gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Copy LG's 1" threaded V Real LG's 1" Threaded
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Copy LG's 1" threaded V Real LG's 1" Threaded  (Read 542 times)

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
Copy LG's 1" threaded V Real LG's 1" Threaded
« on: December 08, 2008, 11:13 AM »
I've got some, what I think are fake LG forks, they have three holes but I think they are copies...................does any one have any info or mesurments of real ones so I can compair.

I cannot post a photo at the mo becuase my camera is jiggered........

I've been given them by a bud who was having a clear out at his parents..............along with some other tasty bits  ;)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:24 AM by Peter J »
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Copy LG's 1" threaded V Real LG's 1" Threaded
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 11:35 AM »
Really LG's you can just tell but the quality of the welds but saying that Se also had bikes produced by Murray bikes and built some of the
worst examples of LG's for Se. ie: the Basher, they also built the Hauler and made a nice job of the LG's but still not perfect
Pictures would be easier

Usually most copies have 4 holes

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 11:39 AM »
Cheers Jai.........should have though of asking the organ grinder  :daumenhoch:

The welds look sweet enough I just thought the back cut on the bottom of the forks was too shallow.....(again I know photo's photo's are needed).........also there is no hole for the break..... :-\

I'm off go get a new camera this week..............my 19 month old daughter tried to feed it milk and shreddies at the weekend  :tickedoff: ......just like her mother............ :uglystupid2:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:43 AM by Peter J »
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Frosty

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 12:45 PM »
The early non-stamped LG's have a breath hole on the inside of the fork leg. I have a Hauler which is an SE bike but these had non-US made LG's that have a breath hole on the bologna cut see the test pic below (the hole can be seen at bottom of fork leg).

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Copy LG's 1" threaded V Real LG's 1" Threaded

gfxgfx
gfx gfx