gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 05:09 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Who didn't you like bitd
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Who didn't you like bitd  (Read 7468 times)

radders

Re: Who didn't you like bitd
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2009, 05:24 PM »
I know I could be a bit of an arse at times, but we were all angst ridden teenagers.

I didnt really dislike anyone though, no hang on, Tabron he was an annoying little so and so.

Andy Brown used to make me laugh, because he always seemed like such a tightly wound coil ready to go off, which he would do more often than not, particularly if you ever cut him up on a ramp  ;D But I never disliked him for it.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2009, 09:00 PM »
Bloody hell.....  Howard Radcliffe!!

Where you been hiding boy?

Happy New Year and all that   :daumenhoch:

mike pardon

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2009, 12:41 PM »
Mike Pardon , Craig burrows and Godfrey Burke and others ( Anals team members) for taking the piss out of a little kid and his team murray at chorley BMX track early 80's. But I showed you, you set of c+nts.
Hey grow up and more inportantly get over it.

moomin

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2009, 05:41 PM »
cant remember the birds name, she raced BB, ginger fooker and just a plain dirty rider, took me out in a moto at Runneymede nice sliced knee that needed stitching but i wasn't going anywhere except back for the next race where she exited at the end of the 1st berm in spectacular fashion after i "accidently" rode into her  :LolLolLolLol:

Just remembered the birds name, Jane Hibbert, if i remember correctly she is a big old butch lesbian, that figures  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2009, 11:48 AM »
Found it very difficult to get on with John Dye, back in the 90s. He definitely thought I was an idiot, which I get a lot so I can't criticise his judge of character.
I think you definitely had to be in his peer group or clique of like-minded individuals. Bit sneery, but I'm a sarcastic & occasionally fractious git so there may have been a personality clash.
But I saw him at Rom a couple of times recently and all seemed well. Water, bridges, growing up etc.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2009, 04:58 PM »
"sarcastic and occasionally fractious git"

What a lovely turn of phrase, I must remember to use that myself   :daumenhoch:

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2009, 05:18 PM »
the fookin arseholes that bought on the demise of derby skatepark! the dickheads that worked there toward the end used to charge people on thier bike spec and how tall the seatpost was. all cool as fook part of the bicycle union entourage! the bicycle union lot were sound, just the clingers on that pissed me off

rosscoe

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2009, 08:31 PM »
the fookin arseholes that bought on the demise of derby skatepark! the dickheads that worked there toward the end used to charge people on thier bike spec and how tall the seatpost was. all cool as fook part of the bicycle union entourage! the bicycle union lot were sound, just the clingers on that pissed me off

thats a very interesting subject matey..........

union

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2009, 07:49 AM »
damn wayne,i never knew that! and it wasnt true either-remember i was quite young then-so could have been rude at times? but honestly didnt think that,and we probably only hung out 4 or 5 times if memory serves?will a 20 year old "sorry" be ok?

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2009, 09:12 AM »
damn wayne,i never knew that! and it wasnt true either-remember i was quite young then-so could have been rude at times? but honestly didnt think that,and we probably only hung out 4 or 5 times if memory serves?will a 20 year old "sorry" be ok?

Nice one John  :LolLolLolLol:

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2009, 11:05 AM »

No need for apologies, matey, and there's no hatchet to bury. Just telling it like I saw it at the time, not now.
We never argued or anything, it just always felt like we weren't on quite the same wavelength. For 'didn't like bitd', read 'didn't quite gel with bitd'. Nothing personal at all; like you said, you were younger than me so I probably saw what I'd been like a few years before. I have moments of Meldrew these days, but I'm nowhere near the loose cannon I was at 17.

christhejob

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2009, 11:31 AM »
hindsight is great isn't it?? 
i quite like being old.  apart from hurting all the time (and that's with barely riding)
it just makes me chuckle that a lot of us now sit there clucking at the youth of today and their bmx follies..
we were just as bad then..  i mean, i think i threw a football at congy midrun at backyard once.. what a dick! (me that is)

SaMAlex

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2009, 11:40 AM »
i think i threw a football at congy midrun at backyard once.

Cong has had worse thrown at him on a backyard weekend  :-X
Do you think anyone really knew at the time just how Hard Cong is? (he did kick boxing for many years)  :buck2:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2009, 12:28 PM »
You're joking right?  I wouldn't mess with him!  Some people have an air of power or control or summat about them and I always got that from Cong. That said, when we did speak (not often really) he was always cool and the gang.

DJ

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2009, 12:45 PM »
Always thought he was a tosser.... Loved it when he bailed a 5 @ Radlands, bike landed on the deck & hit Prattman who duly picked it up & launched it from the top of the vert ramp!  :LolLolLolLol:

christhejob

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2009, 03:00 PM »
cong was the model of restraint!

was anyone else at the steve jackson leigh on sea jam when jackson came out with the immortal line
"he's a dick but we all love him, it's ratman!" (to dini kennedy in his run)
i did chuckle.......

SaMAlex

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2009, 03:04 PM »
was anyone else at the steve jackson leigh on sea jam when jackson came out with the immortal line
"he's a dick but we all love him, it's ratman!" (to dini kennedy in his run)
i did chuckle.......

I was, and I had totaly forgoten about that line. What a beaut!
Ive been talking to Dini quite a bit lately, and guess what ...... ?

jedi

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2009, 05:56 PM »
never did nor do i now let peoples attitudes get me down  :)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2009, 06:16 PM »
never did nor do i now let peoples attitudes get me down  :)

:daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

DJ

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2009, 01:22 PM »
Ratcatcher!!!

Chris do you not remember he turned up a year or so back at tUrban Games or Bike Show & was just talking shhhhh?

jedi

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2009, 01:23 PM »
congs a geeezer

christhejob

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2009, 06:28 PM »
Ratcatcher!!!

Chris do you not remember he turned up a year or so back at tUrban Games or Bike Show & was just talking shhhhh?

oh god yes i do deej, i was trying to put it out of my mind!!

Guillotte

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2009, 04:23 AM »
Ok. I didn't like who John Baron became. Tramps who positioned themselves in front of the MW2 quarters were also an annoyance. Angry when he unleashed on me (otherwise he was cool). That one chick in Chicago who denied me a three-way just because the extra was her stepmom. The dude who freaked out because my boy James accidentally knocked over his motorbike whilst obviously intoxicated. Micki Conti. And to this day, I despise average looking women who have somehow been convinced that they are gorgeous.  And there are far too many of the afore-mentioned females. Best bet is to play along, take advantage, then leave them with an unflattering polaroid and a suicide note reflecting upon the horror of waking up next to a pregnant, harpooned Orca with google-eye. The stories I could tell...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Who didn't you like bitd

gfxgfx
gfx gfx