gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 08:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  revcore
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: revcore  (Read 15843 times)

mike fraser

revcore
« on: December 21, 2008, 11:36 AM »
with my bro having his old school zeronine and starting to race it again i got the bug to get a old school. i was looking out for a powerlite pro at first but spotted russ selling the revcore so thought thats even better.

frame and forks:- Revcore

wheels:- Ukia areo 1.5 rims with suzzie sealed hubs

cranks:- redline twin pinch, profile BB, knight spider and sugino chain wheel

stem:- powerlite

bars:- GT (got gt pro old school comming)

grips:- AME

seat clamp:- GT

brake:- 901

hope yoy like guys and would like to say a big thanks to russ, kenny and to JTsmooth for the wheels

see you all next sunday

mike

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: revcore
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 11:37 AM »
lush and great attention to the build   :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 11:43 AM »
Very nice that.. ;)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 05:39 PM »
tiz nice, ive just raced mine today, great riders, great frames :daumenhoch: your gonna enjoy using that :)

BMXpert

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 07:13 PM »
Always loved the Revcores. First memory of them was seeing Gossa on one at Ipswich, all factoried up in the JT pants and MM Race Sirt.
Ive got a Revcore stem going if youre interested ;)

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 07:05 AM »
Looks like a nice race tool  :daumenhoch:
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 07:39 AM »
Fresh looking build that Mike  :daumenhoch:

What tyres are you runing on that then ?

Nick

magna13

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 10:49 AM »
Very nice build :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

baldbmxer

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 09:53 PM »
Looks nice Mike

Loving them pads  :smitten:

dan-dare

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 09:54 PM »
Flying machine. :daumenhoch:

gossa

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 11:14 PM »
Always loved the Revcores. First memory of them was seeing Gossa on one at Ipswich, all factoried up in the JT pants and MM Race Sirt.

What little ole me? Lovely them revcores......If you ever win the Lottery i'll sell you a Revcore Factory rider jersey and some one off custom Zeronine Revcore pants....

mike fraser

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 08:56 AM »

pm me you phone number

mike fraser

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 03:36 PM »

What little ole me? Lovely them revcores......If you ever win the Lottery i'll sell you a Revcore Factory rider jersey and some one off custom Zeronine Revcore pants....

well lucky me won £10 on saturday lol

clive if you do have any revcore bits that you are willing to sell just let me know as they will go to a good home as you could ask sean boyle

gossa

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 10:27 PM »
Mike, I have my two factory rider jerseys, my JT pants plus two pairs of custom made Zeronine Revcore pants but it all has so much sentimental value that I probably wouldn't part with it mate. Sean speaks very highly of all you guys.

mike fraser

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 07:10 AM »
hey clive its cool mate as i wish i had kept my old stuff. but can i ask you one thing though clive, is a red zeronine still rare as a good friend up here still has his red zeronine and its mint.

gossa

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 09:59 PM »
hey clive its cool mate as i wish i had kept my old stuff. but can i ask you one thing though clive, is a red zeronine still rare as a good friend up here still has his red zeronine and its mint.

Yep rare but pretty crap.  The red ones were made in Taiwan and were nowhere near as good as the US built ones.  I had a turquiose one and bent the rear end sideways coming out of the gate at the Worlds in Orlando 87.  My black rebuild is a Taiwanese one but with the US made first gen graphics, if a US made one came up for grabs I would really like one, as well as a Revcore Pro XL of course!

kevin rettie

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Never came across revcore bitd, had a blast on Mikes today at Clydebank and it is the nuts! Geometry felt spot on - not too long, not too short.

How much do F&F go for?

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 10:32 PM »
Never came across revcore bitd, had a blast on Mikes today at Clydebank and it is the nuts! Geometry felt spot on - not too long, not too short.

How much do F&F go for?

It's not the price that's the issue...  it's finding one that causes the problem ;)
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

gossa

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 10:50 PM »

How much do F&F go for?

Revcore was owned by Roger Worsham who previously owned CW but the company folded and Revcore rose from the ashes in 1987. The name was used from the CW 'Revcore' hub (get it? Rev - core, hub?) and the frames were made in California and very nice quality, the defining feature is the reinforcing sleeve around the seat tube.  The company made hubs, pedals, stems, bars and seatposts.

In 1987 Charles Townsend won the ABA National Number 1 pro title on Revcore but didn't get a lot of publicity as CW owed Wizard Pubs (BMXA mag) a lot of money when they folded.

Revcore were imported by Hot Wheels.

A F&F doesn't fetch big money but tehy don't come up that often.

Somewhere in the World exists a special one off frame made by Revcore for me, it's an XL with double dropouts a la S&M (two dropouts welded together). Now that would be nice to track down.........

mike fraser

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 07:22 AM »
thanks clive on the info about revcore, i`m glad you liked the revcore kev and its a keeper for me sorry mate

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 06:16 PM »
really nice revcore frame n forks are below the £200 mark, the hubs n stems n bars fetch good money tho n the peds can out price framesets hands down

frdavid

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 08:58 PM »

Yep rare but pretty crap.  The red ones were made in Taiwan and were nowhere near as good as the US built ones.  I had a turquiose one and bent the rear end sideways coming out of the gate at the Worlds in Orlando 87.  My black rebuild is a Taiwanese one but with the US made first gen graphics, if a US made one came up for grabs I would really like one, as well as a Revcore Pro XL of course!

nice decals  ::)

gossa

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 08:49 PM »
Cheers for the heads up on the cruiser Mike, i'll keep an eye on it!

Watch out for Revcore pedals, they weren't that great, the pedal cage bolts were pretty small and used to fall out from new, they need to be loc-tighted in.

FRdavid, are you the guy that has the artwork for these decals too?  Could you send it to me as I had my brother in law design these and tehy are not quite perfect, would like to compare if you can do it? clivegosling@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks guys

mike fraser

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 07:43 PM »
Very nice!  Always liked Revcore - as I said in my last post in another thread! 

cheers glen

like to add got a revcore stem on its way just need a set of crupi pedals and some bullseye hubs now

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  revcore

gfxgfx
gfx gfx