gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 11:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Lets get Robbo a decent ride....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lets get Robbo a decent ride....  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Lets get Robbo a decent ride....
« on: November 30, 2008, 07:31 PM »
Ok, just sold the Sport (which will please DSD :P) and for 09 I want to go proper new school, I have £350 to spend and would appreciate your recomendations...

My fav so far is a Colony Endevour as long as Stevie B can still do the deal he was offering a while back?

What would you buy....... :daumenhoch:

JT71

Re: Lets get Robbo a decent ride....
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 07:37 PM »
I have the endeavor myself, but not stock, it's nice and most other people that ride it seem to like it.

but i reckon if you buy an 08 bike discounted you'll find a much better specced bike for £350.00

perhaps.

or maybe if the Colony is on a wicked deal from StevieB (i've bought lots from him) get it and buy some upgrades

or talk to Stodgy, see what he can do for the money.

try for a cassette rear wheel with a nice 10t cog so you can run a nice small sprocket on your cranks.

there's heaps to choose from new school style, are you looking to runa front brake? cos most new school rides don't have AD mounts on the forks now.

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 07:42 PM »
I had been thinking about running without a front brake, I find that when I'm on the ramps I tend to rest my fingers on the lever and the temptation is to great to use it....

I will pm both Stevie and Stodgy and see what they have. ;)

JT71

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 07:45 PM »
also check out the hoffman cirrus, pkretro just got one, very nice out of the box.

where you based? you going the xmas bash?

be good to meet up with some radsters and blag a go on their rides to get a feel for em, most aren't stock completes, but you'll get a feel for length and geometry, you're more than welcome to have a sesh on my colony.

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 07:51 PM »
also check out the hoffman cirrus, pkretro just got one, very nice out of the box.

be good to meet up with some radsters and blag a go on their rides to get a feel for em, most aren't stock completes, but you'll get a feel for length and geometry, you're more than welcome to have a sesh on my colony.

Cant make the bash as its the Wife's work do, Im based in Rayleigh, Essex.

Didnt we say hello on the London ride when I made a cock of myself perving over Swivels missus?  ;D

JT71

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 08:11 PM »

Cant make the bash as its the Wife's work do, Im based in Rayleigh, Essex.

Didnt we say hello on the London ride when I made a cock-a-doodle-do of myself perving over Swivels missus?  ;D

yes it was me that said "well I don't mind the mum if you fancy a foursome"

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

mmmmmm, get down to a park when some radsters are riding and try their bikes....or Tuesday nights at corby, but that's a long drive.  :daumenhoch:

or just buy something well specced that you like the look of and ride it enough that you just get used to that bike.

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 08:50 PM »
price of bikes are rocketing for 09. better off getting an 08 bike if you can. pound for pound will be much better specced than 09. first time in 15 years the bikes are worse than the previous year!

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 09:27 PM »

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 09:33 PM »

speak to stodge he has some subrosa's coming in

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 09:34 PM »

speak to stodge he has some subrosa's coming in

pm's already sent to Stodgy and Stevie. :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 07:24 AM »
as Phil has said though Robbo, look at 2008 bikes, the prices of 2009 bikes are either way higher than 2008 or the specs have gotten worse not better.

He told me the prices of 2009 bikes were going to be bad a while back and the chap in Ride Cov confirmed that when i was chatting to him the other week.

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 12:22 PM »

JT71

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 12:56 PM »
love that Verde dude, you don;t see many of them around so that's a plus and it looks well specced but with scope for some upgrades/personalisation as funds allow.

:daumenhoch:

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 08:28 PM »
Stevie B has hooked me up with an endeavor which I take delivery of when my old bike is payed for.

Big thanks to JT71, Stodgy and of course Stevie for all there help and advice over the past few days. :daumenhoch: :4_17_5:

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 09:52 AM »
Here it finally is, really pleased with it and cant wait to get out on it. Massive thanks to Stevie B for sorting me out. :daumenhoch:

Here's the spec.

Colony 20.75 Endeavor frame, forks and bars (8inch rise)
Chosen cassette hub, fully pro, 9T driver (same internals as Proper Magnalite or Colony Clone hub)  Sealed, 14mm
Chosen front hub, sealed 10mm.
Alex rims.
Colony Endeavor cranks.
Tektro brakes.
We The People grips.
25T sprocket.
Wellgo resin pedals.
KMC chain.
Kenda street tyres.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:01 PM by 'Robbo' »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Lets get Robbo a decent ride....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx