley

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 06:34 PM »
Bronze Memberships entitles you to race chavs, little kids on 3 wheel scooters and stray dogs on the road outside your house!!

..................And ONLY the road outside you house!!

What is Bronze membership for then anyway? Seems you cant race with it?????

It seems the BCF want you to have 3rd Party Insurance Cover when racing to cover their own arses!!

Thats why the Silver Membership!!  :(

We've been discussing this topic for a while in the OS Section!!

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=74275.msg786164#new

Trying to figure out exactly whats going on.

You dont need a Full Racing License but you need a Silver Membership!  If thats the case then a Silver Membership gives you a FREE Provisional Racing License.  Bronze Membership also gives you a FREE Provisional Racing License.   So after all this discussion we deduce that the BCF want all riders to have 3rd Party Insurance as that is the only benefit of Silver Membership over Bronze!!  :(

kdubbmx

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 08:56 PM »
Dont think that a silver licence will mean the BCF will help you at all if you muller yourself, my mate badly broke his leg/knee RACING a BCF sanctioned event in june 06.

After about 10 operations (& being told the only hope was to amputate several times), so its pretty bad, hasnt been able to work since, BCF said sorry we cant do anything to help you financially at all as you didnt have GOLD membership!!!! (small print)  :(

mr.magoo

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 10:07 AM »
thats crap, bitd when you got your UKBMX lisence you used to get a little flyer in it telling you what the rates of compo were for loss of limb etc, and the insurance covered you away from tracks too, as long as the accident happend whilst on your bike you were covered........

so if that s their stance on big issues like that why are we even having a debate on what lisence to hold....fook 'em....i was all up for a silver lisence till i read that, cos i thought insurance would be the same as UKBMX bitd.

so basically even though i'm not a happy chappy, i've still gotta spend out for me and my lad if we wanna race regional next year
but get nowt in return :wtf:

moley

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 09:04 PM »
Silver is 3rd party Insurance cover not 1st party!!

Its to cover someone you injure and will cover your legal bills when the sue you!!

The Gold cover covers personal injury and it isn't very good either.   

Gold Member

Personal Accident Insurance

Personal Accident insurance cover is provided for all Gold members aged between 5 and 75 years. This is an additional form of insurance cover providing death, permanent disability and hospital benefits.

Gold members are covered for non-competitive, social, leisure and utility cycling and also competitive cycling in events held under the auspices of British Cycling. Gold members are also covered whilst participating in competitive events held under the auspices of other cycling organisations whose rules and regulations (including Event Safety Guidelines) are acceptable to British Cycling. (Cover includes direct travel to and from any venue for the purposes of participating in an approved event.)

Silver & Bronze members do not benefit from personal accident insurance.

Benefits:

Permanent disability - £50,000
Total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one or both eyes - £50,000
Loss of one or both limbs - £50,000
Total and permanent loss of hearing in one ear - £12,500
Total and permanent loss of hearing in both ears - £50,000
Total and permanent loss of speech - £50,000
Death - £7,500 (£5,000 for under 16 and 71-75 years old)
Hospital cash benefit - £25 for each complete 24 hour period up to a maximum £750.
Conditions:

Permanent disability defined as "any and every" occupation
Includes use of power cycles (not registered for road use) or dernys
Excludes:
- professional cycling
- occupational use, tool of trade
- temporary or partial disablement
Age limit: 5 to 75 year olds
Benefits limited to £5,000 max. for members aged 71-75 yrs
Geographical limit - worldwide subject to a maximum of 21-days outside UK
All claims to be reported within 5 working days and independent evidence required that the cycle has been involved in an accident.
Whilst we are unable to provide this additional cover to members aged over 75 years and under 5 years, it is very important to remember that members' liability insurance cover is still provided to ALL Gold and Silver members without age restriction.

Silver and Gold Member

Liability Insurance For Members AT FAULT

Third Party (Public) Liability Insurance is provided by British Cycling's insurers to Silver and Gold members who are normally resident in the United Kingdom and find themselves wholly or partly responsible for an incident whilst riding or wheeling their cycle.

Examples of third party claims against members >>>

If you are involved in an incident that was (or is alleged to have been) your fault or partly your fault your insurance cover indemnifies you in respect of a successful third party claim made against you to a limit of £10 million and you will not be liable for the payment of any insurance 'excess'. This essential member insurance covers non-competitive, social, leisure and utility cycling and also competitive cycling in events held under the auspices of British Cycling.

Silver and Gold members are also covered whilst participating in competitive events held under the auspices of other cycling organisations whose rules and regulations (including Event Safety Guidelines) are acceptable to British Cycling.

Motor Pacers holding Silver or Gold membership and a valid and appropriate British Cycling Motor Pacing licence are also covered whilst driving derny or pacing motors up to a maximum of 125cc. Drivers of motor pacing machines over 125cc must apply to British Cycling headquarters for insurance cover.

The following organisations, as at 30/11/05, promote competitive events under rules and regulations (including Event Safety Guidelines) that are acceptable to British Cycling:

Scottish Cyclists' Union
Welsh Cycling Union
Northern Ireland Cycling Federation
CTT (Cycling Time Trials)
WCRA (Womens Cycle Racing Association)
BSCA (British Schools Cycling Association)
BUSA (British Universities Sports Association)
UCI affiliated National Governing Bodies
Members wishing to check whether or not their individual insurance cover extends to a competitive event held under the auspices of another cycling organisation should contact Membership Services on 0161 274 2010.

Other Cycling Organisations

Before participating in competitive events organised by other cycling organisations members are strongly advised to consult the event organiser with regard to the existence and extent of liability insurance cover provided for all riders and officials. Whilst members may be covered under the organiser’s insurance arrangements they should be aware that some cycling organisations and promoters of competitive cycling events provide a significantly lower level of indemnity for their riders and officials and also that, where the member is at fault or partly at fault for a cycling incident, the member may be required to pay a substantial 'excess'.

Members are also reminded that some cycling organisations may only arrange 'contingent' liability insurance cover for their event, which means that their policy will only provide cover in the absence of any other insurance policy. Under these circumstances any other insurance cover that the member or participant may have will be at risk.

British Cycling’s member liability insurance is arranged on a 'primary specific' basis - which means that a claim will not be referred to any other insurance policy that our members may have**.

It is important to note that the insurance covers your legal liability and legal costs and expenses in the event of negligence only and does not cover deliberate acts. Exclusions include: business use and the following 'member to member' claims:

One competitor against another in a cycle race or time trial
Any liability directly or indirectly caused to a Member’s immediate family arising from either social or competitive cycling events
Claims against members who are not resident in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, or the Channel Islands

** members travelling to the USA or Canada must have appropriate travel insurance

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 11:40 AM »
If I got my Bronze last May , do I re-new to Silver in May this year

or can I not race O/S class as it starts from the beginning of 2009

Do I upgrade now or May in other words ?

moley

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 11:48 AM »
Dont upgrade now Dubber!!

Winter Series is FREE to all!!

No license and no memberships!!

Dont buy one until they beg for it!!  :daumenhoch:

I will have a word with them at Crewe and ask about the price hike for the summer series!!  ;)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 11:56 AM »
then we just race when they are not there, summer only. no license,no gate, piece of string start :LolLolLolLol:
ding dong

moley

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 12:01 PM »
We could race on a Practice day!!

Then we get use of the gate!!   :LolLolLolLol:

proclass35

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 03:12 PM »
Moley, for as long as I'm doing the gate at Preston you're welcome to do that! We could do with a few more oldschoolers down on a saturday....and you could have as long a break as you want between races for bacon butties and cups of tea!

moley

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 12:16 AM »
...............bacon butties and cups of tea!

Stop trying to seduce me!! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 09:47 AM »
Permanent disability - £50,000
Total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one or both eyes - £50,000
Loss of one or both limbs - £50,000
Total and permanent loss of hearing in one ear - £12,500
Total and permanent loss of hearing in both ears - £50,000
Total and permanent loss of speech - £50,000
Death - £7,500 (£5,000 for under 16 and 71-75 years old)

so gold membership is needed to cover you from sanmarco then?  :LolLolLolLol: :2funny: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 09:50 AM »
a smaller % rise in membership and an additional couple of quid per race would/should be the way to go, thet really havent thought it through and its annoying as fook, they are fookin their selves up as well as the riders, short sightedness is fookn great, innit? stoopid c*nts!

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 11:42 AM »
Maybe R Al , Diggler and me should get Platinum cover for ourselves  :-X

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 02:33 PM »
 ::)

I will have you know that I am comprehensively covered by CICA for all eventualities................thank god  :crazy2:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 05:31 PM »
Chain Incident Crash Association  ???
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

keep it lit!

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 05:34 PM »
Chain Incident Crash Association  ???

mint  ;)

keep it lit!

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 05:37 PM »

Coz I Crash Alot  :D

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2008, 05:47 PM »
 ;D
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 10:01 AM »

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 10:05 AM »
  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 10:30 AM »
so how much is the silver membership? and am i right in thinking I won't be able to race in any of the OS races without it?  if so there could be a Hyper Metro up for sale!  >:(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Its official silver membership it is

gfxgfx
gfx gfx