gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 01:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX Lows
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BMX Lows  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
BMX Lows
« on: December 10, 2008, 08:13 AM »
Is it just me or does everyone loose interest of this BMX hobby of ours every now and again?.... every year I get a few weeks where I cant be bothered with them, then it all comes back with a boom!

I know when I'm on a low when I haven't bought a BMX part for over a week!

torkertony

Re: BMX Lows
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 08:21 AM »
You sure it's not just this festive time Del?! Christmas low for me!  Not one present bought and only 2 weeks to go!  The only pressies I'm buying at the moment are BMX stuff!!  :idiot2:

JT71

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 08:22 AM »
Its the time of year Del I think, other things to spend the cash on.

However I'm now firmly in the riding not  building/collecting BMX group now, once you have your bike then riding is relatively cheap.

munners

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 08:25 AM »
You sure it's not just this festive time Del?! Christmas low for me!  Not one present bought and only 2 weeks to go!  The only pressies I'm buying at the moment are BMX stuff!!  :idiot2:

Buy my fookin GT then! :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Goes like that for me too Del.

I think i need to do a build that i can ride to start to get the enthuisiasm back.

lodge

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 08:32 AM »
I find riding is the key if you can keep the riding momentum going your obsessed with it, if you dont ride for a while you slowly start to loose interest until you ride again.

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 08:34 AM »
I dont think its the time of year, I dont really do Xmas so I dont buy many presents at all, just to immediate faimily, me and Gemma dont even buy each other xmas presents anymore (which is good)

I think you're right Joe, I want to ride my new school but the weather has been cack... wrong time of year to build a rider I guess. I have all the parts ready for another OS bike but cant be bothered to build it.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 09:58 AM »
I dont think its the time of year, I dont really do Xmas so I dont buy many presents at all, just to immediate faimily, me and Gemma dont even buy each other xmas presents anymore (which is good)

I think you're right Joe, I want to ride my new school but the weather has been cack... wrong time of year to build a rider I guess. I have all the parts ready for another OS bike but cant be bothered to build it.

del stop being a mental

if you cant find a indoor park to ride go ride down the shops for a choccy bar or have a go at manuals or hang 5's, its all about just being on ya bike, but i gotta agree with the old school, deffo bored with it, how much stuff do we need ? its all been done before, think it showed at the christmas bash with under 20 bikes

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 10:13 AM »

del stop being a mental

if you cant find a indoor park to ride go ride down the shops for a choccy bar or have a go at manuals or hang 5's, its all about just being on ya bike, but i gotta agree with the old school, deffo bored with it, how much stuff do we need ? its all been done before, think it showed at the christmas bash with under 20 bikes

what he said

munners

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 10:19 AM »
Fact is......if we all had spare cash and prices were lower then we would be buying parts and building bikes.

Parts are still expensive and people dont want to spend the money on stuff. Totally understand.

Most of us have now built our 'dream' bikes and are content with what we have got so we have no need to splash out like we did when we first started collecting.

Bargains are no longer around in OS BMX. You cant even go down the dump now without the workers knowing that old skool bikes are worth something now.

If i was to 'find'  a used PKRipper everytime i went to the dump and it would cost me £200 to kit it out, then i would be building bikes everyday. I wouldnt care. Thing is, to do a brilliant old skool build costs £800 once you fart around with it.

It has strangled itself. Demand created the prices and now it seems that there isnt such of a demand that everyone thinks. That is why you dont see alot of 'different' builds on here anymore.

Only my opinion.

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 11:36 AM »
ive just got back into all this after a 20 odd years lay off, so my enthusiasm level is sky high. Ive always had different hobbies, ranging from sports, doing graffiti, having tattoos, djing. you do get bored and when that happens its good to move onto something else. i havent been on my decks for a couple of months now after being on them everyday for years and spending a small fortune on records. but i know they will always be there to go back to, what im saying is it makes you a more interesting person if you do different things, try flower arranging or cake decorating youll soon get your enthusiasm for bmx back!! :daumenhoch:

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 11:43 AM »
I dont think its the money issue Nick, not for me anyway (not saying I'm loaded or anything), I just think a lot of us have built/own/owned the bikes we dreamed of BITD, If I bought another OS bike now it would just be for the sake of owning one.. not because I dreamed of owning it when I was a kid so the passion for that bike isnt as great... out of my collection I'd never part with 4 of them... actually make that 5

Timmeh

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 11:52 AM »
Local park is average but still fun, tracks and other parks are >30 miles away.

Cash for me too, gotta justify the spending to other breadwinner- we both need to work.

Regarding some of the replies here, I always wanted a Mongoose Californian with black pads.  Modest I know, but that was 'out of reach' to me at age 12, still is now!  I'm after a NS ride (still), have been for months but mi dosh has gotta go elsewhere.  I did build an OS bike, use it when I can but dark nights and arse weather

I think its normal to ebb & flow with any hobby, have a break for a few days and get back to it...

dialledbikes

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 01:06 PM »
Blame winter.

I always find winter bloody depressing.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 02:13 PM »
Blame winter.

I always find winter bloody depressing.

that aint good, winter bloody lasts 5 months nowadays

chromeOrange

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 02:42 PM »
Definitely agree with Quadrophenia earlier in this thread. Riding is the key surely. How many museum pieces do people wanna own, build and store...

Okay, I'm jealous....

But I love riding in winter. Had first ride on a cruiser I bought off another RAD member, last Saturday night: 1.5 miles, down hill all the way, varied terrain, pitch black, no lights (obviously), rear brake not set up yet, wore a hole in my trainers sole - not big and not clever - but f*****g exhilarating!

Mark.

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 06:47 PM »
del i am up and down all the time. finally got the vincent i always wanted and now i just cant think of a os build i want to do and have never had that problem before. i dont have a new school ride and have not rode a bmx in 20 years.lol

motomagII

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 06:51 PM »
im falling out of love with building the old school rides costs too much and i sit look at em when finished and they do nowt for me nomore .love finding parts and he build after that i dont care what happens to the ride.
i enjoy riding and racing thoug and wanna do more of that now .

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 06:56 PM »
no interest in the end result....................... just like the smell, the crusty texture of the important bit ?

do you want to buy some used Y fronts Greg  ???
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 08:11 PM »
i think it doesn't help as well with all the doom and gloom in the press etc with recession,job losses dark when you get up and dark when you get home
BRING ON MK09 :smitten:

steve Beech TA

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 06:33 AM »

i have not lost mine (surprisingly) at the moment, but i may do. I have just qualified as a nurse, and working now doing loads of hours grabbing the cash, so was well excited thinking that i would have been rolling in it despite this recession, buying loads of bits and bobs, but its not worked out like that >:(. i have had to take on some extra financial stresses (long story Parents :-X) so i am no better of now even though i am working. still got builds to finish my goose part wise is nearly complete just the wheels to get, but future builds will take a long time to do as i just wont have the spare cash >:( but ha ho. :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 10:18 AM »
Del I'm with you on this one mate, it goes in cycles with me also (no pun intended  ;D). I had a little break from Rad as I felt the old school scene was going nowhere and wasn't happy with the mood on the site, but after 3 weeks i'm back and ready to build again. I do now, own every bike I've ever dreamed of and seeing them everyday is a joy but riding them would be even better, I mean, that charity ride day out was awesome (although a bit short). I'm doing a Haro Master again at the moment and 1 more custom GT (which you know about). It'll come back Del mate but you need to be riding them too....  :)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 12:15 PM »
As a new dad three months ago (for the first time at 39 so not had a bad innings at partying!) I am finding that time is the real problem. I leave the house at 6am and get back at 8pm every work day if I'm lucky, so the weekends are just so precious to me now spending time with my daughter before she grows up too quick. I'm just hoping that she learns to ride a bike early so I can buy her some cool toys - she already has an 18" pit-bike and a 1983 Minigoose waiting for her. I nearly bought her the 16" Lil' Ripper that Stodgy had for sale too :2funny:

But seriously, I just can't find the time to even ride at the moment which is crap, as any of you that know me on here know I ride all of my bikes, including the Pro-Class I had at Creation last weekend. It was actually touch and go as to if I was even going to make it there to the Xmas bash, but thankfully I did as it was great. Problem is that I doubt I will get chance to take my fleet of o/s bikes for a spin now for a few months...... :'(

Like Paul said earlier, I can't wait for MK'09 or the next Creation novice night >:D

Spen
Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX Lows

gfxgfx
gfx gfx