gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The first time....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The first time....  (Read 1129 times)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
The first time....
« on: December 22, 2008, 06:44 PM »
Can you remember the first time you
a] saw a trick you wanted to do

and then
b] managed to do it?

I remember wqatching Rad and seeing Cru Jones do that smooth floating 360 out of that garden pool... and I was obsessed with 360' ever after -
then I remebrr finally , at Mortonhampstead bmx track in about 1991 finally pulling one, and it felt amazing - for me it was like pulling the impossible, a full rotation, I know it seem lame by todays standards but a 360 to me will always feel and look amazing. Happy days!

Guillotte

Re: The first time....
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 06:55 PM »
there are a few including no handers and 540's. but it took me FOREVER to finally get lookdowns normal.

lodge

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 06:59 PM »
For me other than jumping it has to be the front hop, I remember preston and pardon doing them at a demo in carlisle, It wasn't easy for me to learn them as I was so young/small but I firstly learnt to do around three with both my feet on the frame top tube, I then learn't them with my bars spun 180 and my hands inverted (seriously they are so easy this way) not long after I had them dialled, in circles etc like AR used to do, BITD they were a compulsory trick in early freestyle comps UKBFA, Holeshot etc.

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 06:10 AM »
For me other than jumping it has to be the front hop, I remember preston and pardon doing them at a demo in carlisle, It wasn't easy for me to learn them as I was so young/small but I firstly learnt to do around three

please don't tell me you could do them when you were three?

I'm 37 and still can't do them :LolLolLolLol:

for me has to be the cherrypicker..or a old school drop in.. I can still remember the first time i did a  drop in. It felt like comitting suicide. I was shaking afterwards when I "survived" :LolLolLolLol:
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 01:11 PM »
rock-walk[without using front brake},practiced for ages outside my house and when i pulled it my auntie{who i fancied} walked past at the same time,i though i might get feel out of it

evamedia

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 06:48 PM »
....I pull a tailwhip, I'll let you know  ;D

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 06:55 PM »
Smooth brakeless Rock Walks was one I loved and spent many hours getting them down super smooth. It was after watch Sir Bob do them this way I just had to get them.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 07:11 PM »
i though i might get feel out of it

Good lad, I assume you didn't get the feel though. I always wanted a feel off my auntie Yana (Jane)
, but alas, She was always too busy with the band she was in (sigue sigue sputnik) to give me an adolescent portion  :(

I cant do tricks

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

telelogic

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Sounds crap I know,

But saw a kid do a curb endo while I was out shopping with my mum. (summer 82) It blew my sodding mind :D

from that moment on I lived and breathed BMX for the next 3 years!

I'd still like to beat the hell out of the guy that stole my bike :knuppel2:

Broggie

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 06:09 PM »
For me it has to be riding my sisters bike down the garden path without smashing my balls into the concrete clothes pole when crashing at the foot of the garden and ending up in hospital  :LolLolLolLol:

(I was very small, the bike was very big in comparison, the seat was halfway up my back and I had to reach up to the handlesbars as if I was reaching for apehangers....I wobbled a lot too  :'( )

Ray.

potstu

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 08:29 PM »
I think it was called a no-handed cowboy, or something like that. When i saw it I just had to have a go, nailed it after 20 mins, just seem to balance for ages then could never pull it off after that  :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The first time....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx