gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 11:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  chrimbo bash - just wondering on some opinions
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: chrimbo bash - just wondering on some opinions  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
chrimbo bash - just wondering on some opinions
« on: December 03, 2008, 02:25 PM »
now i'm treading carefully on this as i love everybody involved! i think!

well i'm chuffed to bits that there's a few legends in attendence this coming weekend, people i've watched ride since the day i started, plus a couple of new school lads that rule right now. however, whilst being stoked about this i also feel some what salted. now i know of several people on this forum that really want to ride on saturday night, people who are on here everyday and bring good times to the forum, unfortunately they can't ride due to 'limited number' of riding spaces yet more and more guests seem to be appearing on the list that will no doubt be bringing bikes.
i just feel a little aggreived for those that want to ride and can't, but 'special guests' being allowed to take up valuable deck room without actually bringing anything to the forum and its 'private party'.

and ffs can we get some metal coming out the speakers

reay900tap

Re: chrimbo bash - just wondering on some opinions
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 02:39 PM »

very well put phil

after seeing the size of the guest list i'm inclined to agree....
sorry

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 02:50 PM »

I totally hear you Phil, but I just looked at the guest list. There are about 15 people on there who will be riding, and at least half of them are massive users of RAD (remember, that does include mods & rockers owners). That makes about 6 riding guests who dont use the site.

That dont sound to bad does it?

(or is there another list somewhere else that I missed  :crazy2:)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 02:51 PM »

phils just grumpy

subversion

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 02:53 PM »
all fair comments me thinks Phil :daumenhoch: One thing that did cross my mind was some riders do get intimidated in the presence of 'greatness' (myself included) & I hope it doesn't have people standing on the sidelines feeling out gunned all night :-\

Apart from that, can we have a Mat Hoffman vert demo next year pleeeze Mr Stodgy :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:29 PM by subversion »

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 02:57 PM »
all fair comments me thinks Phil :daumenhoch: One thing that did cross my mind was some riders do get intimdated in the presence of 'greatness' (myself included) & I hope it doesn't have people standing on the sidelines feeling outgunned all night :-\

Apart from that, can we have a Mat Hoffman vert demo next year pleeeze Mr Stodgy :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

spot on

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 02:59 PM »
They are guests of ours to hopefully bring something a little special to the event - an extra treat for those who are coming.

We're just trying to inject something special for people who are riding...perhaps get some tips, chew the cud, whatever. These are good guys, ready to help not intimidate!

To confirm, here is the guest list:

- STODGY...NOT Riding
- GASHEAD DAD...NOT Riding
- Lil GASHEAD (AERO Build-Off)... Moderators Son Riding
- Lazychubbs + Bailey (S&S)... Moderator Riding
- S&M Alex... Moderator Riding
- JT71... Sponsor Riding
- PaulM... Team Member Riding
- VickyM... NOT Riding
- Rom Bloke... NOT Riding
- Billy Stupple... Owner Riding
- Billy BMX... Team Member Riding
- Issac (with Billy)... Guest of Team Member Riding
- SuperBikeDan... Guest of mine NOT Riding
- Jon Taylor... Guest Riding
- Stu Dawkins... Guest NOT Riding
- Toby Forte... Might not be coming, waiting to see.
- Dennis Wingham... Guest Riding
- Andy Petterson (DJ) NOT Riding
- Danny C (DJ) NOT Riding

Hope that clears things up.

Cheers
Dave

JT71

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 03:01 PM »
I get intimidated by being surrounded by the likes of Phil, Alex, Ian and Ray and I'm too scared to take my turn.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I might have a few turns on the mini but that'll be it....depending how my leg/foot are by then after a little incident at Corby last night.

ps. hey Stodgy don't forget I'm show n shining too. well, put me down for "show" cos I'm not polishing my entry...ever, it comes with the grime.

reay900tap

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 03:08 PM »
They are guests of ours to hopefully bring something a little special to the event - an extra treat for those who are coming.

We're just trying to inject something special for people who are riding...perhaps get some tips, chew the cud, whatever. These are good guys, ready to help not intimidate!

To confirm, here is the guest list:

- STODGY...NOT Riding
- GASHEAD DAD...NOT Riding
- Lil GASHEAD (AERO Build-Off)... Moderators Son Riding
- Lazychubbs + Bailey (S&S)... Moderator Riding
- S&M Alex... Moderator Riding
- JT71... Sponsor Riding
- PaulM... Team Member Riding
- VickyM... NOT Riding
- Rom Bloke... NOT Riding
- Billy Stupple... Owner Riding
- Billy BMX... Team Member Riding
- Issac (with Billy)... Guest of Team Member Riding
- SuperBikeDan... Guest of mine NOT Riding
- Jon Taylor... Guest Riding
- Stu Dawkins... Guest NOT Riding
- Toby Forte... Might not be coming, waiting to see.
- Dennis Wingham... Guest Riding
- Andy Petterson (DJ) NOT Riding
- Danny C (DJ) NOT Riding

Hope that clears things up.

Cheers
Dave

stodgy...

I do beleive there was a request from subversion that you did not address??

involving a demo next year....

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 03:09 PM »

What I would say is the riding list had spaces for some time after it was first posted, if these regular posters were so keen to ride and are such regular contributers to the site surely they would have seen the thread and should have got their names down.  :-\

Bru  :daumenhoch:

Gotta say that's a good point Phil , the Xmas do post was started Sept 10th .

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 03:15 PM »

stodgy...

LOL

We'll work on Mat for next time... you never know.

;)

JT71

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 03:17 PM »

stodgy...

LOL

We'll work on Mat for next time... you never know.

;)

Yeah he can autogrpah my Haro sport "aggroman"

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 03:21 PM »
So stick that in your pipe and smoke it Phil  :LolLolLolLol:

Anyway don`t we have a double drop-in on the vert to do  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

JT71

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 03:22 PM »
So stick that in your pipe and smoke it Phil  :LolLolLolLol:

Anyway don`t we have a double drop-in on the vert to do  :daumenhoch:

yeah man, both doing that old school drop in stylee. i love that.

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 03:22 PM »
i can see both sides of the coin. for me personally i like that some old faces i used to speak to will be there, i don't have much of a problem with it myself, i'll hang with anyone!

i did think of the intimidation factor too but didn't want to harp on too much. whether they're there to help or not some riders will feel intimidated to drop in infront of new/experienced faces. something we've been working on at novice nights for some time! just want everyone to have a good time. i know i will as i've scheduled a raping and a toe sucking off pete so mines guarranteed.

love you all! just thought the matter needed airing so saturday can be enjoyed

p.s. oh and not everyone on here is minted enough to pay up funds straight away, regardless how much it costs! just seems a little 'curved' to me. 'limited numbers' then 'guest riders' being added a week before the bash. maybe its midlands logic, i don't get you suverners sometimes!

p.p.s. we're on bill. i want a full size photo of that on my wall by christmas :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 03:24 PM »
p.p.s. we're on bill. i want a full size photo of that on my wall by christmas :daumenhoch: laminated so i can wipe it clean after.

:daumenhoch:

jedi

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 03:31 PM »
death stare him phil!!!

JT71

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 03:32 PM »
death stare him phil!!!

there had better be some death stare action next tuesday.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 03:33 PM »
The list has always been transparent - 'Mods, Sponsors and Guests' have always been in addition of the 'Riders' section, so this is nothing new. It was the same last year and the year before that - but those years I didn't put the guest list up on the thread.

Every event needs organisers (the Mods + a couple others including SuperBikeDan) and invariably there are going to be guests - in this case they are riders/people that members wouldn't normally get to talk to or see ride.

We have been very carefull to include special guests who will add benefit and fun to the event, so they are more a value-add than 'extra riders to take up ramp space'. Please don't discourage them from coming with a negative vibe. It's not fair on them, me or anyone else who would like to meet them/watch them ride.

And you also have to remember that this is a party for all levels of rider, shower and moocher...not a novice night.

Anyhow, enjoy the night guys!

baldbmxer

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 04:06 PM »
I dont think that anyone should worry about the big hitters coming and showing anyone up.

Having known Toby Forte for years I can tell you he isnt intimidating in any way, also John Taylor is a normal down to earth guy who just loves to ride and does it fooking well - ever seen him going large in a half pipe?  :shocked:  WOW - he rocks!, infact when he came to the DC show last year on the Sunday morning he was completely in awe of the bikes and the guys show peaces and restos. As for the Meacher guy (I havent met him) he rides with Quad Pete  - so lets face it he has no heirs or graces  :LolLolLolLol:

Lets just enjoy the presance of some greatness. If you havent seen these guys actually ride a park or trails you're in for a treat, it so much better than a video of internet.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Leach boy ride, missed it last year cos I was to busy clearing up in the S&S  :LolLolLolLol: and eating junk food. However I have to say his rimmers at MK are first class!  ;D

JT71

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 04:19 PM »
actually if you session with any rider better than you, 99% of the time they will be sound, encourage you, teach you and give you sound advice, it will usually give you confidence to improve.

almost all riders I have met from 18 year old tail whip skinny jean riders to 30 something ex pros and everyone in between has been sound.

i wanted to stuff a skateboard down a skaters throat at Creation last week mind.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 04:35 PM »
I dont think that anyone should worry about the big hitters coming and showing anyone up.

Having known Toby Forte for years I can tell you he isnt intimidating in any way, also John Taylor is a normal down to earth guy who just loves to ride and does it fooking well - ever seen him going large in a half pipe?  :shocked:  WOW - he rocks!, infact when he came to the DC show last year on the Sunday morning he was completely in awe of the bikes and the guys show peaces and restos. As for the Meacher guy (I havent met him) he rides with Quad Pete  - so lets face it he has no heirs or graces  :LolLolLolLol:

Lets just enjoy the presance of some greatness. If you havent seen these guys actually ride a park or trails you're in for a treat, it so much better than a video of internet.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Leach boy ride, missed it last year cos I was to busy clearing up in the S&S  :LolLolLolLol: and eating junk food. However I have to say his rimmers at MK are first class!  ;D

this is why i aint coming saturday  :yahoo_silent:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 04:38 PM »
i will be around to pick up brocken riders and parts that fall of like arms n legs.

Bushwacked

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 04:47 PM »
Darth Saltbert - I'll see what I can do about Metal through the speakers - what would you like? (I know Lola is on the case to put a CD / playlist together)

JT71

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 04:49 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

metal, loads and f***ing loads of metal.

rock, metal, rock, metal, rock.

and i don't mean Nickelback either.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  chrimbo bash - just wondering on some opinions

gfxgfx
gfx gfx