gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 07:56 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  White decals
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: White decals  (Read 1215 times)

Nana

White decals
« on: January 29, 2006, 01:29 PM »
Been trying to make some ez bar decals and they come out tickity boo but without the white parts :-\ anyone any tips on how to get the white in ?

Im scanning an original and trying to copy them its for another member!

My printer prints all colours and im using the copying function in tranparency mode so whats the deal  :)

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: White decals
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 02:53 PM »
bet your printer does not have white ink , for white you need to screen em or use a special cartridge of white ink , but only fuk off expensive printers use additional colour carts

Rich :)

Nana

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Cheers rich :)

Well have did some research and :-\

You can use clear decal paper for most lettering. However, most printers or copiers do NOT print white except for the ALPS 5000 printer. If you are using ALPS and printing white with this printer then we suggest our blue decal laser paper (with clear coat) so that the white print will be easier to see on the blue background than on the white. The ALPS MD-5000 printer is compatible with our blank water-slide decal paper. It utilizes dry ink to print single colors or multiple combinations of white, gold, silver and many other colors. However, if you do not have an ALPS printer, you can use our "white" paper that may be used for all artworks that have a white color background. For printing and application please follow the same steps as above.

For white lettering / white artwork / white paper users:

In order to print the color "white" successfully you will either require an ALPS printer that has the ability to print opaque white, or our high performance WHITE DECAL PAPER. If you do not have an ALPS printer, do not worry; this alternative product is perfect for you. Now you can use our BEL INC white decal paper and get the same excellent results for all of your artworks that include the color white

Also read they have stoped making the alps printer ;D

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 10:22 PM »
paint a bit of the frame white.
I want to touch ORB

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 10:29 PM »
Paint the outline in tippex directly onto your eyes

Nana

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 10:49 PM »
ho ho crack the jokes now then ;D

did you guys know you can get a powder that turns the blue ink into white once printed ;)

Dont know why i botha always seem to answer stuff myself anyways  ;D think im here alone :-\

Nana

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 10:51 PM »
oh and p the feck s i also found the proper sealer to seal them decals up without applying them to the frame first but guess no one will be intrested ::)

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 10:53 PM »
Did someone say something  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Nana

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 11:16 PM »
 :rant: no billy  ;D just my sweaty sock sence of humour ;D

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 08:54 AM »
i was serious about the white paint. say for instance You need a white superfox lettering, on a black frame....

paint a wjite rectangle, then print the lettering clear, but with a black background, to cover up the unwanted bits of white...

ya get me?

wots this sealer nana? laquer seems to work ok....
I want to touch ORB

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  White decals

gfxgfx
gfx gfx