gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 04:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Where is Mason Smith now??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Where is Mason Smith now??  (Read 1612 times)

madall

Where is Mason Smith now??
« on: January 27, 2006, 11:46 PM »
Does anyone keep in touch with Big Mason the best ground freestyler in the country during the 80's

retrogeezer

Re: Where is Mason Smith now??
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 12:42 AM »
He owns Custom Riders as far as I know!

Lazarou

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 03:12 AM »
I saw him recently and he's still riding and is one of the best mini ramp riders i have ever seen!

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 10:54 PM »
behind his shop counter where he's been since 1984 serving the bmx nation... 8)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 10:13 AM »
ye hes still working and riding,top man i havent seen him for a long time he was riding at radlands last time i was there
i rode on a short tour/demo around england in 85 they had not had there shop that long then.i think people like mason and his mum and dad should have a medal for sticking with it through no dought quiet times bmx was always in and out but they are still there :4_17_5:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 12:44 PM »
He used to ride at Stevenage Bowes lion house skate park BITD and was super smooth!

Nice sparkely Gen 1 as well  8)

stevenage kid

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 04:28 PM »
Mason is still about and still riding etc... (Y2SK8) wednesday's, I was talking to him a couple of weeks ago about the site.  Your right i am sure he won't mind me saying so, they do deserve recognition!!!  As for his gen 1 its sitting in his shop built up with black tuffs!!!! etc.  He also has the american king of the skateparks on video, del mar dominguez etc, (he will shoot me for saying that).  Trying to track down Ollie matthews at the mo!!! gettin there, slowly any help would be good!

theRuler

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 05:04 PM »

probably having his tea

2020mad

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 11:53 PM »

probably having his tea
                                      :LolLolLolLol:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006, 10:56 PM »
Mason is still about and still riding etc... (Y2SK8) wednesday's, I was talking to him a couple of weeks ago about the site.  Your right i am sure he won't mind me saying so, they do deserve recognition!!!  As for his gen 1 its sitting in his shop built up with black tuffs!!!! etc.  He also has the american king of the skateparks on video, del mar dominguez etc, (he will shoot me for saying that).  Trying to track down Ollie matthews at the mo!!! gettin there, slowly any help would be good!

Ollie Matthews.....  he was riding through the 90s,  he came to my barn vert ramp a few times in 94 (took one of the hardest slames I've ever seen and walked away) and was deffo around later on, seem to recall he hung out with Chase Gouin when he was hiding out over here in 95-6ish.  Don't know what happened to him after that, sorry mate  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Where is Mason Smith now??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx