gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  This is for Alex, my son.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: This is for Alex, my son.  (Read 1243 times)

Guillotte

This is for Alex, my son.
« on: October 06, 2008, 07:58 AM »
My 3 year old boy is getting this in a week. I'm poor as FUG but I cut down on smoking  and boozing to save for him. Sweet, sweet Haro...

http://bikestoponline.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=1818

EDIT: Spelled the second sweet as swwet. Carry on  :LolLolLolLol: Also, I'm going with the charcoal color because my Heist is grey.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 02:01 AM by Guillotte »

rosscoe

Re: This is for Alex
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 11:56 AM »
cool, my lads got an ealier version, spec is probably better than some of the stuff we rode in the 80s......

Linus27

Re: This is for Alex
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 12:00 PM »
Great little bike and good on ya for sacrificing some stuff so he can get it. I am getting my little boy a GT Mach One Jnr this week.

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: This is for Alex, my son.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 09:05 AM »
He'll be well stoked with that  :daumenhoch: Been looking for a  16" wheeler for my Daughter, that Haro's another One to add to the "maybe" list!
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Guillotte

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 03:50 AM »
K, forget that cuz it never happened. Decided to go with a 2008 Hoffman Scarab (army green). Only Hoffman can deliver top quality. L'il Alex is gonna be stoked on Christmas.

Timmeh

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 11:42 AM »
Good for you mate!

I had to do with a $hitty Puch Invader made from depleted uranium tubes and cast iron rims when I was a nipper...your kid will be so proud of you and chuffed to bits!

Happy Christmas to you and your family Guilotte!

telelogic

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 05:34 PM »
he's a lucky boy.

nice work dude :daumenhoch:

lodge

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 06:51 PM »
Nice one Greg, must be so special giving your kid his first bmx. :daumenhoch:

Sean 2000

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 03:29 PM »
Hey Greg, hope you and your son have a great christmas mate.

Ive got my son an SE "lil ripper", cant wait to see his face as its a complete suprise. (and its baby blue like my floval)
He asked for a scalextric set, but i want him to be active not sitting indoors playing games etc.

So this coming year we are going to be doing a lot of riding together.  :daumenhoch:

nee

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 02:23 AM »
We bought our son (6) a Mongoose Pit Crew, which is a 16", earlier this year, and although he has ridden it a few times he's had to go back to his non-bmx for a bit as the thing is just so damn heavy for him.
Plus the cranks are almost full size....so that when sitting and pedalling his knees are up near his ears. I know bmxers dont usually use the seat, but he's not very good at standing and pedalling yet.
I was gutted as you can imagine!!

Hopefully next year he'll be ok on it.

Guillotte

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 02:28 AM »
Thx for X-mas wishes and YES, I cannot wait to give this to Alex Christmas morning. Got the bike yesterday but they accidentally sent an 18 inch front wheel. Getting the new wheel tomorrow. One day shipping FTW! I'll take pics and see if we can get a Christmas thread going =). I'll take more pics in a few months when Alex is doing nothing tailwhip frontflips. At the age of 4.  ;D

Seriously though, hope everyone is well and you all enjoy a most excellent holiday season.

Sean 2000

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 11:05 AM »
We bought our son (6) a Mongoose Pit Crew, which is a 16", earlier this year, and although he has ridden it a few times he's had to go back to his non-bmx for a bit as the thing is just so damn heavy for him.
Plus the cranks are almost full size....so that when sitting and pedalling his knees are up near his ears. I know bmxers dont usually use the seat, but he's not very good at standing and pedalling yet.
I was gutted as you can imagine!!

Hopefully next year he'll be ok on it.

Thats exactly why i decided to get the "lil ripper", i figured it being an ali frame would make it easier for him to get to grips with. It weighs 20lb all in  :daumenhoch:

I know its really a race bike, but whats stopping him from riding park on it? It didnt stop us when thats all we had.  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  This is for Alex, my son.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx