gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 10:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  dylon for tuffs??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dylon for tuffs??  (Read 463 times)

mogsta

dylon for tuffs??
« on: December 16, 2008, 10:52 AM »
Can anybody tell me is dylon suitable for tying tuffs? I have some yellow ones which need a spruce up and found two kinds of dylon in the shop. One for machines and one for hand dying.(Not dying your hands but dying the wheels by hand). I am going to restore them back to yellow but dont know if dylon will do the job and if it does work which one do i use and how much? If i do them and it goes wrong i will embark on a random killing spree with automatic weapons and hand grenades.(disclaimer- to any law enforcement officers reading this the previous statement is intended only to convey my anger and dissapointment should the restoration of said tuffs go wrong in any way. I reserve the right to say i am only kidding and can confirm that no such killing spree will take place. This does not affect your statutory rights.)

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: dylon for tuffs??
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 11:04 AM »
Don't know about the Dylon man but I'm loving the Disclaimer!!! :uglystupid2:

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 11:50 AM »
You need the Multipurpose Dylon dye below, hot water and lots of salt  :daumenhoch:

mogsta

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 01:02 PM »
Can i get the tablets " In all good hardware stores" or do you have to get them online?  How many tablets will it take to do 2 tuffs? Thanks for the tip. Iv'e seen boxes of dylon powder and sachets for dying by hand but not the multipurpose tablets that you show here.

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 01:18 PM »
You can still get them from any high street haberdashery or craft shop  ;)

I used 2 tins for a set of tuffs. Check out the sticky here for more info:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=17050.0

mogsta

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 01:31 PM »
Thanks for that phantom. That definetley helps. Just hope the wd40 doesnt make my brakes no good as they are going to be riders.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  dylon for tuffs??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx