gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 04:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  help!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: help!!!!!  (Read 573 times)

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
help!!!!!
« on: December 16, 2008, 09:59 AM »
Hello all and Seasons Greetings! :daumenhoch:
I have the opportunity to by a DiamondBack Reactor Single Pinch 3piece Crank, lovely condition.
The question i need help with is will this crank fit my 84 DiamondBack Pacer?????
Any help appreciated ;).

thecrooch

Re: help!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 10:16 AM »
its the bottom bracket that fits to the frame not the cranks, so presuming that frame has an american BB (ie push in cups and bearings) and you have that with the cranks itll be fine.

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:21 AM »
Thx mate, guess i should have pointed oput the fact the the craknk come with the bottom bracket which are push in cups and bearings! :uglystupid2: thanks for clearing that up though?
Any idea wot era there cranks could be? late 80's ?

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 10:23 AM »
There is one on ebay at the moment, but I have been wondering about its bottom bracket.  It looks as though it has had the bearings knocked out of the cups to make a mid set up.  

If it isn't the one on ebay and it is complete then it should fit as the Reactor and Pacer used a 'normal' US bottom bracket.

thecrooch

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 10:27 AM »
must admit ive never heard of them, but only by name, got any pics?  (I think i know the ones you are talking about though) and mid 80's would seem about right.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 10:27 AM »

Any idea wot era there cranks could be? late 80's ?

Reactors came out around 95.

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 10:34 AM »
There is one on ebay at the moment, but I have been wondering about its bottom bracket.  It looks as though it has had the bearings knocked out of the cups to make a mid set up.  

If it isn't the one on ebay and it is complete then it should fit as the Reactor and Pacer used a 'normal' US bottom bracket.

Thats the one matie.....not to big a job to convert back to the original set though is it?

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 11:08 AM »
I am not 1000% sure that the bearings have been popped out of the cups, just looks that way.  However replacement cups will set you back about a tenner.

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 11:22 AM »
Thx stidds i guess alans would be the place to head, unless you have any kicking about???

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 11:23 AM »
I would wait to see if they are definately missing the cups and then if they are put a want ad on this site to see if anyone has any they do not need.

Other than that search, search, search...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  help!!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx