gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 03:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Our own private ramp!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Our own private ramp!!!!!  (Read 2669 times)

Sean 2000

Re: Our own private ramp!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 05:11 PM »
This is an interesting thread guys, i'm a Charlton regular and i know that costs roughly a grand a month all in.

I live in Leigh-on-Sea so would defo be interested in riding a private park nearby, i will keep an eye on this thread for sure.

Good luck fellas

Sean.  :daumenhoch:

Bushwacked

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 06:10 PM »
Dare I ask (in the dream that it'll be near me) where you guys are talking about?

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 06:37 PM »
southendy way as thats were they both live and work
cool idea tho

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 08:12 PM »
Getting the people together to chip in shouldn't be a problem. We only spoke about it yesterday and already we have about 5 people who definately want in. The initial layout for materials i think is going to be the stumbling block.

we started out with 10 people, ended up with 3 at the end of the build

thats only cos you took so long to finish it... ;)  :LolLolLolLol:
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 08:15 PM »
Getting the people together to chip in shouldn't be a problem. We only spoke about it yesterday and already we have about 5 people who definately want in. The initial layout for materials i think is going to be the stumbling block.

we started out with 10 people, ended up with 3 at the end of the build

thats only cos you took so long to finish it... ;)  :LolLolLolLol:

you found a house yet with a spare room ?

JT71

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 10:04 PM »
This is a great Idea :daumenhoch:, myself & subversion were chatting along the same lines the other day, TBH I can't see creation (our nearest indoor park) lasting more than another year, they just never seem to be busy anymore, the owners themselfs have said the climbing wall doubles (on a bad week!) what the skatepark makes.. :'(

so I think.. that this, is going to be a common thing with little 'private parks' popping up here and there..

hey Joe (JT71),
                       was in Kens truck stop the other day, sized up the joint, asked about rent etc, now that would make a great indoor park!! very exspensive tho..
but I'm sure that when the truck stop is fully gone along with (maybe ::)) central blast and powerpark auto's the rent will fall quickly

you do know i work for the owners of that site?

my bosses other company owns that whole collection of units.

rents are too high, otherwise there's a lovely big refurbed unit round the corner.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 10:24 PM »
Right.

Lets get a couple of things out of the way.

There are very few skateparks in this country that make money. Very few indeed. Small premises DO NOT make money without a subsiduary business, period.

Stop using the term 'chip in'.  There is no 'chipping in' projects like this. It's a far bigger committment than that, if you're serious.

Our project at Charlton lost 3 of its founder members (co-owners) before the ramp was even finished!

Commercial Rates can be higher than the rent.  Research!

There is a Planning issue.  Not neccessarily for discussion on the public board.  PM me if you want advice.

Now, all that aside, it's a great idea - get it built!  Be careful about copying somebody elses ramp plans though, they're often crap. Your skater chippie mate should have a good idea about whats what so I won't preach on here too much, other than to say that the very most basic mini ramp will need to stand on a footprint of approximately 35ft x 20ft depending on height.  Thats 700 sqft.  What size is the unit you're looking at?  Be sure to get accurate dimensions so you can determine what will actually fit in, you may well get a shock when you start building otherwise  ;)

Crack on then!

I'd like somewhere new to ride.......  :)

southend_styler

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2008, 11:13 PM »
Very sound advice there mate.

As i have mentioned this is just a very preliminary idea. And the reason i put this post up was to gain some further knowledge on the subject, and I think I have accomplished that.

There hasn't really been any research in to this as of yet, as, really, it was just idle chit chat i was sharing.

When, or if, this starts building a bit of speed, i will thoroughly research every aspect of it. That's just my nature, i'm very meticulous.  :coolsmiley:

bmxbert

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2008, 11:17 PM »
shame your not like that at work  ;D

southend_styler

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2008, 11:19 PM »
shame your not like that at work  ;D

Get bent!!!  ;D

reay900tap

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2008, 11:21 PM »
This is a great Idea :daumenhoch:, myself & subversion were chatting along the same lines the other day, TBH I can't see creation (our nearest indoor park) lasting more than another year, they just never seem to be busy anymore, the owners themselfs have said the climbing wall doubles (on a bad week!) what the skatepark makes.. :'(

so I think.. that this, is going to be a common thing with little 'private parks' popping up here and there..

hey Joe (JT71),
                       was in Kens truck stop the other day, sized up the joint, asked about rent etc, now that would make a great indoor park!! very exspensive tho..
but I'm sure that when the truck stop is fully gone along with (maybe ::)) central blast and powerpark auto's the rent will fall quickly

you do know i work for the owners of that site?

my bosses other company owns that whole collection of units.

rents are too high, otherwise there's a lovely big refurbed unit round the corner.

yes mate had an idea they owned it, TBH its pipe dreams if anything.. just can't help myself when I'm in a big empty space indoors :D :D ..

myself and subversion have a long standing idea for some little fun ramps at my house when my workshop is done, just a couple of little 1/4's and a small 4' volcano is what I'm thinking, easy to move about..
kind'ov open the front of the workshop to use that for the run up then heading down through the car port etc.. centre of the car port has a 10' roof so should ::) be ok with head room

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 12:05 AM »
Very sound advice there mate.

As i have mentioned this is just a very preliminary idea. And the reason i put this post up was to gain some further knowledge on the subject, and I think I have accomplished that.

There hasn't really been any research in to this as of yet, as, really, it was just idle chit chat i was sharing.

When, or if, this starts building a bit of speed, i will thoroughly research every aspect of it. That's just my nature, i'm very meticulous.  :coolsmiley:

Cool.  I wish you all the very best with it   :daumenhoch:

Frosty

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2008, 01:26 PM »
The insurance issue I'm sure would raise it's ugly head again too. The landlord will obviously want it covered, in the event of any accidents then there may well be issues even with signed up contributors. To get insurance then there would need to be stated use and that is where the prmiums will start to ratchet up.

Good luck mind :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2008, 01:32 PM »
Any one want this one ?

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

kingkeef

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2008, 01:43 PM »
Can you Deliver Bill.    West London?

Sean 2000

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2008, 01:54 PM »
I would love it Bill, but i would have to knock part of my house down to fit it in the garden  :-[

Sean.

jedi

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2008, 02:36 PM »
i'd love that!!!!!

virtualmeuk

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2008, 02:44 PM »
And me. Is it for sale?

jedi

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2008, 02:45 PM »
if it needs a good home i could fit it in at my mtb spot  :) :) :)

virtualmeuk

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2008, 03:01 PM »
Tell u what tony i will fight you for it!!!...

Err maybe not  :LolLolLolLol:

JT71

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2008, 03:02 PM »
just tread on his bad foot and grab his gammy neck, he'll be history.

that said i think Tony is a lover not a fighter...or that's what he keeps telling me.......

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

jedi

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2008, 04:05 PM »
heh heh heh

:)

jedi

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2008, 10:58 PM »
i am in talks with my mate as to wether to do this.we are going to hunt around for a site then take it from there

jedi

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2008, 10:59 PM »
maybe 3 of us

kdubbmx

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008, 11:35 PM »
I've seen a few suitable properties come up around the north east london/essex areas recently that the lanlords are so desperate to rent that they are willing to grant temparery leases on (12 months) rent-free, you just have to pay the business rates/bills, its because the rules on empty commercial properties have been changed & the owners have to pay now even when empty so their pretty desperate!!

All this adds up to you being able to be pretty choosy & you should drive a hard bargain!!

Once its all up & running & established it shouldnt be too hard to get relevent insurance to start charging people to ride, just make sure to keep any liability away from any of you that own houses!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Our own private ramp!!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx