gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 06:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  gosport bmx track
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: gosport bmx track  (Read 1001 times)

spesh

gosport bmx track
« on: December 01, 2008, 07:55 PM »
went down there today to have a look as there was building work going on there not long ago
thought the council was demolishing it as there didnt seem to be a lot going on there
but to my surprise gosport council have put in a proper gate and concreted the start hill and tarmaced the burms
and also smoothed out some of the silly little jumps too
it now looks like a professional set up track
anyone fancy some old school racing there?

spesh

Re: gosport bmx track
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 07:58 PM »
heres the location but this is an old photo so its not built yet
but its just next to the tip that looks like a carpark

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=po1+3jj&countryCode=GB#map=50.79604,-1.16809|19|256&be=4336575|North&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:50.80125:-1.10214:16|po1%203jj|PO1%203JJ

SEARLE

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 09:05 PM »
I LIVE IN WORTHING,WENT TO GOSPORT ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO FOR A BIT OF PRACTICE.REALLY NICE TRACK WITH A PARK AND CARPARK NEXT DOOR.OLD SCHOOL RACE WOULD BE GOOD.JUMPS ARE A BIT BIG!!! VERY SMALL IN MY DAY!! ;)

AL

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 10:18 PM »
but to my surprise gosport council have put in a proper gate and concreted the start hill and tarmaced the burms
and also smoothed out some of the silly little jumps too
it now looks like a professional set up track
anyone fancy some old school racing there?

Spesh..    James Christie and the Gosport crew have worked bloody hard over the last  2 years building and designing the track  and  (putting right , what the council F*****  up )..      James is the guy to speak to , as regards Gates , and future events  :daumenhoch:

spesh

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 10:32 PM »
my mistake fella :10_2_12: :daumenhoch:
thought it was too good to be true that the council would do something for the community!! :LolLolLolLol:

oldmankev

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Gates are on Sat mornings peeps, usual prices for non members, hoping
for a summer regional check out site Gosport bmx club.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 02:46 PM »
Been there a couple of times, its the only track i aint fell of on  :LolLolLolLol:

We did a few practise sessions with James and Darren.  I don't think James is on RAD but he is on BMX talk  with the username Rubberduck or something like that. Quite windy there though as its right next to the sea.

There is also a council tip right next door which is worth having a look at for any old school stuff that has been dumped. ;D ;D
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  gosport bmx track

gfxgfx
gfx gfx