gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:00 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Oddessey Pitbull Lever?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Oddessey Pitbull Lever?  (Read 757 times)

mileyboy

Oddessey Pitbull Lever?
« on: December 13, 2008, 05:18 PM »
What the best brake lever to use with a Pitbull 1?
Ithankyew, miley

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Oddessey Pitbull Lever?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 11:14 PM »
I quite like a Tech 77 for the way it works.
Have no idea if it is period correct though...

thecrooch

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 11:21 PM »
depends what you are looking to do with it show or race?

tech 77 is the right era and probably the best OS lever out there.

I use a pitball on my OS racer and run a dia compe dirty harry as it pulls more cable.

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 11:25 PM »
This might be a daft question but do you need long fingers to pull a dirty harry?  I was put off when I saw the angle.

mileyboy

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 08:32 AM »
is tech 77 the one with the locking button-it's going on a bitsa/rider powerlite pro from about 84.

J Rolla

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 11:09 AM »
is tech 77 the one with the locking button-it's going on a bitsa/rider powerlite pro from about 84.

They don't all have locking buttons, if you don't think you would use that function you can just get standard ones. I recommend 77s in general, nice feeling good sized lever. I'm currently hooking one up to a Pitbull but haven't set it up yet so can't comment on compatibilty. Tech 77s and Pitbulls are both quite long after 84. But do you really care?

Edit: You can still buy Tech 77's new, not just on ebay either. Someone posted a link to a good site when I was asking about mine but I can't remember what it was. I got them privately in the end but it was cheap.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 11:12 AM by J Rolla »

mileyboy

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 11:30 AM »
the pitbull was actually destined for the rs2 I have-now that has a 901 on it and the pitbull is black and i got a the powerlite powdered matt black and have an odessey posi stop seat clamp to go on it.
I'd like to be all period correct but I'm saving that task for my Kuwahara KZ
then again it's all subject to change!

J Rolla

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 11:52 AM »
as far as I know the pitbull came out in 88. Pretty sure I saw it on a BMX timeline thing somewhere in the net in the last couple of months. The pic they showed was a pitbull 1 in blue. I'm not sure what year tech 77s date but I was under the impression it was early 90s.

I say use what looks good and works  ;)

mileyboy

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 12:28 PM »
this isnt a 77 is it?

I suspect it may be a DC 182  :uglystupid2:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 01:43 PM »
that should work fine, i love pitbull calipers :daumenhoch: dc mx101s (very very similar to your 182) work as well as any, i run them on 2 different bikes and all is good, also the pitbull levers work really well with them (as they should) i had a tech 3 on my assassin build and that worked spot on too, i know from ron b's builds that the tech 77s work spot on too and look a serious peice of kit, i kike em but never used them, the choice is yours dude, as long as the caliper is set up right then most levers will work as well as others :daumenhoch:

J Rolla

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 05:53 PM »
Ive got a pitbull and a new tech 77 lever, they work perfectly together.  Levers from here, also with free delivery on ALL orders!  http://www.pijin.co.uk    :daumenhoch:
that's the one  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 06:21 PM »
you can get pitbull specific levers, i had some a while back but sold them all and only right hand side ones, never seen a left.

but tech 77s are great, old, mid and new school, though i refer ACS levers on my mid school bikes, i run t he modern tech 77s on my new school.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Oddessey Pitbull Lever?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx