gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 03, 2024, 05:10 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Will you be riding 10 years from now?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Will you be riding 10 years from now?  (Read 2304 times)

bmxer4ever

Re: Will you be riding 10 years from now?
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2008, 06:07 PM »
You know. I missed a trick here....
The answer is...

WHAT'S MY SCREEN NAME??!!

:LolLolLolLol:

teamsano

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008, 09:04 PM »
I can't imagine giving up riding......

just look back a couple of years ago, when you had no bike. i'd class that as giving up.

unless you're 'riding', you're not riding.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2008, 09:43 PM »
I can't imagine giving up riding......

just look back a couple of years ago, when you had no bike. i'd class that as giving up.

unless you're 'riding', you're not riding.

About 7 or 8 years ago, my bike (MRD as you well know), which I had just had totally customised and spent all my money on, was stolen from my flat.
I then had to save up for nearly a year to buy my Micromachine, so sorry GoGo, but you can F UCK right off with THAT little snidey comment.

G

P.S. I was interviewed on Border TV that same year, riding a borrowed bike, so not only are you insulting, you're misinformed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 02:27 PM by bmxer4ever »

Guillotte

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 02:34 AM »
Hopefully with Viagara I'll be riding 'til the ol' ticker gives out. >_>

nee

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 02:37 AM »
Deffo still be riding in 10 years time!

Does anyone on here get comments from parents or whatever?

It's quite a small community here and all the parents at my sons school know that i still ride bmx and think it's great :)  I get a lot of questions from them about it and they always seem genuinely interested.
The local kids at the park are amazed when you say how old you are...but i'd like to think it crushes peoples perceptions of "being old"...as i remember being a kid and thinking that by the time i was 25 i would be too old for bmxing!

Actually i remember seeing a really old bloke on a bmx here when we first moved to Aus...
He must have easily been in his 60's....was on a mid school bike with 4 pegs....and a seat even higher than mine! Not seen him since though!

teamsano

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008, 07:20 PM »
I then had to save up for nearly a year to buy my Micromachine, so sorry GoGo, but you can F UCK right off with THAT little snidey comment.

G

P.S. I was interviewed on Border TV that same year, riding a borrowed bike, so not only are you insulting, you're misinformed.

no, im calling you out on this.

if you're a rider that rides and wants to ride a lot, it doesnt take you a year to save for a new bike. you would beg steal or borrow parts to get you up and running. thats just the sign of being lazy, spending money on boozing and holidays.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2008, 08:22 PM »

G

if you're a rider that rides and wants to ride a lot, it doesnt take you a year to save for a new bike. you would beg steal or borrow parts to get you up and running. thats just the sign of being lazy, spending money on boozing and holidays

'Calling me out on this'....................?????
Why?
What's the point in this?
Seriously - what is the point?

You definetly would have had a valid point through the eighties and into the nineties when I was still on the scene and competing a lot - beg, borrow or steal was the order of the day to keep riding.
Since then though, I, like many others have been trying to find my way to a career of some kind which naturally means less concentration on riding.
That doesn't mean that I gave up riding. I just did less of it.
I certainly don't have anything to prove (to you or anyone else) as far as bmxing is concerned.

This is just supposed to be a light hearted thread asking if we'll still be on our bikes in 10 years.
I answered honestly and said that I thought I would be.
What exactly is your problem with that?

Sometimes Gordon, you just bewilder me.

G

oldschool rider

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2008, 07:18 PM »
If my body permits it then yes, When I started riding back in 80's I used to always think how cool it would be for me when I'm a pensioner to grab a kids bike and do a wheel balance on it. 

bmxer4ever

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2008, 10:01 PM »

G

if you're a rider that rides and wants to ride a lot, it doesnt take you a year to save for a new bike. you would beg steal or borrow parts to get you up and running. thats just the sign of being lazy, spending money on boozing and holidays.

Just looked again at what you said there and had to laugh.

Boozing? Are you kidding me on?!
Team Sano founded their 'reputation' on it!!!  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Nothing like being a complete hypocrite when you're insulting me GoGo...........

I await your next reply with baited, alcohol laden breath.......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Will you be riding 10 years from now?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx