gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 07:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  angry and pissed off
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: angry and pissed off  (Read 3016 times)

moley

Re: angry and pissed off
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2008, 08:55 PM »
Wait for your response!!

If he doesn't reply in a few days or you can't settle it amicably then open it up to the 'People Forum',  so Name and Shame him!!

It doesn't really matter who this guy is or how long he's been on RAD!!

Even If Rombloke or Stodgy sold me a F+F and the Forks were bent then I'd name and shame him, if we didn't get it sorted amicably!!

No one has the right to sell you shoddy goods and get away it scot free and say they didn't know about it!!!

Thats such a lame excuse!!

I hope everything turns out okay in the end!!  :daumenhoch:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2008, 08:59 PM »
end of the day they were bent

dont care wat anyone syas

if they cant tell there bent ,,,they need geggs

r

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2008, 11:04 PM »
lee got a set of akisus or the standing gear copies you can borrow if you come stuck mate :)
very kind mate,   its not a massive urgency now ive used the expert forks, i will swap them over when i manage to find another set... havent heard anymore but its christmas so will hang on a while, cheers all...

aditup 2234

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2008, 12:38 AM »
"RAG AND BONE"
Thats the only use for them.
Do they look like they have been bent in "use" or just badly produced.
Worthless either way!
Ad  :daumenhoch:

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2008, 08:47 AM »
I think £25 would be a fair refund but then your still left with a Frame and no Forks.

yeah, 25 should cover the cost of a re chrome too.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2008, 12:40 PM »
you should be prepared to send it all back though. Maybe the seller didn't know. trial by media is not the way forward. Do your deal with the seller, but if he offers you a refund for the whole kit then that's his option too. You don't really get to pick and choose what you ant out the complete deal just because you've posted your complaint on here before you've sorted everything out. i could imagine missing that the forks were bent being bent that way, after all you didn't notice untill you came to build it more so untill you put a wheel in. maybe the package was squashed in transit. We're jumping the gun here a bit. Not sticking up for anybody, including you. Time for the seller to say his piece me thinks. Where are the pics of the built up bike before you bought it, you should be able to see if the wheel is c0cked over to one side easy enough. We shouldn't pass judgement with half a story.

merry christmas :)
ding dong

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2008, 12:43 PM »
oh, and don't be afraid to say who it is, it's up to him to defend himself. Hopefully it won't decend into a shitty arsed slanging match but get sorted like 2 adults.
ding dong

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2008, 01:25 PM »
i pm,d him offering to send it all back , not a problem , he offered a tenner to cover the forks, i am waiting a response after pming him again....

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2008, 01:34 PM »
oh, and don't be afraid to say who it is, it's up to him to defend himself. Hopefully it won't decend into a shitty arsed slanging match but get sorted like 2 adults.

deffo , must have knew they were bent when built , sorry for negativity but this kinda shite shouldn't happen on here , cant see how he can defend himself sending em out them like that

eamonn

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2008, 03:33 PM »
Just logged on i sold this frame and forks

I bought it from Dave Villa a few months ago it came intact as a frame and forks with head set i didnt strip it an rebuild it i put a set of wheels.stem ect on it it seemed fine i didnt notice the forks were bent because it i did i would have mentioned this in my post

i am not out to mislead or rip anyone off some of you have bought stuff off me at a fair price and hopefully been happy with  the items
judging by feed back this is the case

i sold this frame forks  unknowly bent headset crank bb and a nos snowflake chainring  and full set of decals for £58 after postage

you kept pm ing me re frame and wanted it for f@uck all truth be told

send me it  ALL back and i will refund you
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 04:05 PM by eamonn »

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2008, 08:45 PM »
thanks for the response eamonn, £75 minus the £9 on the postage label equates to 66 in my estimation, little too late to return now as its been given to my lad for xmas ,but wish you,d said that when i offered to return the lot the other day and you kindly offered me 10 quid, any how, im gonna draw a line under it and live and learn, i can not see how it was so unnoticable,merry xmas

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2008, 08:51 PM »
TBH looking at that pic, its looks like a friday afternoon job to me, just seems as if no jig was used, check the right hand fork leg weld compared to the left, looks on the piss to me?

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2008, 09:08 PM »
TBH looking at that pic, its looks like a friday afternoon job to me, just seems as if no jig was used, check the right hand fork leg weld compared to the left, looks on the piss to me?
theyve definately taken a whack at some point, look at the gap either side of the wheel, its unrideable, that would have never got through quality control, 

moley

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2008, 09:26 PM »
Eamonn has offered a refund!!  :)

Theres no denying the forks are fooked!!

I know Eamonn and he's a good lad!!

And he's not the sort to screw someone over for a small amount of money (or a large amount of money either)!!  Life is too short for that!!

You knew that returning the F+F was a possible option so its up to you to decide!!

If you decide to keep it then this deal is sorted!!  :daumenhoch:

What with MADD DOGG's and stfc sour deals over the last few days,  it pays to make your descriptions accurate and list any flaws too. Check your goods thoroughly before they are despatched.  Make sure you have recent piccys when you sell, epecially if its a rider.

They might come in handy if your goods get damaged in transit or if there is some mud slinging after the deal!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2008, 12:42 AM »
just file the left hand dropout as you look at it in that last pic, that will level up the holes. no biggy and make sure the dropouts are straight first, they look pretty bent from here. looks like a shitty production fault.
ding dong

moley

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2008, 11:43 AM »
just file the left hand dropout as you look at it in that last pic, that will level up the holes. no biggy and make sure the dropouts are straight first, they look pretty bent from here. looks like a shitty production fault.

Nah, that wouldn't work!!

The Steerer tube isn't parallel to the forks so it will always be off!!

If you get the wheel to sit in the forks correctly then it would not be perpendicular to the ground (it will spin at an angle).

:(

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2008, 11:48 AM »
just get it square with the steerer and use a couple of washers. i reckon a bit of hand bending wouldn't go a miss either before you start. they're not that strong.
ding dong

moley

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2008, 11:58 AM »
I thought you were an engineer or summat!!

How would that help?

You'll never get them to look right until the steerer is aligned to the forks!!

Best bet is to find a building site.

Locate a scaffold tower with some scaffold tubing sticking horizontally out and put ya steerer tube in it (BTW I haven't a clue whether they'd fit in/over a scaffold pole)!!

Then hang off one of the forks until it bends back into shape!!

You might have to do some proper swinging about (ape stylee) or use one of your fat mates to get them to bend!!

Hey presto, job done!!

All of the above is a joke BTW!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Until the steerer is Parallel to the forks then any other mod is unwarranted!!

Thats the first step as thats what rotates the forks!

If you can't rotate the forks evenly all the way around then you wont be able to ride it properly!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2008, 12:22 PM »
steerer needs to be paralell with the wheel. the fork legs have got f all to do with it. I am an engineer. And if you attack them with a scaffold tube, you will probably kink the forks and then can file them under B for bin. A 3 to 4 foot piece of tubing with a bore just big enough to pass over the dropout and some packing between fork leg and tube, then gentle pressure, no swinging on it. I reckon i would start by trying to get the trolly jack between the fork legs and prize them open a tad. Or, a reversible clamp to open them up.
ding dong

moley

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2008, 02:38 PM »
steerer needs to be paralell with the wheel. the fork legs have got f all to do with it. I am an engineer. And if you attack them with a scaffold tube, you will probably kink the forks and then can file them under B for bin. A 3 to 4 foot piece of tubing with a bore just big enough to pass over the dropout and some packing between fork leg and tube, then gentle pressure, no swinging on it. I reckon i would start by trying to get the trolly jack between the fork legs and prize them open a tad. Or, a reversible clamp to open them up.

I was joking about the scaffold!!!   :crazy2:

The steerer does need to be parallel with the wheel!!

But it also should be aligned with the steerer otherwise it will be offset!!

IMO!, No amount of washers on one side will get that alignment!!

The forks are just too far out of whack!!

I used my BB Cup press to prise open some forks by putting the big washers on the outside with the nuts/handles on the inside.   It worked a treat!!

Once one arm is correctly positioned then you can try bending the other one towards the good un!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2008, 06:07 PM »
too much hassle, id bin em, or ebay on the usa site,, :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2008, 07:51 PM »
true, i'd just send it all back. fooked is fooked.
ding dong

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2008, 07:56 PM »
Right hand fork leg (as you look at that pic) needs to come outwards a fair way, then the wheel can be spaced to the centre of its opening, hopefully directly under the steerer.

I seem to recall doing this A LOT with oldschool stuff.

It does look bloody awful.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2008, 08:03 PM »
it's not very pleasing to the eye :crazy2: but it can be sorted. it cost you almost nothing so have a go. you can always replace the forks if you bungle the job.
ding dong

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2008, 08:47 PM »
they are bent from the side and the top tube threaded section is leaning to the opposite side, i think it would be a mission to get them straight, i just cant see how it could be missed in the 1st place.......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  angry and pissed off

gfxgfx
gfx gfx