gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 09:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  bmx clubs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bmx clubs  (Read 600 times)

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
bmx clubs
« on: December 19, 2008, 10:29 PM »
is there any clubs around the birmingham area where i could maybe take myself to have a crack at old school racing(or just any sort of old bugger racing)and my son could train to learn it with children his age(6),i do work away a bit so this could throw a spanner in best laid plans,but i would really appreciate any info,cheers  :daumenhoch:
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: bmx clubs
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 09:05 AM »
sorry mate but Birmingham is a black hole at the moment, nearest tracks will be Lemington spa, telford, hereford

Perry park is going to be rebuilt and also Redditch but not soon

I live in worcester and have to travel to bristol for a half decent track or theres Bullwell in Nottingham

For old school racing you need to go up the M6 to Preston, Coppull, Manchester, see Moley for info in that area

steve Beech TA

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 09:32 AM »

Hi Stu

was going to tell you on monday, but the new track in Derby is good and on a thursday they do lessons my  lad goes he is 6, i think it was 25 notes for the year and they have all the kit needed if you need a ride and there good little bike's think they are little mini rippers. 5-6 lessons then till about 8 for a ride around with the gate. in the winter months they use a local school and do basic riding skills.

have not been for a while as i have been working >:(

it would be a bit of a trek from brum though

hope this helps mate :daumenhoch:

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 09:58 AM »
se-bmxer,bit of a poor showing from brum isnt it,i was hoping there might be something going on at birmingham wheels,cheers for the info.Steve ,the set up in derby sounds excellent,just that its in derby,thanks for letting me know anyhow

b45t4rd

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 10:20 AM »
It looks like a regional track, whatever that means, will be built on Billeslley common first before Perry Park is started. Who knows when tho, info is very hard to find >:(

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 10:53 AM »
 alright vestan pance,is there nothing coming from the council about the track at billesley common?do you know if the track that was over northfield way is still around,was it shennley park

sweetbeats

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 11:12 AM »
Looks like we will have to build our own round the arcadian son :-\
My bike will be shit to race its like a tank..that's my excuse anyway :P

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 11:18 AM »
id be better off running around a bmx track

b45t4rd

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 11:21 AM »
Senneleys Park is still there but not ridable :(

C0cksmoors is still there but lethal, housebricks poking through the surface R.I.P. :'(

As SEbmxer says we live in a void. If you need a bit of track time just to stretch your legs or get back into it try Cookley just outside kidderminster, if your south B'ham.
Nuneaton has a 4 man track, or try Leamington for more of a challenge(if your like me youneed to build up to the new tracks like Derby) :LolLolLolLol:

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 11:26 AM »
cheers for the info vestan pance,i forgot about cocksmoors,looks like its up and down the garden for me then,i might pop up birmingham wheels later just for a nose  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Crewe shouldn't be too bad to get to,  its only 50 odd miles away!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Its being re-built but should be ready to ride mid/late Jan 2009 in time for the regional.  Its being rebuilt to tame it.   :shocked:

I think its floodlit so night practice should be okay over the winter!  :daumenhoch:

Get yourself to Crewe on Jan 18th and check it out!!

Theres also a Skatepark to mess around on!!  :daumenhoch:

50 miles is about as close as my nearest BMX track!!  :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  bmx clubs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx