gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 06:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  tinkering
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: tinkering  (Read 1007 times)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
tinkering
« on: December 12, 2008, 07:31 PM »

never happy with this build. for some reason i'm not feeling the ripper no matter what i put on it. everything is still loose. I'm thinking it's gonna have to be skyways.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 07:34 PM by J.T.RACING »
ding dong

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: tinkering
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 07:32 PM »
i got a build like that ,sometimes its just a matter of time till it just happens.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 08:32 PM »
I'm knowing one thing ! , your legs ain't long enough to ride that ffs  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 08:35 PM »
FFS, i ain't jamming the post down just yet. needs a re-chrome first. It's a troxel so it's a keeper.
ding dong

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 09:24 PM »

is that a torker stem ?

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 10:18 PM »
i say junk the comp pools as freestyle rides only i say .comp 3 all the way .looks good in black
no1stuntmaster on instagram

bmxbert

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 12:00 AM »
i agree those tyres are not right for the build
sweet tyres though :smitten:

i think a blue set of comp 3s or maybe a new set of black comp 3s with the white lettering

steve Beech TA

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 07:46 AM »

Hi Sir JT

I know how you feel, i have a GT Pro and having the same problem always wonted one in chrome and red, but now i have it, its not quite right for some reason :(
i have tried tweaking the colour of the odd part here and there to balance the colour but it aint doing it for me.

I can see what your aiming to achieve :daumenhoch: , there are loads of black and gold one's built. For what my opinion is worth and as we all say there like ass holes everyone has one, but it might be worth puting silver or polished bits on to replace the blue one's with a chrome crank on her as it will enhance the baby blue decals. At the mo it could be the closeness of the blues thats not tickling your danglies. those parts on a baby blue frame would look awesome.

There again it would be changing the hole scheme so what do i know, so leaving as is polished or chrome spokes will even out the chrome bars and seat post on her

Hope i aint piddling on your flame mate just giving a set of eyes to help the love. and giving a fresh ass hole  ;)

I think i will have to put my GT up for some :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 09:14 AM »
Too many shades of blue for me; swap out the decals for another colour, maybe chrome on the frame and black on the forks.  Deffo ditch the Comp Pools, not right with a race spec'd bike unless you are planning on racing at Earls Court sometime soon  :D

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 10:12 AM »

think i may be able to help you out and find a use for them cranks

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 11:56 AM »
nah, black and blue all the way. too many black gold. too many all done before's. Them stickers look very wrong with a flash, they are much more subtle than that. Them tyres rock, but i aint putting race tyres on as it aint for racing, fook, it has a front brake too. It's my stealth ripper, they won't here me coming on the pool tyres. ;D
it's more that i can't be arsed with a pk ripper. it's gone from must have to who cares, and it pisses me off.

yes pete, that is a torker six bolt stem ;) and NOS dx's.
ding dong

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 12:42 PM »

john

fook em its your bike do what you want with it, wait till you see my ripper  :D radman said my 5 yr old daughter could do better  :-\

Offline HARODAVE

• Rockwalk
  • the artist formerly known as DAVE3172 !!
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 08:23 PM »
I'm knowing one thing ! , your legs ain't long enough to ride that ffs  :LolLolLolLol:
   :2funny: iwas thinking that ..."how tall is he ?" ...Leave the spokes on ..chuck some blue tyres on.......Black grips ,blue cables ...sometimes the art of a good job is knowing when to stop  ;D
With Bacofoil and a Battering Ram !

trasher

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 10:05 PM »
a set of black skyways for me  :daumenhoch:

other than that ,,tis a sweet bike

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 11:07 PM »
   :2funny: iwas thinking that ..."how tall is he ?" ...Leave the spokes on ..chuck some blue tyres on.......Black grips ,blue cables ...sometimes the art of a good job is knowing when to stop  ;D

FFS,

bars and stem need a re-chrome. it's a tight fit so i just put the head in so it would stay erect.
ding dong

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 09:20 AM »
Forgot to add that I'd take as it is any day  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

chichi

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Hi JT,

Nice bike, if ya get real pissed at the build i will give you good readys for the calipers , crank and head set  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:.
Anyways mos def change them tryes , blue tryes and blue kashi and maybe some blue renthals........ 

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 04:07 PM »
Hi JT,

Nice bike, if ya get real pissed at the build i will give you good readys for the calipers , crank and head set  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:.
Anyways mos def change them tryes , blue tryes and blue kashi and maybe some blue renthals........ 

??? dump the powerwings, best place for wings is a ripper.(or a bird)
ding dong

chichi

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 07:00 PM »
Yeah JT them wings do look good , but not as good as these chicken ones on my plate mmmm :D

brettnai

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 08:38 PM »

I'm liking it mate, maybe too many blue bits going on though. Not sure the anno blue goes with the blue of the decals so maybe swop a few bits out for black or chrome?
Just a thought.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 10:27 PM »
that's the third person to say that, it's not an outfit and i'm not a bird. matching indeed.
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  tinkering

gfxgfx
gfx gfx