gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 11:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Quick question on trusty skyways.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Quick question on trusty skyways.  (Read 996 times)

flat spot

Quick question on trusty skyways.
« on: November 26, 2008, 07:00 PM »
I've been googling like mad but can't find a definative answer. I've seen some skyways that have gold alloy. Can you get these in black as the ones I've read about are graphite (same thing?)

How rare are they? Would it be worth getting some silver ones and getting them anodised gold, or don't they come apart?

Cheers  F.S.

flat spot

Re: Quick question on trusty skyways.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 07:03 PM »
Opps wrong section,  :idiot2:  mod please move?  :)

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 07:15 AM »
The gold hubbed ones are the Skyway Graphites, expensive as fook, and there's more than one type, the more squared off ones are Campagnolo hubbed ones and are even more expensive. You could annodise the normal alloy ones but you'll have to break the 5 long "rivets" that hold them all together, then you'll have to get some more made up or use long bolts and nuts when you reasemble, which dont look too good.

Another way is to use glass paint on the alloy which will give you a similar effect but not as good as getting them annodised... someone on here did that or something similar, must have been over a year ago so use the search facility and see if you can find the post with the pics.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 07:17 AM by Del »

flat spot

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 05:31 PM »
ahh righto, thanks for a definative answer. Just wanted something a bit different.  Might have to go for Aero Zytecs if I can get some in black. They seem relatively rare but without the price tag to match.

Offline dwain dibbly

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 09:03 PM »
here you go :)
hope you have some time to kill ;)

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=64575.0

flat spot

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 09:09 PM »
I don't think I'll bother with paint. Would have anodised it but makes no sense to ruin them by taking them apart.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 04:30 PM »

It does not alway ruin them if you take them apart  8)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Quick question on trusty skyways.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx