gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 01:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  what was your mecca?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: what was your mecca?  (Read 4821 times)

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: what was your mecca?
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 12:03 PM »
the track in redditch, spent most of time there bitd and now the new skatepark built next to where the track is/was.

andy619

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2006, 07:41 PM »
The Pipeline in Upland, Del Mar skatepark in San Diego and Mon's Ramp in Banbury.

RADHAB

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2006, 11:10 PM »
Mons was fecking Rad!!!!

andy619

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2006, 03:24 PM »
Mons was fecking Rad!!!!

Yes it was, I have some old pics from BITD, I just don't know how to download yet.  I think I still have some pics from a ramp jam at Chinford, the same day as the picture of Ramp Rat in his avatar.  I know I have one of Dean Rush's face slam.  I will try to post some soon. 

RADHAB

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2006, 08:15 AM »
Dean was brilliant at using his head to stop on the flat bottom, he did the same thing again at Chingford!! He is still as mad as that and now works as an artist.

dial8d

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2006, 11:53 PM »
Hounslow track, and Rom.

Every Saturday...use my paper round wages (all £5 of it), to get a 1 day travel card, and then get on the tube at Hounslow West, and do the 30 odd stops to Elm park.

Have a couple of quid left for a couple of hot dogs, couple of cans of coke....and whatever was left went in the Paperboy arcade game.

6 hours of riding later.....and riding up that hill to Elm Park was always a right killer !    :D

andy619

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2006, 06:14 AM »
Dean was brilliant at using his head to stop on the flat bottom, he did the same thing again at Chingford!! He is still as mad as that and now works as an artist.

this one is from Chingford.  :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2006, 09:44 AM »
How comes hes got all those pads on his elbows and knees but didn`t protect his head  :idiot2:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

andy619

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2006, 02:14 PM »
Maybe his helmet was new and he didn't want to sctrach it. ;D  I don't think any of us were wearing helmets for the first hour or so, until Dean spanked.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2006, 02:43 PM »
Andy I do believe this is you :

andy619

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2006, 03:58 PM »
Yep, that's me.  I just found that mag along with a bunch of old school pics about a week ago.  I found this site about 9 days ago.  funny coincedence.  Sooo...how many 20 year old mags do you have?  How have you been Billy?

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2006, 05:55 PM »
Got a few Andy, been trying to buy all the ones I thought I might have been in so you get a few extra  :idiot2:

Do you still ride ? I started again in August 03  after a 20 year lay-off and am really enjoying it, apart from the injuries that is  :crazy2:

I should think there are a fair few others that should know you on here, and now they know who you are perhaps they will chip in  :daumenhoch:

All the best

Billy

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2006, 06:05 PM »

well done bill i did think the same, always remember that front cover just loved that yellow performer. welcome aboard andy

andy619

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2006, 07:35 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.  I haven't riden since 1993.  I kinda got burned out and doing shows and competitions just weren't paying the bills, so I had to get a job. :'(  My future brother-in-law Mike Perenti (dirt jumper and street rider) gave me a Giant frame and fork and a bunch of other parts but I haven't put them together yet.  I would love to build a Pro-lite/Craig Campbell bike, my all-time favorite, to play around on.  I wish I never gave that frame and fork away.

Colin

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2006, 09:00 AM »
Back in the day I used to ride most nights down at the southbank 87-89 with Aju Bubu thats where I first met Andy Brown and all the other guys but we used to go to all the other london spots Chingford Meanwhile 1&2 Rom etc fun times.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  what was your mecca?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx