gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 10:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Anyone know of a broken S&M Sabbath?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone know of a broken S&M Sabbath?  (Read 1698 times)

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Anyone know of a broken S&M Sabbath?
« on: November 24, 2008, 07:06 PM »
As title really, after tripping over my "mk1" Sabbath frame in the garage again got me thinking what happened to them all, they seem unbreakable but you never see any about, did they really all get used as boat anchors, or did the majority crack / snap?
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Anyone know of a broken S&M Sabbath?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 07:56 PM »
they all went rusty from amos burke riding them in the sea! (on location i think) :LolLolLolLol:

bmxbert

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 09:14 PM »
i dont know where they all went but the mk1 sabbath was and still is one of the nicest platformed bikes ever.
they had an awsome stance i preffer them over the big daddys anyday.

your a lucky boy if you have one

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 11:44 PM »
i dont know where they all went but the mk1 sabbath was and still is one of the nicest platformed bikes ever.
they had an awsome stance i prefer them over the big daddys anyday.

your a lucky boy if you have one

Mine's in the shed, no closer to being built & ridden than a year ago. Must try it out sometime, but it'll have to be with light parts!

bmxbert

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 12:06 AM »
build it like a tank. its the 90s way
the heavier the better. like bowling balls, hammers , and all other things manly.
if it dont break your leg if it falls on you its not heavy enough lol

condor96

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 12:15 AM »
id give somebody props if they managed to break one of those foorkers :LolLolLolLol:. buuuutttttt i prefer my big daddy :knuppel2: ..........but the sabbath is my second fave platform bike....well toss up between the sabbath and a wal riot/2hip big boy (i like something about them)

bmxbert

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 12:18 AM »
its not a suprise you prefer big daddys when yo own the most minty one on the planet lol

condor96

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 12:24 AM »
its not a suprise you prefer big daddys when yo own the most minty one on the planet lol

lol mines nice,but idk if id say minty.....well.............(the theives took good care of it for me for the last 11 years  :LolLolLolLol:)

and some sabbath ads for the thread....

bmxbert

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 12:31 AM »
gotta ask you condor.....what do you clean your chrome up with because all of you bikes look like they come out of a showroom
you must have had to put some work into getting them back to that state

condor96

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 12:39 AM »
gotta ask you condor.....what do you clean your chrome up with because all of you bikes look like they come out of a showroom
you must have had to put some work into getting them back to that state

lol i think ive tried every polish. terry cloth towel,alot of hours polishing by hand, white diamond metal polish is THE best stuff ive ever used. also works great on alum. also doesnt hurt that my work is refinshing,customizing and restoring cars and motorcycles....
before......

after......

and some of my paint work...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 12:49 AM by condor96 »

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 04:57 PM »
everyone weighed them in as good money in metal on those things a few months back
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Miko

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 05:13 PM »
everyone weighed them in as good money in metal on those things a few months back

Which, Camaros or Mustangs?   :D

condor96

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 05:52 PM »

:LolLolLolLol: my mustang weighs 2950lbs ready to hit the track,camaro about 3300lbs(not exactly sure,was my exs) sabbath probably weighs more than both.....lol
id guess a sabbath frame weighs about 7 1/2 lbs. give or take

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 05:54 PM »

:LolLolLolLol: my mustang weighs 2950lbs ready to hit the track,camaro about 3300lbs(not exactly sure,was my exs) sabbath probably weighs more than both.....lol
id guess a sabbath frame weighs about 7 1/2 lbs. give or take

Nearly! The later ones were a bit over 6 lbs, the early one I have is 8.4 lbs  :shocked:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 05:57 PM by fugazi33 »

condor96

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 06:23 PM »
 :shocked: thats alot of frame. my bd frame is 7.5 lbs.  and to think all the new school guys at the skatepark whine and bitch about my "heavy"  32lb condor :D....... "oh my god its sooooo heavy,how do you ride that??? why do you have brakes and pegs???  how are you so good on it?? why is your seat not slammed??? thats the cleaniest bike ive ever seen!" and on and on........ :idiot2: i hear the same thing everytime

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 06:29 PM »
i am currently building a mammoth 90s ride at the moment ,just for something to do.
alot of the indestructible frames did what they said on the tin and the riders stepped up and rode
the balls off them.

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 07:51 PM »
i am currently building a mammoth 90s ride at the moment ,just for something to do.
alot of the indestructible frames did what they said on the tin and the riders stepped up and rode
the balls off them.

Well said  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Anyone know of a broken S&M Sabbath?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx