gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The worst bike/product youve ever owned!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The worst bike/product youve ever owned!  (Read 2879 times)

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
Re: The worst bike/product youve ever owned!
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2008, 08:12 PM »
uni seats, snapped 2 and tried superglueing them back to the post, never worked, mushroom copies just mashed up your hands :2gunsfiring_v1:

sweetbeats

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2008, 09:14 PM »
Mushroom copies yup they totally sucked. ;)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2008, 10:31 PM »
I know my old man loves Redlines but i couldn't fookin stand em, had to ride the pile of shite for the year i was on the team and hated every minute of it :tickedoff:

I am with you on this Nik, had a Redline... hated it. 

This is also going to upset some, but when I rode for GT I thought the GT 24" was a complete pile of ****.  Couldn't ride it, everything felt wrong.  Easily one of the worst bikes I ever rode.  Fortunately GT let me use my Curtis cruiser and re-sticker it.

teamsano

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2008, 10:47 PM »
odyssey pitbull=just didnt work

s+m prince albert cranks=lasted 2 weeks

2nd gen taiwan hutch stem=top came away from shaft

db harry leary cranks=bent under the frame after a crash

shimano dx pedals=severly overrated

taiwan made hutch pro frame+forks=worst product of all time!

brake plate snapped off, seat tube snapped off above the tt, headtube + bb flared, back end bent, forks bent severly and expanded inside the steerer tube from tightening my stem, all in the space of 3 months!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2008, 09:20 AM »
So true about the Pitbull.  Stick a pitbull and gyro on your bike and you had no chance.....

I fcuked around wih mine for weeks and weeks to get some sort of decent brake   ::)

spillers#1

« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2008, 09:22 AM »
Old skool bmx

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2008, 11:33 AM »

Better to crash and burn than fade away

karlos100

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2008, 03:37 PM »
I had a torker back in the late 80's/early 90's..now nothing wrong with the bike at all until i snapped the frame but it had a gold araya on the front and a black skyway on the rear. The skyway on the rear used to shat its bearings regular and i was forever buying axle repair kits for it. i must have constantly done it wrong when repairing it but you could guarantee id be 10 miles from home when the crunching started! That said skyways are still my fave round thing!! :smitten: i just hated that particular ally hubbed pain in the  :Aresehole:

M5AT

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2008, 04:30 PM »
Tech 2's-
Nearly killed me sen once going down some stairs which came out on to a main road-
Me arse was over the back tyre going down the steep steps, & I couldn't reach the brake levers, so at the bottom of the stairs I just went straight across the main road, luckly it was 1982 & there wernt much traffic back then.

Tange Lock Nuts-
Took a 4 inch strip of shin flesh off on the sharp bits, attempting a fancy knee on stem endo.

Claims Direct would have done good business in the early 80's.

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2008, 04:59 PM »
acorn mags ( the really thin ones ) that flexed by just sitting on ya bike, im 36 now n 11 stone, so at 14 , they were wonk!!
 retro sealed hub conversion for metal hubbed skyways, utter twonk, bolts freed themselves every half mile!!
my brand new gt performer ff,( made in taiwan i think) arrived all twisted as tho no jig was used , brake bridge welded bout 2 inches to high, gt stamp upside down on the end of the tt, no paint in areas, took 6 weeks for 'mud machine' to replace it after me dad threatened to drive down there and do nasty things to him and his shop :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The worst bike/product youve ever owned!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx